Sign in to follow this  
Rock the Boat

Anrew Cullen for CEO?

What do posters think of the idea of bringing back Andrew Cullen as the next CEO? He was very effective as Sales and Marketing Director. Could he make the step up to CEO?

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]What do posters think of the idea of bringing back Andrew Cullen as the next CEO? He was very effective as Sales and Marketing Director. Could he make the step up to CEO?[/quote]

And how much do you think he would want for the job?

Didn''t he leave Norwich originally because his wife needed to move?He woul be a terrific MD (rather than Ceo) for me and cheaper than an experienced option...

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]He left the same reason all the other backroom staff left. Driven out by H.M. the Queen.[/quote]

I think there was more to it than that. Andrew had filled the Ground with Season Ticket holders and so his ability to earn bonus (which presumably  he was paid) was limited by his success.

His way to the Board was blocked by his boss Niel Doncaster and there was a marketing man there already in the shape of Roger Munby. I believe Andrew had a mate at MK Dons and once there he was given the title of "Group Sales and Marketing Director". After seven years at NCFC learning his trade MK Dons was a natural progression for Andrew.

I cannot see your man coming back to Nowich for less than £200,000 as CEO. 

Surely what we have to ask is would Andrew Cullen see moving back here as a step in the right direction? I doubt he would. MK Dons are on the up, we on the other hand.....

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]He left the same reason all the other backroom staff left. Driven out by H.M. the Queen.[/quote]

I think there was more to it than that. Andrew had filled the Ground with Season Ticket holders and so his ability to earn bonus (which presumably  he was paid) was limited by his success.

His way to the Board was blocked by his boss Niel Doncaster and there was a marketing man there already in the shape of Roger Munby. I believe Andrew had a mate at MK Dons and once there he was given the title of "Group Sales and Marketing Director". After seven years at NCFC learning his trade MK Dons was a natural progression for Andrew.

I cannot see your man coming back to Nowich for less than £200,000 as CEO. 

[/quote]What''s an extra £45,000 if he managed to get us a football team again? Especially one without poorly worded release clauses.

Andy is probably the most helpful and proffessional person that I have ever had dealings with at NCFC.

Peter Winkleman (sp?) is not stupid and took him from us to do a job there.  Like it or not MK Dons are going somewhere and it is not L2.  They have huge potential and as over time their roots are forgotten I honestly think they will go right to the top half of the prem. 

I cant see Andy coming back to this mess under the current owners.  He has winners mentality and at the moment I dont feel that our club has to many of them around!

Andy Cullen would be a great appointment.

But given our board is incapable of making decent appointments, it just won''t happen.

I expect one of Delia''s sycophants to get the job: Dennis or Wagcaster?

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]Wow, could you imagine Mick Dennis as CEO....[/quote]

That would finish me off!

Correct

Rumour has it - that Mr Cullen wasn''t too happy about the way his wife  (who was also an employee of the club) was treated.....which was one factor concerning his decision - to venture to pastures new....