Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

for gunn not for gunn , and abstained

in a previous thread theres a lot of talk about figures and votes about who favours gunns appointment and who doesnt,

well heres your chance to do the poll using the pinkun to find who is and who isnt and whos not sure on either

well ill start no rude comments or abuse this is just to find out

Myself im

against the appoitnement - but willing to give him a chance

the boardroom is the core of the problem , i feel gunn has hardly been given a chance and had no financial backing from the board.

alot of previous managers mistakes , before gunn as i have said before.

im happy to cast my verdict after a few games and seeing what team we have put together .

i dont think hes the best choice, but because he was man enough to put himself in the firing line of many unhappy norwich fan and take the flak , when roeder dissapeared into the sunset with a big fat cheque, i have to respect him for that so im willing to give him a chance .

the majority of our team over three quarters of it is roeders and grants flops , that is my reason .

I think this has been done to death.

However, I am a well documented Gunn supporter.

I don''t feel he has a been given a big enough chance and will be interested to see what he can do with his own players.

I also feel for what it''s worth that there are a lot more Gunn supporters than this MB suggests.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Totally For, and Jim your post was very nicely put and i think the sentiments of a lot more supporters than is given credit for[/quote]

unfortunately i disagree, with your statement here, lokking at this sofar the majority on this thread alone are against hi sappointment myself included(although am willing to give him a chance) if the stats from this thread so far where translated across the fan base of noriwch the majority would be heavily towards the against the appointment but as not every fan is on the pinkun and not every fan will reply to the thread all we can judge is that so far the sample area votes taken are against

against the appointmrnt but a new board of directors with delia & co gone would soon rectify the situation.  Lets hope that NCISA can really get a sensible campaign going now they know the strength of feeling against the current regime

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]Totally For, and Jim your post was very nicely put and i think the sentiments of a lot more supporters than is given credit for[/quote]

unfortunately i disagree, with your statement here, lokking at this sofar the majority on this thread alone are against hi sappointment myself included(although am willing to give him a chance) if the stats from this thread so far where translated across the fan base of noriwch the majority would be heavily towards the against the appointment but as not every fan is on the pinkun and not every fan will reply to the thread all we can judge is that so far the sample area votes taken are against[/quote]but as has been posted on here only roughly 200 odd people comment on here which isnt very representative at all as you have pointed out

Not happy with Gunn''s appointment... But I have got confidence in the ability of Crooky and B''worth as coaches.

I''m a fan so I''ll judge the appointment when the season starts.... But imo Gunn is not a manager, he''s a boardroom * with no experience

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]Totally For, and Jim your post was very nicely put and i think the sentiments of a lot more supporters than is given credit for[/quote]

unfortunately i disagree, with your statement here, lokking at this sofar the majority on this thread alone are against hi sappointment myself included(although am willing to give him a chance) if the stats from this thread so far where translated across the fan base of noriwch the majority would be heavily towards the against the appointment but as not every fan is on the pinkun and not every fan will reply to the thread all we can judge is that so far the sample area votes taken are against[/quote]but as has been posted on here only roughly 200 odd people comment on here which isnt very representative at all as you have pointed out[/quote]

this exactly the point but however if the choice of manager hadve been give over to the fans to vote on i really dont think gunn wouldve got the job, we know for a fact that last night a very small percent of nearly 600+ fans wouldve voted for his appointment, so far on here we can see a trend of the majority of posters wouldve not voted for him, and trends usually stay the same across the board, sociology basics, people when faced with a decision tend to stay in line with the majority as not to be ousted away from the majority, saying ull vote for something and voting for the thing ull say ull vote are 2 completely different things.

but theres no basis to show so far that theres a majority who favour gunns appointment, i might well be wrong on this but trends from two sample polls so far are against this appointment

I was against him getting the job till end of season but was very impressed with the way he improved our play when he came in, it was always a long shot to right all the wrongs in 3 months but I now believe given a full season and his own squad ( with no more than 3/4 loans ) he and Crook and Butterworth will get us at least top six next year

He must have a chance to show what he can do

But we don''t know anything about the samples:

- Who goes to the games

- Where people sit

- How old the people are

And other such questions.

Jim - are you saying that although 2 polls are showing about 95% of fans against Gunn''s appointment, you still believe that the majority of fans are in favour? Thats just crazy talk. Believe it or not, the range of people on this message board are quite diverse and even though they may not be a full cross section of the fan base I am certain you will find that the percentage or fors and againsts given on here would not vary a huge amount from what would be given by the fan base as a whole. Thinking there would be a 46% swing towards favouring Gunn if more people were questioned is just burying your head in the sand.

My opinion is that the majority of fans love Gunny. They respect him and love what he did for the club in his time as a player. They hold no malice toward Gunn for taking us down because quite frankly it was not his fault. He had no time to change things significantly from when Roeder left. The blame for relegation lies squarely with the board. However, Gunn has never previously been a manager and over the course of 19 games he demonstrated that he does not have a natural ability to motivate players for a sustained period and does not have the tactical ability to get more out of a given set of players than say a Glenn Roeder could. He has no experience. Thats not his fault but if we are to have the slightest chance of getting out of this mess, employing an inexperience manager, for the sake of giving him a chance, is not going to help. Our best chance of getting back to the Championship is to do so at the first time of asking. Imagine if we do manage to hang on to the few good players we have left such as Hoolahan - are they still going to stick around after a poor season under Gunn? Bringing in a well qualified and experienced manager in a years time will be too late.

So as you can see I am against the appointment of Gunn. But nobody dislikes Gunn or holds it against him. Its the boards fault. And given the recent polls I think you will find that at least 90% of the entire fan base would agree with me on all of the above.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]in a previous thread theres a lot of talk about figures and votes about who favours gunns appointment and who doesnt,

well heres your chance to do the poll using the pinkun to find who is and who isnt and whos not sure on either

well ill start no rude comments or abuse this is just to find out

Myself im

against the appoitnement - but willing to give him a chance[/quote]

Faggot.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Jim - are you saying that although 2 polls are showing about 95% of fans against Gunn''s appointment, you still believe that the majority of fans are in favour? Thats just crazy talk. Believe it or not, the range of people on this message board are quite diverse and even though they may not be a full cross section of the fan base I am certain you will find that the percentage or fors and againsts given on here would not vary a huge amount from what would be given by the fan base as a whole. Thinking there would be a 46% swing towards favouring Gunn if more people were questioned is just burying your head in the sand. My opinion is that the majority of fans love Gunny. They respect him and love what he did for the club in his time as a player. They hold no malice toward Gunn for taking us down because quite frankly it was not his fault. He had no time to change things significantly from when Roeder left. The blame for relegation lies squarely with the board. However, Gunn has never previously been a manager and over the course of 19 games he demonstrated that he does not have a natural ability to motivate players for a sustained period and does not have the tactical ability to get more out of a given set of players than say a Glenn Roeder could. He has no experience. Thats not his fault but if we are to have the slightest chance of getting out of this mess, employing an inexperience manager, for the sake of giving him a chance, is not going to help. Our best chance of getting back to the Championship is to do so at the first time of asking. Imagine if we do manage to hang on to the few good players we have left such as Hoolahan - are they still going to stick around after a poor season under Gunn? Bringing in a well qualified and experienced manager in a years time will be too late. So as you can see I am against the appointment of Gunn. But nobody dislikes Gunn or holds it against him. Its the boards fault. And given the recent polls I think you will find that at least 90% of the entire fan base would agree with me on all of the above.[/quote]

A perfect summary CC [Y]

There may well have been better people to appoint as our manager but that is now irrelevant. Gunny has been given the job so we must support him, the club and the team wherever he will be able to get one from.

I believe this was aptly put in the Tony Hall cartoon yesterday where Gunny was being passed the Poisoned Chalice ... the quote was "You''re a lucky guy, Bryan - people don''t usually survive long enough to have a SECOND swig!"

There is one hell of a job to be done at Norwich City because the players we had last season were poor, thanks to our previous two managers. The better ones of those will now disappear. Ask yourself - would you want to work with what is left?

I''m very much against his appointment and believe the board could hardly have made a worse choice for manager.

Having said that, I''m prepared to give him a fair chance as manager, as I did with the previous two muppets they selected, but let''s just hope Gunn''s statistics for matches that his team have Won, Drawn and Lost next season, are somewhat better than his dire record over the 19 games this season, if not we could end up right in the sh..ite.

Against.

nothing to do with the man, he''s a legend. and was happy to see him given the chance last season. My main problem is his tactical naivety, in too many important games towards the end of the season were sub left too late or the wrong team picked. I think it cost us vital points agaist Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Charlton.

This forum along with the others are obviously going to represent a cross section of fans.  Two polls, two votes massively against the appointment of Gunn for next season.This continual attempt to not see the truth should concern you and the few others still clinging to their little corner of unreality.

[quote user="ACE"]This forum along with the others are obviously going to represent a cross section of fans.  Two polls, two votes massively against the appointment of Gunn for next season.

This continual attempt to not see the truth should concern you and the few others still clinging to their little corner of unreality.
[/quote]

Spot on ACE,it''s getting boring listening to the few trying to out shout the many!!!

Just to throw another point in Royal East Anglian:Remember the appointments of Grant and Roeder?  Both not universially supported, both douted by the fans.  Can you remember such a co-ordinated, universial response of "no" to either of their appointments?