Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Season tickets cancellation numbers.

I have heard that after the appointment of Gunn season ticket holders are now requesting refunds, now with the sale of Marshall and free crofty plus with the potential sale of Wes and Clingan. I would like to know what the actual number of season tickets that are being returned after Gunn’s bad appointment.

Plus how many first team players we actually own, plus how the hell we are going to replace them?

I dont see how you would find out the numbers of returned season tickets as the club will not tell you.

[quote user="Dibs"]

I have heard that after the appointment of Gunn season ticket holders are now requesting refunds, now with the sale of Marshall and free crofty plus with the potential sale of Wes and Clingan. I would like to know what the actual number of season tickets that are being returned after Gunn’s bad appointment.

Plus how many first team players we actually own, plus how the hell we are going to replace them? [/quote]

If you want to know about season ticket figures, dont you think you should be calling the club?

As for working out how many players we own, surely you are more than capable of counting yourself. I will start you off. Nelson, 1. Rudd, 2. Otsemober, 3.......

Players we have on our books: 22

Minus players out of contract at the end of the season: 18

Minus youth players: 13

If Doc, Hoolahoop and Klingon are sold: 10

If Cureton and Fatty Matty Patty are given the boot: 8

I would imagine the numbers will end up coming out in the press, especially if the numbers are significant. I hope they are...

I guess this is something that the club will keep to themselves as usual...lets face it at present they only announce statements on what they feel is good news. Well I was one of the season ticket holders who had their ticket "automatically" renewed back in February, as part of the 12 month interest free payment scheme. Under this scheme, if you did not advise the club by the end of Feb, that you wanted to cancel then the assumption was that you wanted to renew for next season. I wonder how many of the 18,000 renewed in the same way?? After all back in Feb, we didn''t know if we would avoid relegation, nor how Bryan and the "Dream Team" would do. So a very clever move by the club, as most of the people that I know who had this option, said that they would wait until the end of the season before deciding what to do.Since we got relegated, I decided to wait to see what action would be taken, both at board and managerial level, to ensure that we stand every chance of getting promoted, or at least make the play offs. Well know we now, that our board consider that a management team with a record of - played 19, won 5, drawn 5 and LOST 9!! - is the recipe for success, in what is going to be a very tough league. Not to mention the fact that we lost 5 out of our last 6 games!So to confirm your thoughts above, I am now one of the season ticket holders, who has decided to cancel, and will be asking for a refund of the monthly payments that I have already made towards next seasons ticket. Its not something I thought that I would do, but for me, enough is enough. Once again, the board has made a very poor decision in appointing the manager (Gunn was a great player and a great ambassador for the club - but in my opinion is too inexperienced for the job that lies ahead), and yet again are just taking us for mugs!! I can also confirm, that all of the other 5 people who sit with me have decided to do the same this week. For us the appt of BG, IC and IB was the final straw.I hope that come December, I look back and think that I made a big mistake, as we sit at the top of League 1, but I really fear that this will not be the case, and even worse is still to come.

Also seriously thinking about doing this myself....having had a season ticket since 1979.  It''s not the relegation that''s done it for me but the lack of vision, hope and ambition.  As you quite rightly say, enough is enough!

The club did say recently that couple of hundred season tickets had been returned.

Come the start of the season you can get an idea of how many have returned, because of the total number. I.E: we currently have 18,000, but if the club announces we have 17,000 at the start of the season then clearly people have returned. However it''s not an exact science, because 2000 may have returned and 1000 new people could have signed up.

As for the subject of renewing. I renewed in April with good knowledge that we could be relegated. However, I am not a fair weather fan and was going to renew whatever happened. Personally I still want to watch football even if it''s league one.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I am not a fair weather fan and was going to renew whatever happened. Personally I still want to watch football even if it''s league one.[/quote]

I don''t consider myself a ''fair weather fan'' having seen and been part of the ups and downs of this club for the last 45 years.  If you want to watch decent football, there are plenty of good local sides about - I recently watched Blofield United demolish Holt 8-0 and the level of skill on show easily surpassed some of the dross we''ve had to endure over the last 4 years!

I know of 5 ST cancelations alone this week..............then they can become members and can still attend matches, result? huge message to the cook.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]However, I am not a fair weather fan and was going to renew whatever happened. Personally I still want to watch football even if it''s league one.[/quote]Jim,Its exactly that sort of comment that causes such division between us fans.I canceled my season ticket… am I a fair weather fan? Or am I finally standing up and taking some responsibility for my part in the demise of this great club… i.e. the underpinning of their regime with my continual acceptance of their plans and actions by purchasing a season ticket?I will still go the matches, but buggered if they are going to have my money up front any more!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Jim Kent"]However, I am not a fair weather fan and was going to renew whatever happened. Personally I still want to watch football even if it''s league one.[/quote]

I will still go the matches, but buggered if they are going to have my money up front any more!
[/quote]

Well said Andy, couldn''t agree more.

In my opinion you stick by your team in the bad and the good. If you quit going, because the team is relegated that is your choice and your right.

But I won''t and I stand by my original comments. It''s easy to support a team when they are winning.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]In my opinion you stick by your team in the bad and the good. If you quit going, because the team is relegated that is your choice and your right. But I won''t and I stand by my original comments. It''s easy to support a team when they are winning.[/quote]

You can give up your season ticket and still go by buying casual tickets while sending a clear message to the board that you aren''t happy.

But as a contra to this cancellation of STs, apparently over 400 new STs have been purchased since relegation. Thats the predicament people find themselves in - cancel your ticket and opt for casual tickets, but then find there are only cr@p seats available. Cutting nose off to spite face comes to mind.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]If you quit going, because the team is relegated that is your choice and your right.[/quote]

I can''t speak for anyone else but that''s not the reason I would stop going (see my postings above).

[quote user="Jim Kent"]In my opinion you stick by your team in the bad and the good. If you quit going, because the team is relegated that is your choice and your right.

But I won''t and I stand by my original comments. It''s easy to support a team when they are winning.[/quote]But that hasn''t answered my question Jim… am I a fair weather supporter because I have canceled my season ticket?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]But as a contra to this cancellation of STs, apparently over 400 new STs have been purchased since relegation. Thats the predicament people find themselves in - cancel your ticket and opt for casual tickets, but then find there are only cr@p seats available. Cutting nose off to spite face comes to mind.[/quote]

I would imagine that on average there will be around 5k empty seats next season so you will probably be able to pick which part of the ground you sit in, for me that''s a small price to pay if it forces Smith to try a little bit harder to find a buyer.

Okay, let me get this straight...

I''ve pad £366 for my ST. With the rebate (that I will be taking) the cost reduces to £293. That equates to under £13 per game.

So you''re suggesting that I should return my ST and become a member. Not only does being a member cost money (assume about £10), but the cost of match tickets I''m sure will be nearer £20 per match than £15. Taking £17.50, that would work out at over £400 for the season, without all the phone calls etc. to book the tickets.

Good luck to everyone who cancels, hope you enjoy forking out the extra £100+ over the next season.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]If you quit going, because the team is relegated that is your choice and your right.[/quote]

I can''t speak for anyone else but that''s not the reason I would stop going (see my postings above).

[/quote]

... and I cancelled mine well before we were relegated.  It was the clear lack of ambition with the rumoured sales of our best players such as Croft and Clingan months ago that were the final straw following the dumping of Hucks. Like others, I will now go on an ad hoc basis if the team is performing to a reasonable level and likely to entertain me to a level that I expect from Norwich. Bringing back Hucks would be a good start !!!!!   

[quote user="Jack Flash"]But as a contra to this cancellation of STs, apparently over 400 new STs have been purchased since relegation. That''s the predicament people find themselves in - cancel your ticket and opt for casual tickets, but then find there are only cr@p seats available. Cutting nose off to spite face comes to mind.[/quote]

There is a theme there, cr*p seat, cr*p team and cr*p board.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

I''ve pad £366 for my ST. With the rebate (that I will be taking) the cost reduces to £293. That equates to under £13 per game.

So you''re suggesting that I should return my ST and become a member. Not only does being a member cost money (assume about £10), but the cost of match tickets I''m sure will be nearer £20 per match than £15. Taking £17.50, that would work out at over £400 for the season, without all the phone calls etc. to book the tickets.

Good luck to everyone who cancels, hope you enjoy forking out the extra £100+ over the next season.

[/quote]

But at least Wiz will be happy [H]

[/quote]

But at least Wiz will be happy [H]

[/quote]Matt, this is obviously the point where most people stutter on the decision making front. You''re absolutely right, it will cost you more money. I guess that is where the ''tough love'' bit comes in. If we all make the decision based purely on the financial aspect, then I''m afraid we are stuck with what we have. That is very much part of the board''s policy with regards to season tickets… catch them and keep them.If we all do nothing, what changes do you think will happen?

You want a decent football team - you wont get that with Smith in chargeYou wont get rid of Smith while 18,000 people are endorsing her by buying season ticketsIf your going to keep going however bad the team are - stop bloody moaning that we are crap.Forget shes a sad old woman and give her everything Chase got , she deserves it and more besides.

I am seriously thinking about cancelling. If I do so, it will be to send a message to the board that enough is enough - it will not be because I would rather watch us play Blackpool than Wycombe. It will probably end up with me paying more money to sit in a worse seat. I still want to go week-in, week-out to support the team that has been mine for 25 years.

But the Gunn appointment is just so wrong - it bespeaks a board who have run out of time, money and any kind of inspiration. They have to be replaced. I got the impression watching the press conference that they are desperate to get out, but maybe those who see that as spin are correct and they are holding on for dear life.

As a mere season-ticket holder, there is so little I can do. But I can send my season ticket back. And if I do, it will be with a heavy heart, but with the hope that in the end it will help the club.

The last thing we need now is for supporters to be divided. I don''t think those who cancel are fair-weather fans. I don''t think those who renewed are happy-clappy sheep. Everyone has to make their own decision and respect the decisions made by others.

OTBC forever.

Catch 22 tho - I would love to cancel but the reality is I want to go and watch. What I have done is written and asked for my rebate now and said it is down to the appointment of Gunn. Ultimately the one who would lose out most for the cancellation of my ticket is ME.

isn''t it wonderful how people are prepared to support Gunny in league 1?

Grow up people!

asking for a season ticket refund is counter productive... i seem to remember watching the Championship this season and a Southampton fan saying "its because the fans havent turned up this season we have been unable to compete financially and been hit with administration, those same fans are now complaining they might not have a club to support and its hurting them"

so.. season ticket or refund..... Take the Rebate offered by all means, but how much do people really want to hurt th club to force the board out?

I want Delia gone but we still need to actually have a club in place for a new buyer dont we?

jas :)

Okay, let me get this straight...I''ve pad £366 for my ST. With the rebate (that I will be taking) the cost reduces to £293. That equates to under £13 per game. So you''re suggesting that I should return my ST and become a member. Not only does being a member cost money (assume about £10), but the cost of match tickets I''m sure will be nearer £20 per match than £15. Taking £17.50, that would work out at over £400 for the season, without all the phone calls etc. to book the tickets. Good luck to everyone who cancels, hope you enjoy forking out the extra £100+ over the next season.

[/quote]

And what better incentive is there for the Board/team to perform well? People cancelling their season tickets and attending matches on a casual basis will surely only go to games if  the team is showing commitment and playing up to scratch. I''m certain nobody would mind paying the extra to see Norwich City FC actually playing football again.