Sign in to follow this  
Rastaman

WE WANT GUNN OUT! WE WANT GUNN OUT!

[quote user="John"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so.. lets have a laugh then.. who did every body want instead of gunn?

*waits for the first mention of Souness or Keegan*

jas :)

[/quote]

Gannon, and i think Boothroyd would of well been within our grasp.

.... I also secretly wanted Dublin as manager[:$]

[/quote]

Dublin.. riiight.. someone without a grain of managerial experience....

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="John"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or Gunn. Somebody with a grain of experience, during which he proved he cannot manage a football club.

I''d take Dublin thanks.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="John"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or Gunn. Somebody with a grain of experience, during which he proved he cannot manage a football club.

I''d take Dublin thanks.

[/quote]

and be in exactly the same situation.. oh ok then....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="John"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d take Dublin thanks.

[/quote]

and be in exactly the same situation.. oh ok then....

[/quote]

Somebody missed the point completely.

Gunn has been tested and proved to have failed at management. Therefore: appointing Gunn = clearly a poor choice.

Dublin has not been tested and therefore has not been proven a failure or a success. Therefore: appointing Dublin = a chance that it could be an awful choice, or a chance that it could be an inspired choice.

I am in no way saying we should appoint Dublin, because I definately do not think we should. I''m just backing up my point that he would still be a better appointment than Gunn, in the sense that, at least he may prove to be a good quality manager.

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Get over it guys, Gunn didn''t get us relegated.[/quote]

PHEW! Thank god for that, I had this horrible dream that we were relegated to League One and that Bryan Gunn was going to be re-appointed as manager.

[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Get out Gunn you are not wanted .
[/quote]

what puzzles me is if he was such a managerial prospect then how did Grant & Roder get appointed ahed of him in the recent past?

Gunn = a cheap, yes man option who has already nailed his colours to the mast. He wants ''consolidation''. No talk of swift returns to the Championship then.

The way things are going it''s 5 years to the Conference. Last man out switch off the lights please.

Sorry disagree with the appointment, am very depressed at where we are but a gunn out campaign won''t achieve anything other than another year of turmoil at the club. This is a sh*t league and a club with our crowds and season ticket revenue ought to be able to do ok in it even with a cr*p manager. Now he is appointed we have to get behind him - you never know we may get lucky and he''ll turn out to be a quick learner. However anything less than promotion and he should walk/go IMHO.

Any protests should be directed in other directions.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Get over it guys, Gunn didn''t get us relegated, he inherited the team from Roader, the signings he''s made since in the managers position have been good and I hope it will continue. Certainly all the statements he''s come out with, on how the club should be run, I''ve agreed with.[/quote] 

I agree his signings were good the only problem is he didn''t have a bloody clue on how to play them in their best position. Time after time he changed things around playing naturally left and right footed players on the opposite wings.  The biggest joke was when he decided to split our best central defensive partnership of Doherty and Shackell for the biggest game of the season against Charlton, and we all saw what happened after 30 minutes. 

His inablity to make changes when they were needed was abundantly clear in most games, especially in the Soton home game when we were coasting along 2-0 at half time, and we ended up lucky to get a draw.  He had 19 games to keep us up, and that should have been enough irrespective of injuries.  The bottom line is that he didn''t learn from his mistakes, but merely repeated them in the next game.  The sad thing for me is that we are not going to keep players like Clingan, Croft and Hoolahan who would give you that bit of class needed to get out of league 1.  Instead we will probably still have players like Russell and Cureton who are Norwich through and through, but sadly are not good enough on the pitch.

Gunn can certainly come out with all the right statements, and talk the talk, but it is what happens on the pitch that counts, and that is where he failed miserably.

[quote user="silver fox"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Get over it guys, Gunn didn''t get us relegated, he inherited the team from Roader, the signings he''s made since in the managers position have been good and I hope it will continue. Certainly all the statements he''s come out with, on how the club should be run, I''ve agreed with.[/quote] 

I agree his signings were good the only problem is he didn''t have a bloody clue on how to play them in their best position. Time after time he changed things around playing naturally left and right footed players on the opposite wings.  The biggest joke was when he decided to split our best central defensive partnership of Doherty and Shackell for the biggest game of the season against Charlton, and we all saw what happened after 30 minutes. 

His inablity to make changes when they were needed was abundantly clear in most games, especially in the Soton home game when we were coasting along 2-0 at half time, and we ended up lucky to get a draw.  He had 19 games to keep us up, and that should have been enough irrespective of injuries.  The bottom line is that he didn''t learn from his mistakes, but merely repeated them in the next game.  The sad thing for me is that we are not going to keep players like Clingan, Croft and Hoolahan who would give you that bit of class needed to get out of league 1.  Instead we will probably still have players like Russell and Cureton who are Norwich through and through, but sadly are not good enough on the pitch.

Gunn can certainly come out with all the right statements, and talk the talk, but it is what happens on the pitch that counts, and that is where he failed miserably.

[/quote]

You have hit the nail on the head, bu the highlighted bit isnt his fault, bertrand got beaten up in the city for hitting on a girl......so he sat out with pattison, although he could have filled left back with someone else!but yu have hit the nail, the thing is its done now and we have to support, we have no other choice!!! as for the board.......bin the lot of them, there areraping this club!

This is a total disaster. Gunn has had half a season to show what he is about and during that time he had an even worse points per game record than Roeder did this season.

His tactics, team sellection and substitutions were questionable at best and worst of all he could not motivate the players. When the heat was on at the end of the season we lost 5 of the last 6 games - an absolutely shocking reaction to our predicament. Every other club down in the mire showed bottle and determination to get out of the mess. What on earth have Delia and MWJ seen in this record to possibly justify giving the crucial re-building job to Gunn?

I can''t make up my mind if I am miserably apathetic or livid but whichever way, this is simply unaceptable. 

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

This is a total disaster. Gunn has had half a season to show what he is about and during that time he had an even worse points per game record than Roeder did this season.

His tactics, team sellection and substitutions were questionable at best and worst of all he could not motivate the players. When the heat was on at the end of the season we lost 5 of the last 6 games - an absolutely shocking reaction to our predicament. Every other club down in the mire showed bottle and determination to get out of the mess. What on earth have Delia and MWJ seen in this record to possibly justify giving the crucial re-building job to Gunn?

I can''t make up my mind if I am miserably apathetic or livid but whichever way, this is simply unaceptable. 

[/quote]

Your right. it s a proper head spin, its not a good postition to be in and it truely is worrying times!!! but Gunn we have to get behind him, we havent got a choice, as a norwich fan i want the team to do well, not the flipping board, bin the lot of them!

I''m sure he is the only manager in the world who would have played Shackell at Left Back!!! I think he played him there so he can show off his overlaps and crossing ability!! He will sign him up and play him in goal next season

There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.

The appointment of Gunn as our new manager is an absolute disgrace!!!

it stinks of cheap wages and an easy target if it goes wrong! surely

with the amount of fans against his appointment they could''ve

interviewed others and looked round for some experience??? What did he

do last season to show any reason why he should be manager this

season??? He chucked Pattison, Cureton and Fotheringham out of the team

and played a bunch of passionless pointless loanee''s out of position

with no structure, made the wrong substitutions if any, and kept

changing the team week in week out!!! Now we''re relying on players like

Pattison and Cureton for next season but how will they now playafter

the way they''ve been disregarded for the * we bought in??? A fresh

start was needed including the manager and coaches, passion doesn''t win

you football games otherwise we''d all be managers!!! We''ve got a squad

stripped down to it''s bear bones with no money to spend, but yeah at

least we have a lot of youth players we just need the right man to get

them going and i really don''t think Gunn is, he''s had his chance and

blew it big time. Angry [:@]Angry [:@]Angry [:@]

The vitriol towards Gunn is a disgrace guys. Gunn''s appointment has me fuming, but I wont be nasty about it....When you lot do, you take any credit away from what you are saying.Fact is now, Gunn is boss, lets see what he does next season, but I''m not expecting a quick return to the championship - the spineless tw@ts in charge are to blame....FFS, now I''m even more angry.

[quote user="Rastaman"]I''m sure he is the only manager in the world who would have played Shackell at Left Back!!![/quote]

Except for Roeder and Worthington.

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:

If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?

Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.
[/quote]

Spot on. This a time for clear heads in order to put together a supporter''s response that can''t simply be dismissed as the work of an angry mob. The club needs to be restructured from the top down, but to have a part in that we have to come up with something constructive tonight. Given the club''s disarray this could be the best chance for fans to make things happen, but we won''t do it by lighting the torches and getting out the pitchforks. That simply plays into the hands of the media and the board.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.[/quote]

Spot on. This a time for clear heads in order to put together a supporter''s response that can''t simply be dismissed as the work of an angry mob. The club needs to be restructured from the top down, but to have a part in that we have to come up with something constructive tonight. Given the club''s disarray this could be the best chance for fans to make things happen, but we won''t do it by lighting the torches and getting out the pitchforks. That simply plays into the hands of the media and the board.

[/quote]I think the most important think is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.[/quote]

[/quote]I think the most important THING* is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.[/quote]Damn typos.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:

If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?

Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think the most important THING* is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.
[/quote]
Damn typos.
[/quote]

Totally agree. The problem is that everyone''s at fever pitch so anything and anyone is a legitimate target. At the end of the day, I don''t think Gunn should have got the job, but the fact is that he didn''t appoint himself. Those blaming him for wanting the chance to put things right neither understand human nature, nor give credit where it''s due. He''s City through and through.

I agree with your point about the board,but I also feel that we should be pushing for some sort of supporter input or liason with the board. The whole "keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit " approach has backfired badly.

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:I think the most important think is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.[/quote]Thing is, it''s now clear to me that whoever comes in at board level will have limited say. "Hi welcome to the club, oh by the way we''ve already appointed the backroom staff for next season, and here''s the budget... and this is how we''re going to save money... your job is to... say the right things at the right time". New Board members my arse... 2 new nodding dog heads more like.