Sign in to follow this  
UEAstudent

Ambition

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]The Board tried to avoid relegation from the Premiership on the cheap by not buying a Pemiership striker and relying on average Championship ones, is that ambition?[/quote]

The Board don''t sign players and Dean Ashton was more than just an average Championship striker.

but its a shame the expensive loan players could not get in thier own team ,

the is a reason why that is the case with some of them ,our fate has proven that .

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The fact that we spent £8.5 million on players wages last season when we could only afford half that is apparently not a sign of ambition, not sure why.[/quote]Well... it certainly isn''t a sign of prudence.  Well done, CEO.

is that when we bought him from crew ?  a champioonship team ,

a outstanding player that norwich took a gamble on , and paid off , not a player portsmouth have signed and never seen play and then sent on loan to us , (kourmo) sorry if i spelt that wrong .

norwich needed at least one striker a proven striker at championship level who could score 15-20 goals a season .

norwich took a gamble on lupoli , and roeder decided he wasnt tough or big enough for the championship , surely this should have noticed  before the player signed  for a season , but stating earlier he needed a "big man up front " .

didnt he check his weight and height , did he even speak to the player before he signed , ?

simple problems have been spoted by most people, apart from management and the big wigs of the helm .

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]The Board tried to avoid relegation from the Premiership on the cheap by not buying a Pemiership striker and relying on average Championship ones, is that ambition?[/quote]

The Board don''t sign players and Dean Ashton was more than just an average Championship striker.

[/quote]

They didn''t sign Ashton untill January, by which it was too late, they had the option to sign Crouch at the start of the season for 2m but choose not to, I have been over this before with you but clearly your up far too much up Delia''s backside to take notice.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

They didn''t sign Ashton untill January, by which it was too late, they had the option to sign Crouch at the start of the season for 2m but choose not to, I have been over this before with you but clearly your up far too much up Delia''s backside to take notice.

[/quote]

Norwich did NOT have the option to sign Crouch. Crouch himself chose to join Southampton rather than Norwich because Southampton were an established Prem club.

How can anyone question the claim of no ambition when the evidence smacks you right in the face,

we were, at one time playing football in Europe, along came Delia and we are now more likley to be playing Telford than we are Man u in 2 seasons from now.

We had Debts but in the Premier league, along comes Delia She turns the clock back 50 yrs puts us back in the 3rd division and more debt,

Is that what he calls Ambition? as said before I think he should stick to those who play football wearing TESCO bags

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich did NOT have the option to sign Crouch. Crouch himself chose to join Southampton rather than Norwich because Southampton were an established Prem club.

[/quote]

I''m not going to go over why that is not correct, I have already done so in another thread, but Delia''s little warrior wont take no for an answer.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not going to go over why that is not correct, I have already done so in another thread, but Delia''s little warrior wont take no for an answer.

[/quote]

You can''t force players to join the club when they don''t want too.

As for "Delia''s little warrior" you surely can''t mean me because I have been critical about appointing Gunn as manager and have pointed out that they have very little experience of L1.

Crouch would have signed for Norwich but we came out with the old cannot afford it garbage , and thats when we had just been promoted to the promised land .Never mind wont be much longer now and Delia will be forced out .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Crouch would have signed for Norwich but we came out with the old cannot afford it garbage , and thats when we had just been promoted to the promised land .Never mind wont be much longer now and Delia will be forced out .
[/quote]

Exactly, Crouch actually made a clear come and get me plea to Norwich when he returned to Villa, Norwich then went onto make a bid for Crouch but it fell short of the 2m Ashton Villa wanted for him. Southampton latter went onto sign him.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Crouch would have signed for Norwich but we came out with the old cannot afford it garbage , and thats when we had just been promoted to the promised land .Never mind wont be much longer now and Delia will be forced out .
[/quote]

Exactly, Crouch actually made a clear come and get me plea to Norwich when he returned to Villa, Norwich then went onto make a bid for Crouch but it fell short of the 2m Ashton Villa wanted for him. Southampton latter went onto sign him.

[/quote]

Norwich & Southampton both agreed a fee with Villa but Crouch preferred to go to Southampton because they were established in the Prem.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Crouch would have signed for Norwich but we came out with the old cannot afford it garbage , and thats when we had just been promoted to the promised land .Never mind wont be much longer now and Delia will be forced out .[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich & Southampton both agreed a fee with Villa but Crouch preferred to go to Southampton because they were established in the Prem.

[/quote]Rubbish Norwich never agreed any fee for Crouch , you are making it up as you go along.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Rubbish Norwich never agreed any fee for Crouch , you are making it up as you go along.[/quote]

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/crouch.htm

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Crouch would have signed for Norwich but we came out with the old cannot afford it garbage , and thats when we had just been promoted to the promised land .Never mind wont be much longer now and Delia will be forced out .[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Rubbish Norwich never agreed any fee for Crouch , you are making it up as you go along.[/quote]

[/quote] No official confirmation of any fee being agreed , and do you really think we were going to sign a £2 million  striker for £400,000 , thats the sort of laughable bid you would expect from the idiots running this club , it was never going to be accepted in a million years.

The only time they ever showed ambition was when they brought in Huckerby (And it wasn''t them who totally funded it either!). Upon promotion they promptly abandoned this ''ambition'' adding the handy qualificatio ''with prudence''. This meant of course signing has beens like helveg and never weres like charlton, plus young inexperienced loans ie. Bentley who was a t****r and got injured anyway. They were forced into shelling out for Ashton in January to try to avert certain relegation and as ever boost season ticket sales. But where the f*** was the ambition in the summer before our premier campaign. They should have built on the platform of Hucks, Malky and the solid defence. But no, the cheapskate option, always unless panicked into action.

Fast forward to the championship and it''s been second class and second rate all the way. Earnshaw bought with the small change from Ashton was the only signing of note. But worst of all were the cheap managerial appointments: Grant cost peanuts as did Roeder. No comp to another club. But only a b****y fool would''ve appointed either of them. You get what you pay for. But the consistent theme with managerial appointments are ones who you can cosy up to and will agree to work within the miserly budget they are given without threatening to walk out (like O''Neill). Hence we will never appoint a Keane, Ince etc or anyone worth their salt.

Now it is third class and third rate appointments Good old Gunny trying his damndest despite having no hair and no idea. The cheapest of cheap options. Now we have to go cap in hand to Norfolk businessmen (notorious for being mean and miserly) in the middle of a financial crisis to have any hope of a player budget at all for division 3 level.

I would hate to see where we would be now if they hadn''t shown such ambition.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is utter nonesense, Villa never accepted a poor £400,000 offer for Crouch, it was rejected by Villa and rightly so, hence why Saints signed him for 2m a week or two latter. Norwich City could have easily signed Crouch if they wanted to but the Board didn''t value him and believed that we would be just fine with the likes of Mckenzie and Svensson in the stirker department. Didn''t we then go something like 14 games or something without a win? It wasn''t untill the Board realised that we actually needed to sign a half decent striker in Ashton in Jaunary when we started to pick things up.

FFS, can i just state that when the "£8.5m" figure first came out of Doncasters mouth it was refering to the OVERALL PLAYING BUDGET, not player wages. 

Our player wage bill for the previous year was £6.8m and that was having sold £5.5m worth of players.  Does anyone honestly think player wages on our bunch of never-were`s are £1.7m higher than the year before?  I can absolutely GUARANTEE that next years accounts will show a player wage bill nowhere near £8.5m and could well be less than the previous year (when we had Hucks and Dublin).  You have been spun, please don`t be so gullible.  Our player wage bill as a percentage of turnover is incredibly low by footballing standards.