Sign in to follow this  
Papa Boupa knee op

Boycot (Re Meeting)

Hi

I haven''t posted here for a while but after attending last nights meeting and itching in my seat with many opinions i decided i would post on here to see what my thoughts were greated with.

Boycot:

I know how alot of people stand on this subject, if we chose to boycot a league game we would have 2-3000 fans missing but many people would not want to miss the game they paid good money for. Well this is fair enough so my sugestion is... We boycot all non league games for example, first round of the FA Cup, League Cup, St Johnstons Cup (persuming we are at home) this would be a game that extra income would be received by the club through ticket sales. Having a game played that would be utterly awful in the first place with no fans would send a pretty clear message!

If this is at all favoured we would need a way of stopping or getting the message around to fans, this is less than easy. Any ideas?

My other opinion i had is once again a small idea, i feel alot of people are forgetting what Delia actually is known for.. She is a cook/chef/kitchen porter, the press and old ladies love her old cooking programmes and everything about her. HOW can we make her look bad, she would hate for her reputation to go down in the public eye (obviously in Norfolk and Suffolk people dislike her ways for different reasons) This surely could be achieved?

Some very good points from last nights meetings, hopefully we can build and get this team back to where it belongs!

OTBC

[quote user="wrightycool"]

My other opinion i had is once again a small idea, i feel alot of people are forgetting what Delia actually is known for.. She is a cook/chef/kitchen porter, the press and old ladies love her old cooking programmes and everything about her. HOW can we make her look bad, she would hate for her reputation to go down in the public eye (obviously in Norfolk and Suffolk people dislike her ways for different reasons) This surely could be achieved?

[/quote]

Looking forward to your appearance in Court are you?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She can take thousands of fans to court?

[quote user="wrightycool"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She can take thousands of fans to court?

[/quote]

So, what exactly are your suggestions for tarring her reputation then? Got any dirt on her?

Boycotting could work.Those who don''t have season tickets (for whatever reason, i know there''s lots of arguing about ''fair weather fans'' etc at the moment relating to season tickets) could all agree a set match to boycott. Assuming there''s 18000 ST holders there (who''ve already paid) and 1000 away fans, that till leaves 5000 empty seats.

Biggest problem would be organising such a thing.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I thought boycotting the food on match days was not a bad idea[/quote]

Yeah i thought that was a pretty good idea, once again it is HOW as so many people dont read these message boards or listen to what anyone has to say.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

Boycotting could work.Those who don''t have season tickets (for whatever reason, i know there''s lots of arguing about ''fair weather fans'' etc at the moment relating to season tickets) could all agree a set match to boycott. Assuming there''s 18000 ST holders there (who''ve already paid) and 1000 away fans, that till leaves 5000 empty seats.

Biggest problem would be organising such a thing.

[/quote]True. Although personally, as i don''t have a season ticket and haven''t for five years now, i still wouldn''t boycott a match for the sake of making a stand.What stand does 5000 fans not going? Firstly, we''ll probably average 23,000 more often this coming season, so it''ll be more like losing 3,000 fans. All it means is even less money for transfers and wages, joy.

Boycotting matches has been discussed lots of times, I want to hear wrightycool''s plans for tarring Delia''s reputation.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Boycotting matches has been discussed lots of times, I want to hear wrightycool''s plans for tarring Delia''s reputation.[/quote]It shouldn''t be too difficult when you start digging around the departure of Big Fat Bob…Delia certainly knows how to influence people to get what she wants Furious Moustache… just ask the people at Barclays!I think if that were laid bare then one or two people might see her in a different light.

The first thing the club would do if the fans decided to boycott a particular game would be to announce a special ticket offer. 

Crazy to be talking about boycotts now. I''ll quite happily boycott the friendlies because I always do. Am a bit tempted to go to Dartford mind! By the time the real football starts fans will be full of optimism again. Only if the defeats start coming will you get any boycotts. It''s because we want to go to football and support the team more than we want change. It maybe counter productive but that''s the way it is.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]What reputation ? shes mainly known as an over the hill ex tv celeb who drinks far to much .[/quote]You reckon?  Don''t get me wrong, I''m not defending her, but you''ll find her in the papers during the course of the week, every week.  This week, Monday,  she was on the front page of the Guardian.I hate talking cliches, but she is beyond celebrity, she is a National Institution.