Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

What did the Meeting Achieve ?????

After attending last nights meeting can anyone enlighten me on what was actually achieved.... Because personally after reading some of the posts I cannot believe some off the comments. I could have forecast that there would be a vote of no confidence in the board and the Management. The questions were all irrelavent to the cause apart from the Rebate/Trust debate very good idea, but would this get the supporters a say at the board meetings. ( I doubt it as Smith has majority shares and what she says goes ). We need action that the Media will take notice off and publish on the front off their papers. This club has no Ambition anymore and whilst we keep turning up and meetings and stating the obvious NOTHING will change. Actions speaks louder than words.If N C I S A want people to go round and recruit count me in. 

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

After attending last nights meeting can anyone enlighten me on what was actually achieved.... Because personally after reading some of the posts I cannot believe some off the comments. I could have forecast that there would be a vote of no confidence in the board and the Management. The questions were all irrelavent to the cause apart from the Rebate/Trust debate very good idea, but would this get the supporters a say at the board meetings. ( I doubt it as Smith has majority shares and what she says goes ). We need action that the Media will take notice off and publish on the front off their papers. This club has no Ambition anymore and whilst we keep turning up and meetings and stating the obvious NOTHING will change. Actions speaks louder than words.If N C I S A want people to go round and recruit count me in. 

[/quote]

It achieved a bit more than your post which could have been added to the Tonight''s meeting - Well done NCISA thread [:)]

The meeting did not achieve anything and never was. fair enough it gave some fans the chance to let off a bit of steam. The club is run by 2 people and they by and large do what they want. Nothing will change unless we either go bust in which case they will lose their cash or new buyers come in. The latter is most unlikeley in the present climate. So i guess it is going on the way we have been , but possibly due a bit of good fortune

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

I''m not quite sure what you expected.Did you think it would end with us marching down to Carra with flaming torches and pitchforks? Whilst it had its flaws, last night gave a clear response from a significant cross section of supporters (most of whom were season ticket holders) which was recorded by the press and will, hopefully take a prominent position in the EDP. The fact that points were made rationally without too much "burn the witch " invective is actually positive, because we don''t want this to be easily written off by the press and the board as the work of a mob. The ball is now in NCISA''s court to take the mandate from last night and work with it to design and co-ordinate a plan of action. Like you, I will urge anyone reading this who is not an NCISA member to join immediately (it''s £5 for three years for heaven''s sake), because the more numbers we have the better.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

I''m not quite sure what you expected.Did you think it would end with us marching down to Carra with flaming torches and pitchforks? Whilst it had its flaws, last night gave a clear response from a significant cross section of supporters (most of whom were season ticket holders) which was recorded by the press and will, hopefully take a prominent position in the EDP. The fact that points were made rationally without too much "burn the witch " invective is actually positive, because we don''t want this to be easily written off by the press and the board as the work of a mob. The ball is now in NCISA''s court to take the mandate from last night and work with it to design and co-ordinate a plan of action. Like you, I will urge anyone reading this who is not an NCISA member to join immediately (it''s £5 for three years for heaven''s sake), because the more numbers we have the better.

[/quote]

Beausent i would agree, i felt from the meeting it''s really in the hands of NCISA, the more support and members they have the bigger the voice will be......... I think not a lot will happen close season, but once we kick off next season i think the  action will step up, if we Win our first few games i think support for the board and it''s regime will continue. It will be touch few months ahead, but standing together we can make this happen!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

It''s vital that NCISA (and hopefully the Trust) take the lead, because that gives any action legitimacy in the eyes of the media.As I said, any "wildcat" action will just be dismissed in the same way that the protest after the Charlton FA Cup match was.

[/quote]

Beausent i would agree, i felt from the meeting it''s really in the hands of NCISA, the more support and members they have the bigger the voice will be......... I think not a lot will happen close season, but once we kick off next season i think the  action will step up, if we Win our first few games i think support for the board and it''s regime will continue. It will be touch few months ahead, but standing together we can make this happen!

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]I will urge anyone reading this who is not an NCISA member to join immediately (it''s £5 for three years for heaven''s sake), because the more numbers we have the better.

[/quote]

We got Chase out without a NCISA membership![:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

It''s vital that NCISA (and hopefully the Trust) take the lead, because that gives any action legitimacy in the eyes of the media.As I said, any "wildcat" action will just be dismissed in the same way that the protest after the Charlton FA Cup match was.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Hope is all we have!

NICSA and protest''s......although times have changed, i guess we have to watch this space!

Whilst I''m very doubtful if it will have achieved much (Smith won''t ever listen!) I do acknowledge and applaud the hard work it took to get the meeting organised....well done.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The meeting did not achieve anything and never was. fair enough it gave some fans the chance to let off a bit of steam. The club is run by 2 people and they by and large do what they want. Nothing will change unless we either go bust in which case they will lose their cash or new buyers come in. The latter is most unlikeley in the present climate. So i guess it is going on the way we have been , but possibly due a bit of good fortune[/quote]The most sensible post I''ve read in a long time

id like to say a big congrats for the hardwork and turnout for the meeting i heard it went very well the only point id like ot know is where do we go from here, how many people actually turned out for the meeting and how many members does NCISA have and do they represent the views of the majority of fans or the minority, i would love to become a member and am considering the membership and benefits but am concerned that no matter what or how many people join any action could be a detrimental effect on the club, after all what happens if a buyer cant be found yet delia and her lackies get so fed up they just close the club and then sell the ground and its land assetts to make the money back,

For me it acknowledged a few facts that I thought were correct but following on from Radio Norfolks interview with Gunn left me unsure. Gunn said that he had only had positive feedback whilst waiting to be appointed, one of the presenters said the views were fifty fifty as to whether Gunn should be appointed manager.

These facts didnt sit comfortably with other supporters I had spoken to so last nights meeting proved that with between four to five hundred people there seven approved of Gunns appointment well I''m not the best at maths but hardly fifty fifty. I liked the fact that the rebate was discussed and alternative options suggested.

Most of all I think it demonstrated the feeling of desperation felt by many supporters at our demise over the last five years. 

Not a lot if I''m honest; although hopefully it should have delivered the message to Smith and Jones that their popularity is at an all time low at the moment.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]id like to say a big congrats for the hardwork and turnout for the meeting i heard it went very well the only point id like ot know is where do we go from here, how many people actually turned out for the meeting and how many members does NCISA have and do they represent the views of the majority of fans or the minority, i would love to become a member and am considering the membership and benefits but am concerned that no matter what or how many people join any action could be a detrimental effect on the club, after all what happens if a buyer cant be found yet delia and her lackies get so fed up they just close the club and then sell the ground and its land assetts to make the money back,[/quote]

They can''t do that... they have to either find a buyer or wait until the club goes in to administration.

Wil be plenty of buyers there when the club eventually goes for nothing.

[quote user="Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc Hons"]Precisely - the meeting achieved [drum roll for dramatic effect]... nothing, nada, zip. Will be forgotten about by next week. When we''ve won the first ten games on the spin the season ticket martyrs might wonder if they''ve done the right thing.[/quote]

Won the first 10 games of the season?

What a delusional little prick you are... [:$]

[quote] user="Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc (Hons)"]Precisely - the meeting achieved [drum roll for dramatic effect]... nothing, nada, zip. Will be forgotten about by next week. When we''ve won the first ten games on the spin the season ticket martyrs might wonder if they''ve done the right thing.[/quote]

Bring it on - i''m getting excited about next season already

Beaker = Henry VIII = BumpkinThats all you need to know.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc Hons"]Precisely - the meeting achieved [drum roll for dramatic effect]... nothing, nada, zip. Will be forgotten about by next week. When we''ve won the first ten games on the spin the season ticket martyrs might wonder if they''ve done the right thing.[/quote]

Won the first 10 games of the season?

What a delusional little prick you are... [:$]

[/quote]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The meeting did not achieve anything and never was. fair enough it gave some fans the chance to let off a bit of steam. The club is run by 2 people and they by and large do what they want. Nothing will change unless we either go bust in which case they will lose their cash or new buyers come in. The latter is most unlikeley in the present climate. So i guess it is going on the way we have been , but possibly due a bit of good fortune[/quote]

Congratulations to NCISA. Like it or not they are the only significant organised voice and platform for the supporters and as such are ''influential'' everything else is just pissing in the wind. The formal vote of no confidence was an important message to the board and got good cover in the press. I feel sure the board take this kind of organised orderly protest seriously. Besides which, what action do their detractors have in mind? So well done to all concerned.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The meeting did not achieve anything and never was. fair enough it gave some fans the chance to let off a bit of steam. The club is run by 2 people and they by and large do what they want. Nothing will change unless we either go bust in which case they will lose their cash or new buyers come in. The latter is most unlikeley in the present climate. So i guess it is going on the way we have been , but possibly due a bit of good fortune[/quote]

Congratulations to NCISA. Like it or not they are the only significant organised voice and platform for the supporters and as such are ''influential'' everything else is just pissing in the wind. The formal vote of no confidence was an important message to the board and got good cover in the press. I feel sure the board take this kind of organised orderly protest seriously. Besides which, what action do their detractors have in mind? So well done to all concerned.

[/quote]

Rubbish  they are far too few in numbers to be called significant.

18000 season ticket holders - that significant

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="book end"]

[/quote]

Rubbish  they are far too few in numbers to be called significant.

18000 season ticket holders - that significant

[/quote]

So what have these 18000 season ticket holders achieved????? Where is their organisation? Nada, zilch, zero, ingenting.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]id like to say a big congrats for the hardwork and turnout for the meeting i heard it went very well the only point id like ot know is where do we go from here, how many people actually turned out for the meeting and how many members does NCISA have and do they represent the views of the majority of fans or the minority, i would love to become a member and am considering the membership and benefits but am concerned that no matter what or how many people join any action could be a detrimental effect on the club, after all what happens if a buyer cant be found yet delia and her lackies get so fed up they just close the club and then sell the ground and its land assetts to make the money back,[/quote]

They can''t do that... they have to either find a buyer or wait until the club goes in to administration.

[/quote]

but whats to stop them from putting the club into administration, they have loans and as creditors theyd be entitled to money from the administration rulings but also administration would ultimately kill the club anyway

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote] but whats to stop them from putting the club into administration, they have loans and as creditors theyd be entitled to money from the administration rulings but also administration would ultimately kill the club anyway[/quote]

I''m beginning to think administration is the best way out for this club. Let''s face it we''re doing nothing next year with the swinging cost cutting and will likely be saddled with huge debts going into the following season as well which will mean administration anyway. No one will buy the club with the huge debts, they are waiting to feed off the scraps. We shouldn''t waste more time, what''s the difference going into admin this year or next, it will happen sooner or later so best get it over with. Take our 10 points reduction next year and try to stay in the division, you never know we may get new owners and a run to the play offs. The alternative is a season of mediocrity at best while watching the debts pile up.

Now that''s a good idea. Pay off the debt and build a new ground just off the Southern Ring Road to hold 12,000. Double the season ticket prices and reduce your costs by 50%.

Well the Board did say they wanted fresh ideas!