Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - Wigan (h) 1998

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]

This was so easy given the 11 pieces of help at the bottom. 3 years apart with the exact same team that would never happen nowadays.

[/quote]

I don''t think your cache has refreshed or firewall has updated....

I got ten of them, and gave up on the centre back with six letters, and resorted to Soccerbase to help me. He wasn’t one of our more memorable signings.

There were some interesting names in the Wigan team that day, Roy Carroll, Roberto Martinez, and Carl Bradshaw.

Took me a while to get the LB!  I always remembered him being a midfielder... :-)  Likewise with the RM but in reverse!

[quote user="Gibbo"]Took me a while to get the LB!  I always remembered him being a midfielder... :-)  Likewise with the RM but in reverse![/quote]Took me a while to spell the LB!!

Think last player to leave (I think) from the original prem days... and not very good!  Out of position again like the LB.

That is if it''s the RM you''re on about? :-) RB is very easy, can''t really think of a good clue without giving it away though!

:-) Nice one.  He who thought he was too good for city, but whose career soundly ground to a halt after leaving!