Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Associate Directors

The slight shifting of postion by the Associte Directors, Bertram, Bowkett etc, would have nothing to do with the value of their shares SHOULD the financial pressure applied by fans force administration would it?

I had the same thoughts about the trust. A lot of people could see their "investment" in the club valueless very quickly.

[quote user="The Butler"]

The slight shifting of postion by the Associte Directors, Bertram, Bowkett etc, would have nothing to do with the value of their shares SHOULD the financial pressure applied by fans force administration would it?

I had the same thoughts about the trust. A lot of people could see their "investment" in the club valueless very quickly.

[/quote]The people who have put the money into shares don''t actually see them as an investment though, do they ?  They aren''t expecting anything back in the conventional sense.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

The people who have put the money into shares don''t actually see them as an investment though, do they ?  They aren''t expecting anything back in the conventional sense.
[/quote]

Probably not Bla but,correct me if I''m wrong (I know you will) they would lose their shares totally wouldn''t they?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]The people who have put the money into shares don''t actually see them as an investment though, do they ?  They aren''t expecting anything back in the conventional sense.[/quote]

Probably not Bla but,correct me if I''m wrong (I know you will) they would lose their shares totally wouldn''t they?

[/quote]To be honest Butler, I don''t know.  I would imagine so though.  I guess there is a question of "standing" to be considered, whatever that means these days [:)]  Carrow Road seems to be one of the last bastions of the class system.  You''ve got your upper class in the City Stand, your rabble in the Barclay / Snakepit, and everyone else looking a bit confused in the River End and Jarrold Stand.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

The people who have put the money into shares don''t actually see them as an investment though, do they ?  They aren''t expecting anything back in the conventional sense.
[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest Butler, I don''t know.  I would imagine so though.  I guess there is a question of "standing" to be considered, whatever that means these days [:)]  Carrow Road seems to be one of the last bastions of the class system.  You''ve got your upper class in the City Stand, your rabble in the Barclay / Snakepit, and everyone else looking a bit confused in the River End and Jarrold Stand.
[/quote] And there was me thinking they were dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Have the Associate Directors shifted their stance, though? Archant reported today that they''ve called for unity, and are fully behind the "fresh start" (arf!) offered by, er, more of the same. I was spitting feathers while reading it!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]The people who have put the money into shares don''t actually see them as an investment though, do they ?  They aren''t expecting anything back in the conventional sense.[/quote]They don''t see them as a direct financial investment, but I am sure there is lots of networking ifrom being involved which brings other money in. However, I still would think they wouldn''t be keen on losing all of their money!

Take Carl Moore,  he must have chucked £1000s City''s way, and won''t see a penny back.  I really don''t think there''s many people knocking around prepared to get involved in that kind of investment.

[/quote]

I just posted something similar Butler. It crossed my mind too. But I have said before that the board do have a responsibility to these people, it''s not just about Smith&Jones shares.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Have the Associate Directors shifted their stance, though? Archant reported today that they''ve called for unity, and are fully behind the "fresh start" (arf!) offered by, er, more of the same. I was spitting feathers while reading it!

[/quote]

That''s the change.

A stiffly worded "change must take place directors removed"etc.

To a support Gunn and Auntie Miss Cobbly and all.

Think a small piece of realism hit!

It''s one thing to say I don''t care about my money going, it''s another thing to hold a farewell party for it!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It would be interesting to hear what these guys think their shares are worth.

[/quote]

Now is that after the use of a rubber hose or before[:D]

If I have something to sell I''m the last person to give a "true" valuation.

In the end anything is only worth (not worthy honest nutty[;)]) what someone will pay for it.

Therein is the problem.

Having read the open letter to the press it''s main thrust was the removal of Munby and Doncaster.Now that these two have fallen on their swords this latest stance if reported correctly smacks of "job done ,we have achieved our aim now lets all support the new management and board".The big problem is that there are still major problems and we are expected to endorse what now comes our way.

What strikes me strange about the whole resignation business is that when Chairmen,Chief Executives etc stand down notice is usually given so that new appointments slide gently into their positions.Not so at Norwich City so may i ask who at the moment deals with agents and managers to sort out contracts if our new manager wishes to buy and sell in the transfer market.It is of great concern to me but obviously not Mr Bertram and his fellow associates.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

In the end anything is only worth (not worthy honest nutty[;)]) what someone will pay for it.

Therein is the problem.

[/quote]

I have always said that the shares are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. That has been my line for as long as I''ve posted on this board. Back in the mid-eighties I was told that someone would be prepared to pay £18 each for my shares. I think the rules have changed since 2002 though.

I find this whole issue quite strange unless I''m missing something. It seems to me that whilst we could be better off with replacements for Munby and Doncaster we are worse off with nobody there at all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Therein is the problem.

[/quote]

I have always said that the shares are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. That has been my line for as long as I''ve posted on this board. Back in the mid-eighties I was told that someone would be prepared to pay £18 each for my shares. I think the rules have changed since 2002 though.

I find this whole issue quite strange unless I''m missing something. It seems to me that whilst we could be better off with replacements for Munby and Doncaster we are worse off with nobody there at all.

[/quote]

Seems strange to me that you are without a Chief Executive at a time when the Manager is apparently trying to sign players or renew contracts of existing players.  Makes you wonder who will be responsible for seeing through all the paperwork.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

What strikes me strange about the whole resignation business is that when Chairmen,Chief Executives etc stand down notice is usually given so that new appointments slide gently into their positions.Not so at Norwich City so may i ask who at the moment deals with agents and managers to sort out contracts if our new manager wishes to buy and sell in the transfer market.

[/quote]

Good question.

Not that Munby has really stood down, if he''s still on the board.  Is Doomcaster still on the board I wonder?  According to the club''s constitution the board must have a minimum of five members, even if they only need four to make a quorum.

I think we should be told.  Get on to it Archant . . .

They do not expect a return on there shares. The money they invested mainly covers things like a ST for life, meetings with the board etc.....

Also in regard to the change of tone from the AD''s....in the meeting the other night, the chef expressed her desire to get possibly 2 AD''s on the board!

This istantly toned down any conflict that wouldhave arisen! A great pr stunt!

The majority of ADs don''t srike me as "proper" city fans. There investment and the want of a "cosy" time with the chef comes first and football comes second! It''s typical of this club!

The heart has been completely ripped out!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I just posted something similar Butler. It crossed my mind too. But I have said before that the board do have a responsibility to these people, it''s not just about Smith&Jones shares.

[/quote]

Banks and big business, large companies etc....all had and have a responsibility to people who have invested, etc....It now seems that that responsibility wasn''t at the fore of those in control......thoughts....

If everything went (or did) go ''Pete Tong''......Those who were/are responsible "whether due to ineptitude or unfortunate circumstances etc - didn''t walk away without some financial reward for irresponsibility or abject failure"....Where as those who had placed faith in those controlling their cash....are left with? [:|]      

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Banks and big business, large companies etc....all had and have a responsibility to people who have invested, etc....It now seems that that responsibility wasn''t at the fore of those in control......thoughts....

If everything went (or did) go ''Pete Tong''......Those who were/are responsible "whether due to ineptitude or unfortunate circumstances etc - didn''t walk away without some financial reward for irresponsibility or abject failure"....Where as those who had placed faith in those controlling their cash....are left with? [:|]      

Excuse me there Blah, but I wish to register my disgust. I am a Barclay lady and now far too old to be considered as mere rabble; very experienced rabble, if you don''t mind!

I have no wish to move (to fit in with your class system) to the South Stand or River End as I would fall asleep/wish the life support was turned off. As it indeed would be. Thanks in advance!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Excuse me there Blah, but I wish to register my disgust. I am a Barclay lady and now far too old to be considered as mere rabble; very experienced rabble, if you don''t mind!

I have no wish to move (to fit in with your class system) to the South Stand or River End as I would fall asleep/wish the life support was turned off. As it indeed would be. Thanks in advance![/quote]To be fair gazza, it was a poor generalisation [:)]  If I were able to get a season ticket, I''d be in the Barclay too, and I no longer fit the profile either...

[quote user="can u sit down please"]They do not expect a return on there shares. The money they invested mainly covers things like a ST for life, meetings with the board etc..... Also in regard to the change of tone from the AD''s....in the meeting the other night, the chef expressed her desire to get possibly 2 AD''s on the board! This istantly toned down any conflict that wouldhave arisen! A great pr stunt! The majority of ADs don''t srike me as "proper" city fans. There investment and the want of a "cosy" time with the chef comes first and football comes second! It''s typical of this club! The heart has been completely ripped out![/quote]

What a load of tripe, have you read their letter calling for Munby''s and Doncaster''s heads? Just because someone has a bit of cash does not make them any more or less of a fan.