Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Why cancelling your season tickets is the right thing to do

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Cluck is God"]

If enough had done the same we might not be where we are now

[/quote]

Or we might have been here a lot sooner. I''d be interested to know what makes you so sure that your point of view is the correct one...?
[/quote]

Surely his current user name tells you all you need to know what he thinks of himself....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

They are too selfish to make such a sacrifice......

After many years of regular attendance I decided to make a personal stand and not give any more of my money to Smith and her bandits. It was tough but I did it for all the right reasons. If enough had done the same we might not be where we are now.

The easy route is to "carry on as usual" rather than miss their matchday fix. That is why so many still turned up last season...and why many will do so again next season. It a selfish "need" for themselves and to hell with the consequences.

[/quote]

If that isn''t the most self serving dribble I''ve ever read, I''m the son of a monkey''s uncle''s gun. Sounds very much like you''re still trying to convince yourself that giving up whatever it was you had at the club.

As said before, I am my own man, my money is mine and will be spent how I chose to spend it, and my opinions are my own and I will choose the way I voice them.

The sooner people on here get that into their little minds the better, I think. I come here for Norwich discussion - not to be told how to live my life. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

If that isn''t the most self serving dribble I''ve ever read, I''m the son of a monkey''s uncle''s gun. Sounds very much like you''re still trying to convince yourself that giving up whatever it was you had at the club...

[/quote]...was the right thing to do. D''oh!

[quote user="jbghost"]Personally I would like to see the club put casual prices up to £30 a game with no concessions. This would award the loyal season ticket holders and screw the part time supporters as well as get the most out of the away fans who no doubt will see us as thier cup final. (Not to mention all those sad Leeds fans who will descend on Yarmouth for the weekend)[/quote]

Thats a stupid idea. Do you think all of us can afford season tickets. Making as many games as you can, but the "casual" tickets is the only option open to alot of people.  

I think its clear from this thread that the greatest asset that the board have is the lack of unity of purpose of its supporters.

I agree with the original poster and have cancelled all three of my season tickets. I have never been considering not going to games but it would have been a clear signal to the board if we had had no renewals by the first deadline and they would probably had to rethink an exit strategy more carefully.

I think Richard Balls was spot on our support makes the club complacent.

And if you think this makes me less of a supporter than you sleep well.

[quote user="jbghost"]Marvellous how all these people without season tickets keep telling us to cancel our season tickets. Get it through your thick heads. It''s my money and I will do what I like with it.[/quote]

Maybe because we wised up!

I use to conribute towards a season ticket for a family member..........as of now I don''t.

[quote user="jbghost"]Marvellous how all these people without season tickets keep telling us to cancel our season tickets. Get it through your thick heads. It''s my money and I will do what I like with it.[/quote]

Maybe because we wised up!

I use to conribute towards a season ticket for a family member..........as of now I don''t.

It''s up to individuals how they spend their money...BUT the ONLY way you will remove Smith and Jones from this club is to bring it down to it''s financial knees!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

It''s up to individuals how they spend their money...BUT the ONLY way you will remove Smith and Jones from this club is to bring it down to it''s financial knees!

[/quote]

Hooray! nail on head time.[Y]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]1) The board love to use season ticket numbers as a way of justifying their decisions, how can they be doing badly, how can the fans be disappointed, when 18,000 still renew? If thousands of fans cancel their tickets, a clear and concise message will be sent to the board that we are not happy.2) By taking the up-front money away from the board not only will your hard-earned be protected from the wallets of the likes of Killen or Carney, the board will be forced into seeking new investment much more aggressively. 3) The fact that we have always been told we are a well run club but yet the board are falling over themselves to emotionally blackmail us into leaving our rightful rebates. Our money is not being wisely spent and the board cannot be trusted with it!4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?5) We all care about the club, whatever action we take it is for the long term good of Norwich City Football Club and differing opinions do not make some fans ''truer'' than others.6) If you buy tickets on a casual basis then buy the end of the season you''ll have paid more into the club ANYWAY. Cancelling your season ticket is a symbolic gesture, it cannot harm the club in any way other than to show the cook that we want rid![/quote] I can understand the argument here but is there any actual evidence the board do see season ticket numbers as justifying their decisions? I''ve never heard any of them say so, in fact they have always been at pains to say the opposite. Maybe many just want to think they do.

[quote user="jbghost"]Personally I would like to see the club put casual prices up to £30 a game with no concessions. This would award the loyal season ticket holders and screw the part time supporters as well as get the most out of the away fans who no doubt will see us as thier cup final. (Not to mention all those sad Leeds fans who will descend on Yarmouth for the weekend)[/quote]

Cheers for that! Making the long trip from abroad to watch Norwich and get labelled a part time supporter and pay more too. If I was still in the UK I would still have my season ticket. I only cancelled it last year as I couldn''t get to many games. Many season ticket holders don''t turn up for many games either.

[quote user="Happy Clapper"]less money for playersless money for wagesgood idea - not![/quote]less money for infrastructureless money for cock-upsgood idea - yes!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]yes and see us even lower in the leagues - good idea not!

I would find it most disturbing if Canary Wundaboy did not have a Season Ticket to give up. Perhaps Canary Wundaboy can re-visit this thread and tell us whether he did have one or not?

I wrote "your" for a reason.I had a season ticket up to the season of 02/03, when financial and distance considerations made it impossible to continue.I now live back in Norwich, and although I could probably stretch to a season ticket if I so wished, I refuse to put any more money into the club so the board can piss it away.