Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Why cancelling your season tickets is the right thing to do

1) The board love to use season ticket numbers as a way of justifying their decisions, how can they be doing badly, how can the fans be disappointed, when 18,000 still renew? If thousands of fans cancel their tickets, a clear and concise message will be sent to the board that we are not happy.2) By taking the up-front money away from the board not only will your hard-earned be protected from the wallets of the likes of Killen or Carney, the board will be forced into seeking new investment much more aggressively. 3) The fact that we have always been told we are a well run club but yet the board are falling over themselves to emotionally blackmail us into leaving our rightful rebates. Our money is not being wisely spent and the board cannot be trusted with it!4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?5) We all care about the club, whatever action we take it is for the long term good of Norwich City Football Club and differing opinions do not make some fans ''truer'' than others.6) If you buy tickets on a casual basis then buy the end of the season you''ll have paid more into the club ANYWAY. Cancelling your season ticket is a symbolic gesture, it cannot harm the club in any way other than to show the cook that we want rid!

With the greatest of respect, it''s my money, I can do with it what I want, and I don''t particularly appreciate this spate of people telling how I should or should not spend my money. Fair enough if you return your season ticket, but frankly I''ll do with my cash what I want.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]1) The board love to use season ticket numbers as a way of justifying their decisions, how can they be doing badly, how can the fans be disappointed, when 18,000 still renew? If thousands of fans cancel their tickets, a clear and concise message will be sent to the board that we are not happy.

2) By taking the up-front money away from the board not only will your hard-earned be protected from the wallets of the likes of Killen or Carney, the board will be forced into seeking new investment much more aggressively.

3) The fact that we have always been told we are a well run club but yet the board are falling over themselves to emotionally blackmail us into leaving our rightful rebates. Our money is not being wisely spent and the board cannot be trusted with it!

4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?

5) We all care about the club, whatever action we take it is for the long term good of Norwich City Football Club and differing opinions do not make some fans ''truer'' than others.

6) If you buy tickets on a casual basis then buy the end of the season you''ll have paid more into the club ANYWAY. Cancelling your season ticket is a symbolic gesture, it cannot harm the club in any way other than to show the cook that we want rid!
[/quote]

Its as clear as day to me.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]With the greatest of respect, it''s my money, I can do with it what I want, and I don''t particularly appreciate this spate of people telling how I should or should not spend my money. Fair enough if you return your season ticket, but frankly I''ll do with my cash what I want.[/quote]Quite right too. Am keeping my Season Ticket and applying for 20% rebate.

I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time
[/quote]

You might just get your wish sunshine.[:|]

Marvellous how all these people without season tickets keep telling us to cancel our season tickets. Get it through your thick heads. It''s my money and I will do what I like with it.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.[/quote]

Having just read the above post, I reckon you should take the rebate and spend it on elocution lessons.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.
[/quote]

Having just read the above post, I reckon you should take the rebate and spend it on elocution lessons.
[/quote]

If you are going to make cheap jibes at people get your facts right. Elocution is the art of speech, nothing to do with the written word.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are going to make cheap jibes at people get your facts right. Elocution is the art of speech, nothing to do with the written word.

[/quote]

I think you are both wrong. Electrocution would be far better[:D]

[quote user="jbghost"]Marvellous how all these people without season tickets keep telling us to cancel our season tickets. Get it through your thick heads. It''s my money and I will do what I like with it.[/quote]

Except when the taxman (or should I say central government politicians) cometh.......

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you are both wrong. Electrocution would be far better[:D]

[/quote]

Lol!

Watch out for the Woof! Woof!

Personally I would like to see the club put casual prices up to £30 a game with no concessions. This would award the loyal season ticket holders and screw the part time supporters as well as get the most out of the away fans who no doubt will see us as thier cup final. (Not to mention all those sad Leeds fans who will descend on Yarmouth for the weekend)

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.[/quote]

Having just read the above post, I reckon you should take the rebate and spend it on elocution lessons.[/quote]what a total Pr**k, one you don''t know what your talking about, two, its a forum, i am typeing quickly, and not using a spellcheck, so just get a life

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to stop watching my football team because as the board''s bad decisions, i go because i want to, i wouldnt care if we where in the confrence in 2 years time (i would rather were in thre prem, and im not saying its fine to be relegated at all) i want to support my team, and if the board members don''t know their not doing a good job, well then they are just idiots.[/quote]

Having just read the above post, I reckon you should take the rebate and spend it on elocution lessons.[/quote]what a total Pr**k, one you don''t know what your talking about, two, its a forum, i am typeing quickly, and not using a spellcheck, so just get a life[/quote]

Christ on a bike, I hope you don''t speak like you write!Are you a chav?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes  i am a chav........... wtf, you are a comlete idiot[/quote]complete*I hope you don''t speak like you type

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WHAT, i am the one who gets the piss taken out of me, then get abused for being upset ????[/quote]LOL don''t worry GP I''m just winding you up.

[quote user="jbghost"]Personally I would like to see the club put casual prices up to £30 a game with no concessions. This would award the loyal season ticket holders and screw the part time supporters as well as get the most out of the away fans who no doubt will see us as thier cup final. (Not to mention all those sad Leeds fans who will descend on Yarmouth for the weekend)[/quote]

How many AWAY games do you go to ''jbg ''?

I''m glad you see yourself as loyal because you get cheaper tickets when the loyality would be paying more for the tickets and watching NCFC?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?[/quote]The 600k is the cost of keeping the rebates.  Cancelling season tickets would be a lot more than 600k - millions of pounds.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

[quote user="jbghost"]Personally I would like to see the club put casual prices up to £30 a game with no concessions. This would award the loyal season ticket holders and screw the part time supporters as well as get the most out of the away fans who no doubt will see us as thier cup final. (Not to mention all those sad Leeds fans who will descend on Yarmouth for the weekend)[/quote]

How many AWAY games do you go to ''jbg ''?

I''m glad you see yourself as loyal because you get cheaper tickets when the loyality would be paying more for the tickets and watching NCFC?

[/quote]

Plenty thankyou

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]1) The board love to use season ticket numbers as a way of justifying their decisions, how can they be doing badly, how can the fans be disappointed, when 18,000 still renew? If thousands of fans cancel their tickets, a clear and concise message will be sent to the board that we are not happy.

2) By taking the up-front money away from the board not only will your hard-earned be protected from the wallets of the likes of Killen or Carney, the board will be forced into seeking new investment much more aggressively.

3) The fact that we have always been told we are a well run club but yet the board are falling over themselves to emotionally blackmail us into leaving our rightful rebates. Our money is not being wisely spent and the board cannot be trusted with it!

4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?

5) We all care about the club, whatever action we take it is for the long term good of Norwich City Football Club and differing opinions do not make some fans ''truer'' than others.

6) If you buy tickets on a casual basis then buy the end of the season you''ll have paid more into the club ANYWAY. Cancelling your season ticket is a symbolic gesture, it cannot harm the club in any way other than to show the cook that we want rid!
[/quote]

Its as clear as day to me.

[/quote]

But, it''s only your opinion.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]4) The club will NOT go into administration due to the loss of 600k. If they do, then we wouldn''t have survived this season ANYWAY. Where have the millions in parachute payments gone?[/quote]The 600k is the cost of keeping the rebates.  Cancelling season tickets would be a lot more than 600k - millions of pounds.[/quote]Says it all about the original well thought-out post doesn''t it... Look, I am really unhappy with the state of the club at the moment, but I genuinely do not believe that cancelling my season ticket would go anyway towards helping us in the long term, and I don''t give a toss if some loud mouth "geniuses" think otherwise. The club must have massively reduced in value - so I cant see any sane major shareholder holidng out for a big pay day. Plus, there are no guarantees that anybody would come in if we went into administration, and one thing we desperately need at the moment is just a tiny bit of stablity. However, give it six months and I might think differently...

They are too selfish to make such a sacrifice......

After many years of regular attendance I decided to make a personal stand and not give any more of my money to Smith and her bandits. It was tough but I did it for all the right reasons. If enough had done the same we might not be where we are now.

The easy route is to "carry on as usual" rather than miss their matchday fix. That is why so many still turned up last season...and why many will do so again next season. It a selfish "need" for themselves and to hell with the consequences.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

If enough had done the same we might not be where we are now

[/quote]Or we might have been here a lot sooner. I''d be interested to know what makes you so sure that your point of view is the correct one...?

Everyone is entitled to do whatever they wish.  For my part, I will be keeping my season ticket and taking my ''rebate'' - at the end of the day the £500k from everyone taking this will leave a more than big enough hole in the club''s finances given the huge loss in tv revenue, advertising, corporate sales and so on that they will suffer.  As far as I''m concerned, there isn''t a great deal of point in bankrupting the club or forcing it into administration, even if some seem to insist that this would be a good thing.

As a totally separate thing, it is interesting how in years gone by people would go on about how fantastic it was when sides kept their support even though things were going badly - in recent seasons Sheff Weds averaged 21,000+ in league one and their supporters were much lauded for sticking by the club, even though they probably had more to be disgruntled about than we do (a lot of my family is from up there and are Wednesdayites, so don''t even think about telling me this is bull).  It seems the attitude of some of our support is rather different, as though it is almost a badge of honour that they have stopped attending games and feel the need to tell us all over and over again.  However you decide to justify it/wrap it up, it is a bit strange, but as I say everyone is entitled to do whatever they wish.