Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

You lot...1st or 2nd next season

This,from a blue, is my honest opinion of next season. Firstly we won''t go up. It will take 2 seasons to get up and if Keane is given the funds i think he will do it in the second year. Secondly...for all the doom and gloom that has hit home since relegation look at league 1. Nearly every club has debts that are holding the club back and impact on wages when negotiating a free transfer but,and it is a big but, if you were a player would you take the 3k (just guessing) at a club who gets 5000 fans or would you rather take the 3k and play in a ground with 20,000 people. It''s a no brainer really. I know it''s easy for me to say this but i honestly don''t think you will have a worry next season. Top 2 and i''m that confident i''m going to do you in my accumulator.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]This,from a blue, is my honest opinion of next season. Firstly we won''t go up. It will take 2 seasons to get up and if Keane is given the funds i think he will do it in the second year. Secondly...for all the doom and gloom that has hit home since relegation look at league 1. Nearly every club has debts that are holding the club back and impact on wages when negotiating a free transfer but,and it is a big but, if you were a player would you take the 3k (just guessing) at a club who gets 5000 fans or would you rather take the 3k and play in a ground with 20,000 people. It''s a no brainer really. I know it''s easy for me to say this but i honestly don''t think you will have a worry next season. Top 2 and i''m that confident i''m going to do you in my accumulator.[/quote]they''ll come here with less to prove in a way tho. Burnley found hungry players looking to make a name for themselves rather than thinking they were some big time showman. We''ll attract at least one money grabbing layabout as we always do.

is that 1st or 2nd from bottom????????

i think we will finish 4th-5th   i would like to think top 2 but depends on how much we have to spend and who else leaves

MK dons will win the league if Di Matteo isn''t poached....

we will envy them this season and finish mid table.

jas :)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]not once have I heard promotion be mentioned, which massively sums up our mood.

My prediction is 9th[/quote]promotion

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]This,from a blue, is my honest opinion of next season. Firstly we won''t go up. It will take 2 seasons to get up and if Keane is given the funds i think he will do it in the second year. Secondly...for all the doom and gloom that has hit home since relegation look at league 1. Nearly every club has debts that are holding the club back and impact on wages when negotiating a free transfer but,and it is a big but, if you were a player would you take the 3k (just guessing) at a club who gets 5000 fans or would you rather take the 3k and play in a ground with 20,000 people. It''s a no brainer really. I know it''s easy for me to say this but i honestly don''t think you will have a worry next season. Top 2 and i''m that confident i''m going to do you in my accumulator.[/quote]

Thanks for your sensible post '' theythinkitsallover ''. Also nice to see that, so far, you''ve only had sensible replies ( but don''t hold your breath )

Setting aside the tribal name calling for once I think that if we''re honest most Norwich supporters are a little bit envious of Ipswich right now. You''ve just appointed a manager with a pretty ruthless '' winner '' mentality who seems to have made a big impact already in the short time he''s been at Portman Road. I think it was a huge surprise that he''s been enticed to Ipswich, like us not a big club, but presumably the wage packet on offer must have had a lot to do with it. I''ll be very surprised if you don''t finish in the top six - possibly top two - next time but Roy Keane is a wealthy, volatile character and is just as likely to suddenly up anchor and disappear into the sunset to walk his dogs as he is see out his contract. However much success you enjoy in the meantime just don''t expect him to still be with you three or four years down the line.

Regarding our chances of relieving the gloom at Carrow Road I wish I could be as upbeat as you seem to be. We have a '' nice '' rookie manager who many of us seriously doubt has the drive or ability to turn things round. Of course we all hope we haven''t pre-judged him but his record over his first 19 games in charge hardly stands out on his CV. To complete the set-up we have assembled a so-called '' dream team '' of other ex-players around him in Crook, Butterworth and Deehan - who will be familiar to Town fans - to oversee the Club''s planned revival. Having fallen at the first hurdle - avoiding relegation - things don''t bode well for the team in the immediate future. Given all the recent turmoil and having to build an effective team unit almost from scratch I really do think we''ll do well to finish 12th next season.

Regarding you putting your money where your mouth is on a top two finish if I was to bet on which of our teams are more likely to do so next term it wouldn''t be Norwich I''m sorry to say.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]Thanks for that but i just think you might be pleasantly surprised. 20,000 crowds will attract the better players willing to play in that division.[/quote]Great theory, but it''s not exactly worked for Leeds has it? And Forest took an age to get out of this division too. Not only that, but we''ll also be competing with Charlton and Southampton who will both be getting similar crowds.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]This,from a blue, is my honest opinion of next season. Firstly we won''t go up. It will take 2 seasons to get up and if Keane is given the funds i think he will do it in the second year. Secondly...for all the doom and gloom that has hit home since relegation look at league 1. Nearly every club has debts that are holding the club back and impact on wages when negotiating a free transfer but,and it is a big but, if you were a player would you take the 3k (just guessing) at a club who gets 5000 fans or would you rather take the 3k and play in a ground with 20,000 people. It''s a no brainer really. I know it''s easy for me to say this but i honestly don''t think you will have a worry next season. Top 2 and i''m that confident i''m going to do you in my accumulator.[/quote]

couple of good teams in lge1 now but id say playoffs is a defo maybe 3rd or 4th

I genuinely fear relegation, so I''ll take fifth from bottom right now. I''ve got a better chance of marrying Angelina Jolie than we''ve got of promotion.