Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

How far down in the table before Gunn is sacked?

Lets face it we won''t be anywhere near the top two next season under Gunn, so my question is, How low down in league one would we have to be before Gunn gets sacked?

Last season it took Leeds dropping out of the play-offs and a FA Cup first round defeat at Histon for McAllister to get the chop. Would that be enough, or would we need to be even lower than that?

Lets just hope that when it does happen, there is enough of the season left to retrieve something out of it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Lets face it we won''t be anywhere near the top two next season under Gunn, so my question is, How low down in league one would we have to be before Gunn gets sacked?

Last season it took Leeds dropping out of the play-offs and a FA Cup first round defeat at Histon for McAllister to get the chop. Would that be enough, or would we need to be even lower than that?

Lets just hope that when it does happen, there is enough of the season left to retrieve something out of it.

[/quote]

I would think he''s actually under the boardroom table (and has been for some time).....Occasionally being fed the odd morsel and scraps and tit-bits from those feasting from the fine fare - and who''re sitting around it....

i wouldnt like to say yet , as i dont know who will be playing for us .

after many loan departures , as well as our own players leaving , who knows ?

as i said before , i dont think its fair on gunn as 17 from 24 players , gunn never brought in .

[quote user="PhatCanary"]The stupid Cook will never sack him,the only way Gunn will go is if we get a new board!![/quote]

Never underestimate fan power, They would never have sacked either Worthington or Roeder were it not for the fans (at least Grant had the dignity to walk) -if any set of fans at any club in the world call for a managers head for long enough - they will get the sack.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]If we are mid-table in Jan then he should be sacked.[/quote]

Who are you trying to kid? The board would be over the moon if we were mid table come January. That bitch Delia would consider it success.

Think you''re all wrong. Gunn will have been given very clear targets to achieve after 10 weeks, Christmas etc. In fact I am sure the trio will have offered self imposed targets when pitching for the job.They might be lowish targets at first (eg mid table) but will increase as the season wears on (off?!). Failure will mean the ability to terminate and any severance payment to be meagre - like Grant, Gunn  wpuld have "resigned". Nevertheless I would see Butterworth or Crook being reappointed as caretaker under such a scenario until the end of the season. Only my opinion.

If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games he has to go , ideally somebody should see sense and sack him now before the season starts but while the drunks running the club that wont happen.

[quote user="Binky"]Think you''re all wrong. Gunn will have been given very clear targets to achieve after 10 weeks, Christmas etc. In fact I am sure the trio will have offered self imposed targets when pitching for the job.They might be lowish targets at first (eg mid table) but will increase as the season wears on (off?!). Failure will mean the ability to terminate and any severance payment to be meagre - like Grant, Gunn  wpuld have "resigned". Nevertheless I would see Butterworth or Crook being reappointed as caretaker under such a scenario until the end of the season. Only my opinion.
[/quote]

No that would be too clever from our board. Imposing such sanctions are beyong Delias intelligence. She is cook for pittys sake, a cook that has done nothing right over the last five years. A bloody female cook is running our football club with no chairman and no directors!! The decisions she is making at the moment will be ill thought out and ill advised by her co shareholders. The club is being run by bloody shareholders!!

2009-2010

My prediction is that we will linger between 10th and 15th all season and Gunn will explain at the end of it that we have finally consolidated, stopped the rot and can now prepare for a promotion push 2010-2011.

2010-2011

After hovering around 15th and 20th Gunn will step down at Christmas and Butterworth will be given the job. We will finish the season 12th and Butterworth and Crook will step down.

2011-2012

A decent League Two manager will be appointed for 2011-2012 who will want a clear out and a ''different sort of player'' and we will establish ourselves as a League One side average enough to avoid relegation yet too unreliable for promotion for the forseeable future. 

The only way to avoid this was to thank Gunn for his efforts January-May but decline his application and recruit a proven manager this summer. I don''t think that I can bear to see Gunn outwitted by wily, battlehardened League One managers game after game after game but it''s going to happen.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games he has to go , ideally somebody should see sense and sack him now before the season starts but while the drunks running the club that wont happen.
[/quote]

Agreed, he should not see the start of the season as manager. If he does then we are f*cked before we begin!

those whingeing need to remember the players Gunn bought in, Lee and Mooney stand out, Leijer wasn''t bad.... more of the same and we can do ok under him.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

those whingeing need to remember the players Gunn bought in, Lee and Mooney stand out, Leijer wasn''t bad.... more of the same and we can do ok under him.

[/quote]

Did you not watch the games jas,we were pathetic at times and Gunn had no clue,arms folded and standing alone on the sideline!! His appointment is a joke and so is the board!!!

I think he will be safe as long as we''re not stuck at the wrong end of the table. The board (if you can call 3 drongos a board!) will be well aware that escaping League One is easier said than done, having seen Leeds struggle to gain promotion to the Championship, and also, of course, they adore Uncle Fester, so he will be in a fairly unassailable position next season. Unless, of course, the peasants revolt. Something which is not entirely out of the question now, with the amount of dissatisfaction expressed about Mr G''s appointment.

he wont....he will take us to league 2...then ask for the chance to rectify the situation..blah blah blah blah and of course the board will give him yet another contract........GOD I HOPE IM WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]i just hope you are right jas.....1st and formost we need a goal scorer and should be after people like rickie lambart and players of that standard and NO LESS!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games he has to go , ideally somebody should see sense and sack him now before the season starts but while the drunks running the club that wont happen.
[/quote]

Agreed, he should not see the start of the season as manager. If he does then we are f*cked before we begin!

[/quote]

When are some people in here going to stop wallowing in self pity and look at a bit of realism.

What makes you think Norwich City has a God-given right to be a successful club. On the playing front I can never remember the players at the club at the moment ever being so poor. Gunn has inherited a squad of no-hopers where only a few stand out as being reasonable. They are the ones that their agents will make sure leave for greener pastures and the club cannot stop that. What he has left are players that, if I am honest, I would not want to see in a Norwich shirt again. This means the club has to get one hell of a lot of new players for next season ..... and then you expect them to be league winners overnight! Grow up! Look at the problems that we have, look at what can be done and realise that if we make the play offs next season that will be one hell of an achievement, not failure, not the minimum to be expected, not the right that you think we have because we are Norwich City.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When are some people in here going to stop wallowing in self pity and look at a bit of realism.

What makes you think Norwich City has a God-given right to be a successful club. On the playing front I can never remember the players at the club at the moment ever being so poor. Gunn has inherited a squad of no-hopers where only a few stand out as being reasonable. They are the ones that their agents will make sure leave for greener pastures and the club cannot stop that. What he has left are players that, if I am honest, I would not want to see in a Norwich shirt again. This means the club has to get one hell of a lot of new players for next season ..... and then you expect them to be league winners overnight! Grow up! Look at the problems that we have, look at what can be done and realise that if we make the play offs next season that will be one hell of an achievement, not failure, not the minimum to be expected, not the right that you think we have because we are Norwich City.

[/quote]the fans deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]the fans deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Oh dear.  And you think Leeds United''s fans, Southampton''s fans, Charlton''s fans, Huddersfield''s fan don''t deserve it? Be realistic.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i wouldnt like to say yet , as i dont know who will be playing for us .

after many loan departures , as well as our own players leaving , who knows ?

as i said before , i dont think its fair on gunn as 17 from 24 players , gunn never brought in .

[/quote]

good point

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But we do have the god given right to have a proper manager at the club , not some clown who has got the job because he will lick Delias arse .
[/quote]

And where will this proper manager get new players from? There''s no money, there have been no youth players becoming regular first team players for years and there will be a lot of dross left at the club that somehow the management team will have to try to get something out of.

Whether a new manager would be better or not realise that it is not going to happen. Bryan Gunn is the manager of Norwich City football club and as such he will be given the opportunity to do the job. If he cocks it up then I will join you and ask for him to be sacked. But that is not going to happen before the season starts or before he tries to get us out of the enormous mess we are in, that he did not create.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But we do have the god given right to have a proper manager at the club , not some clown who has got the job because he will lick Delias arse .
[/quote]

And where will this proper manager get new players from? There''s no money, there have been no youth players becoming regular first team players for years and there will be a lot of dross left at the club that somehow the management team will have to try to get something out of.

Whether a new manager would be better or not realise that it is not going to happen. Bryan Gunn is the manager of Norwich City football club and as such he will be given the opportunity to do the job. If he cocks it up then I will join you and ask for him to be sacked. But that is not going to happen before the season starts or before he tries to get us out of the enormous mess we are in, that he did not create.

[/quote]

If he cocks it up?.....Present, or past tense?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If he cocks it up?!?!?!?!?, I think he already did !, 5 defeats in the last 6, 3 defeats in the last 3, 5 wins out of 20, WE DIDN''T EVEN GO DOWN WITH A FIGHT !!!!!!. To have given him the job in January was suicide, to give it to him again now- ,well it pretty much marks the death of this football club.

He has already had his chance and cocked it up and apart from a few people everybody wants him out , hope we hear Gunn out chants at the first game to bring home to the arrogant manager that he does NOT have the support of the Norwich fans that he quite frequently says he has.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Did you not watch the games jas,we were pathetic at times and Gunn had no clue,arms folded and standing alone on the sideline!! His appointment is a joke and so is the board!!!

[/quote]

nothing to do with Roeder signing players who

1. were not good enough for the championship

and

2. had their confidence destroyed by the previous incumbent (incompetant)

then?