Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Fans Representative on the Board

The way I see the argument for having a ''fan'' on the boad of a football club is to offer the opinion of the fan in general (correct?). Now first of all that assumes that there are no fans on the board at the moment, currently Norwich''s board does consist of fans, Delia and Micheal are Norwich fans (allegedly) as is Micheal Foulger, this is compared to other clubs such as Fulham, Portsmouth, Ipswich where they have been taken over by people who eithier want to make money or are just interested in football in general. At the clubs mentioned there is a stronger case for having a ''fan'' on the board than there is ours.

Secondly, how do you go about electing a fans representative? Do you hold elections? Who gets to vote? What type of voting system would be used?

Finally, i''m going to guess that the ''fan'' who does get elected to board will have limited experience of boardroom and business situations so what exactly does that person bring to the table?

This is all hypothetitcal of course but I thought i''d just throw this out there...

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

The way I see the argument for having a ''fan'' on the boad of a football club is to offer the opinion of the fan in general (correct?). Now first of all that assumes that there are no fans on the board at the moment, currently Norwich''s board does consist of fans, Delia and Micheal are Norwich fans (allegedly) as is Micheal Foulger, this is compared to other clubs such as Fulham, Portsmouth, Ipswich where they have been taken over by people who eithier want to make money or are just interested in football in general. At the clubs mentioned there is a stronger case for having a ''fan'' on the board than there is ours.

Secondly, how do you go about electing a fans representative? Do you hold elections? Who gets to vote? What type of voting system would be used?

Finally, i''m going to guess that the ''fan'' who does get elected to board will have limited experience of boardroom and business situations so what exactly does that person bring to the table?

This is all hypothetitcal of course but I thought i''d just throw this out there...

[/quote]

Its naive to think that the Stowmarket two, being majority shareholders will want a fan representative on the board unless they are yes people.

Thats how daft they think you all are........

I really don''t get just how naive Smith is.