Sign in to follow this  
chicken

This forum

Ok this is just a request that will probably be blasted but here goes anyway.I understand that a lot of people, like me, are very emotional at the moment when it comes to all things Norwich City FC. And for that reason I think tollerance levels have slipped in regards to language and general attitude of posters.However can I please ask that people refrain from degrading each other and using negative language and at least be seen to try and put a mature conversation down rather that name calling that is quite honestly pathetic.If I was a complete stranger I would have to sum this board up as being adolescent because of the insulting language people are using at the moment.Yes I understand that I probably sound like an old teach but at 27 I can assure you it is still just as unacceptable - some of you guys should remember that younger people read this too and the language is quite simply not appropriate for them and can be intimidating.I ask this out of respect for this forum as a whole because down the years it has been a nice place to come and have a chat or a rant or a discussion about one of the things that we are passionate about. I look up to the likes of Kathy, City Angel, Zippers Left Foot, Mook, Nutty Nigel etc who have graced this board for quite a long time whilst remaining for the most part, dignified.I do believe that this should be something that the moderators should be keeping a closer eye on too - some of the stuff on here is abbusive in its content - people are not allowed to say these things in a public place so should not be getting away with them on a public internet forum either. It doesn''t support the good work that was put in to win the website award either.Rant over,The Chickmeister

Spot on Chicken. You will also notice that most of the posters you mention aren''t on here tonight because sometimes a bit of thought before committing yourself to print is a very good thing!

[quote user="chicken"]Ok this is just a request that will probably be blasted but here goes anyway.I understand that a lot of people, like me, are very emotional at the moment when it comes to all things Norwich City FC. And for that reason I think tollerance levels have slipped in regards to language and general attitude of posters.However can I please ask that people refrain from degrading each other and using negative language and at least be seen to try and put a mature conversation down rather that name calling that is quite honestly pathetic.If I was a complete stranger I would have to sum this board up as being adolescent because of the insulting language people are using at the moment.Yes I understand that I probably sound like an old teach but at 27 I can assure you it is still just as unacceptable - some of you guys should remember that younger people read this too and the language is quite simply not appropriate for them and can be intimidating.I ask this out of respect for this forum as a whole because down the years it has been a nice place to come and have a chat or a rant or a discussion about one of the things that we are passionate about. I look up to the likes of Kathy, City Angel, Zippers Left Foot, Mook, Nutty Nigel etc who have graced this board for quite a long time whilst remaining for the most part, dignified.I do believe that this should be something that the moderators should be keeping a closer eye on too - some of the stuff on here is abbusive in its content - people are not allowed to say these things in a public place so should not be getting away with them on a public internet forum either. It doesn''t support the good work that was put in to win the website award either.Rant over,The Chickmeister[/quote][Y] Totally agree, I can understand peoples frustrations at the moment, and I am very angry about today, but the threads on here at the moment are pretty unbelievable.  I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.  I think I''m going to reflect on today''s announcement overnight, and see how I feel in the morning.

Agreed.  I have never used foul language to another poster or ever felt the desire to.  We are all entitled to our opinions and a reasoned arguement is much stronger than abuse, no matter what opinion your voicing. 

We all have something in common, we all have something that binds us- an affection for our beloved club and wanting the best for it.  I''m not suggesting we hug a tree or anything, but agree with chicken that we simply need to respect each other''s opinions and mind the language.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="chicken"]Ok this is just a request that will probably be blasted but here goes anyway.I understand that a lot of people, like me, are very emotional at the moment when it comes to all things Norwich City FC. And for that reason I think tollerance levels have slipped in regards to language and general attitude of posters.However can I please ask that people refrain from degrading each other and using negative language and at least be seen to try and put a mature conversation down rather that name calling that is quite honestly pathetic.If I was a complete stranger I would have to sum this board up as being adolescent because of the insulting language people are using at the moment.Yes I understand that I probably sound like an old teach but at 27 I can assure you it is still just as unacceptable - some of you guys should remember that younger people read this too and the language is quite simply not appropriate for them and can be intimidating.I ask this out of respect for this forum as a whole because down the years it has been a nice place to come and have a chat or a rant or a discussion about one of the things that we are passionate about. I look up to the likes of Kathy, City Angel, Zippers Left Foot, Mook, Nutty Nigel etc who have graced this board for quite a long time whilst remaining for the most part, dignified.I do believe that this should be something that the moderators should be keeping a closer eye on too - some of the stuff on here is abbusive in its content - people are not allowed to say these things in a public place so should not be getting away with them on a public internet forum either. It doesn''t support the good work that was put in to win the website award either.Rant over,The Chickmeister[/quote][Y] Totally agree, I can understand peoples frustrations at the moment, and I am very angry about today, but the threads on here at the moment are pretty unbelievable.  I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.  I think I''m going to reflect on today''s announcement overnight, and see how I feel in the morning.[/quote]I tend to read more than I post and visit here quite often so I am up for volunteering to help in this way if they would like me to.

[quote]If I was a complete stranger I would have to sum this board up as being

adolescent because of the insulting language people are using at the

moment.[/quote]If you were a complete stranger and were from out of Norfolk half of us would call you a farriner and tell you * off.If you were from inside Norfolk we''d call you a wind-up merchant or something less pleasant until you hit post 250.That''s just the internets for you.It''ll calm down, oooh (puts finger in air to measure the wind) on Sunday I reckon.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]If I was a complete stranger I would have to sum this board up as being

adolescent because of the insulting language people are using at the

moment.[/quote]If you were a complete stranger and were from out of Norfolk half of us would call you a farriner and tell you * off.If you were from inside Norfolk we''d call you a wind-up merchant or something less pleasant until you hit post 250.That''s just the internets for you.It''ll calm down, oooh (puts finger in air to measure the wind) on Sunday I reckon.[/quote]Oh blahblah - what would we do with your humour? Its like a gentle fart of air that just lightens the tone enough to make you want to giggle . . . . . [:P]

You would probably refrain from degrading each other and using negative language and at

least be seen to try and put a mature conversation down rather than

name calling that is quite honestly pathetic.  At a guess.At least you didn''t put humour in quotes [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]You would probably refrain from degrading each other and using negative language and at

least be seen to try and put a mature conversation down rather than

name calling that is quite honestly pathetic.  At a guess.At least you didn''t put humour in quotes [;)][/quote]Ah a simple slip of the digits on the keyboard - i meant to say without your humour.Damn these dastardly gremlins!!!So your saying your humour is the cause of all of this?

I agree with you Chickmeister [Y]There is no need for abusive language and indeed swearing on this message board.Can I just take this opportunity to apologise to everyone I''ve ever wound up and for all the childish and attention seeking posts I have contributed to this message board?I dont do it on purpose. Honest.

Thirty four people were injured in Norwich, Norfolk, yesterday after being hit by toys hurled by angry football supporters from yellow and green prams.

The supporters were protesting over Delia Smith''s appointment of former star goalkeeper Bryan Gunn as her manager at Norwich City next season.

A fleet of ambulances ferried the injured to Norfolk and Norwich hospital who activated "Operation Worthington"  and called in off duty staff.

A hospital spokesman said: "It''s mostly bumps and bruises and they they should be okay in a day or two."

ends

[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Thirty four people were injured in Norwich, Norfolk, yesterday after being hit by toys hurled by angry football supporters from yellow and green prams.

The supporters were protesting over Delia Smith''s appointment of former star goalkeeper Bryan Gunn as her manager at Norwich City next season.

A fleet of ambulances ferried the injured to Norfolk and Norwich hospital who activated "Operation Worthington"  and called in off duty staff.

A hospital spokesman said: "It''s mostly bumps and bruises and they they should be okay in a day or two."

ends

[;)]

[/quote]Shouldn''t you be half-writing your character assassination of Chief Inspector Tilson for 750 quid ?  And do we get that one gratis ? [:)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.

[/quote]

You can moderate - in a way - hit report and I''ll delete if necessary.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.

[/quote]

[/quote]Well the offer is there should you wish to take me up on it. It may just take some of the load off your back and some of the things be dealt with more rapidly - as you guys have better things to do than police on here all of the time. There are a few other sites that use user monitors and it works well because they not only edit but they also remind people to stay on topic or to refrain from abbussive posts if they feel it is possibly going down that path. They can be a useful tool and cost you nout.I did hit the report button for the first time ever today - i get some blank form like a post entry to fill in and then it stated there was an error.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well the offer is there should you wish to take me up on it. It may just take some of the load off your back and some of the things be dealt with more rapidly - as you guys have better things to do than police on here all of the time. There are a few other sites that use user monitors and it works well because they not only edit but they also remind people to stay on topic or to refrain from abbussive posts if they feel it is possibly going down that path. They can be a useful tool and cost you nout.

I did hit the report button for the first time ever today - i get some blank form like a post entry to fill in and then it stated there was an error.
[/quote]

That happens quite a bit but don''t worry, the report still comes through.

I confess to being the very occasional poster on here....however I generally just observe because there is ''sometimes'' good debate. However of late there seems to be a tremendous amount of swearing and intolerance of other people''s points of view. What''s the point of having a forum if it isn''t for the benefit of discussion rather than ranting, swearing or personal attack...

i must admit im one the "naughty word people" on occasion... it isnt smart by any stretch of the imagination and i agree with Chicken, Pete and others... on the whole we must try and tone our language down on the message board.

Next step will be to try and tone the language down on TV, and at Carrow road on a match day! only joking of course! lol

jas :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

ends

[;)]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be half-writing your character assassination of Chief Inspector Tilson for 750 quid ?  And do we get that one gratis ? [:)]
[/quote]

Me? Character assassinate?

I don''t know where you got that idea.  We are not here to assassinate anyone.  I want to assure you that we only want to give you the opportunity to tell YOUR side of the story.[:D]

Apart from being gloriously pompous and doing very weak double entendre - while I remain merely patronising - NCISA are between a rock and a hard place I think.  Could there have been a Norwich City stepover here?  Two of the targets have gone and Bumbling Bryan has been appointed for good or bad (see other threads) so there are only three targets left, one of whom is trying to get you a bit of cash at the moment.

Hmmm....tricky one. Of course, I do tend to prefer the Stowmarket march thing.............[:P]

Yes we must all behave.  I will now hit the report button for every single thing I am offended by, including the totally inappropriate usernames, jiggling boobs, blatant wind ups from multiple accounts etc that get ignored day after day.

[quote user="ACE"]Yes we must all behave.  I will now hit the report button for every single thing I am offended by, including the totally inappropriate usernames, jiggling boobs, blatant wind ups from multiple accounts etc that get ignored day after day.[/quote]

You really are a little boring man!

The point is (this isn''t directed at anybody just general) debating rules on message boards go back years.  Ultimately what I''ve accepted during this time,  whoever runs the board makes the rules and that''s that. If you don''t like the rules you can just nob off to another site.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

ends

[;)]

[/quote]Shouldn''t you be half-writing your character assassination of Chief Inspector Tilson for 750 quid ?  And do we get that one gratis ? [:)][/quote]

I don''t know where you got that idea.  We are not here to assassinate anyone.  I want to assure you that we only want to give you the opportunity to tell YOUR side of the story.[:D]

Apart from being gloriously pompous and doing very weak double entendre - while I remain merely patronising - NCISA are between a rock and a hard place I think.  Could there have been a Norwich City stepover here?  Two of the targets have gone and Bumbling Bryan has been appointed for good or bad (see other threads) so there are only three targets left, one of whom is trying to get you a bit of cash at the moment.

Hmmm....tricky one. Of course, I do tend to prefer the Stowmarket march thing.............[:P]

[/quote]You''re full of riddles Camul - nothing like a cryptic journo!I take it you mean Foulger is on the rounds trying to get in more money - is that as in investment or simply just a cap in hand jobby asking the local lords and ladies for their loose change?!!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

ends

[;)]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be half-writing your character assassination of Chief Inspector Tilson for 750 quid ?  And do we get that one gratis ? [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re full of riddles Camul - nothing like a cryptic journo!

I take it you mean Foulger is on the rounds trying to get in more money - is that as in investment or simply just a cap in hand jobby asking the local lords and ladies for their loose change?!!

[/quote]

sitting outside the guild hall with a shabby dog, playing the mouth organ badly and a blanket with a few coins in i expect.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think that Archant and Pete should really consider giving members on here Moderator privileges, with the proviso that they let debate continue.

[/quote]

[/quote]Well the offer is there should you wish to take me up on it. It may just take some of the load off your back and some of the things be dealt with more rapidly - as you guys have better things to do than police on here all of the time. There are a few other sites that use user monitors and it works well because they not only edit but they also remind people to stay on topic or to refrain from abbussive posts if they feel it is possibly going down that path. They can be a useful tool and cost you nout.I did hit the report button for the first time ever today - i get some blank form like a post entry to fill in and then it stated there was an error.[/quote]

That happens quite a bit but don''t worry, the report still comes through.

[/quote]Cheers Pete - don''t like to be a pain, the funny thing is I hit report on something that wasn''t even aimed at me.Keep it up mods - you guys are the best (and  you have the award to prove it).

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i must admit im one the "naughty word people" on occasion... it isnt smart by any stretch of the imagination and i agree with Chicken, Pete and others... on the whole we must try and tone our language down on the message board.

Next step will be to try and tone the language down on TV, and at Carrow road on a match day! only joking of course! lol

[/quote]Well if my memory serves me right you sort of have an ongoing running battle with Smudger - and although perhaps at times it gets out of hand it is still more understandable than one poster insulting everyone who dares question their opinion.

[quote user="ACE"]Yes we must all behave.  I will now hit the report button for every single thing I am offended by, including the totally inappropriate usernames, jiggling boobs, blatant wind ups from multiple accounts etc that get ignored day after day.
[/quote]

Vomits in bucket.......