Sign in to follow this  
Barry Brockes

Tony Adams/Paul Ince

I was at a function last night where a few of the backroom staff from Carrow Road were also in attendance. I hadn''t appreciated until then how unpopular Gunn is amongst the staff there with his arrogant, ultra over-inflated egotistical opinion of himself (and that''s before he was given his present job). A number at NCFC clearly did not welcome his appointment. One thing that did come out during the evening was that within a few days of the Charlton debacle both Adams and Ince (or their agents) made contact abut the manager''s job and both were sent packing after brief conversations. Now it could be that the money they were asking for was in the silly league but they''re both out of work, would know that we''re not rich and will be in League One next season so their demands may not have been that unrealistic. Neither would have been my first choice as manager but I''d have been a darned sight happier with either of those than Delia''s mate ''Oddjob''.

Wouldn''t have wanted eitheir here. Adams has failed wherever he''s managed and Ince seems pretty arrogant himself not to mention a catastrophic failure as soon as he went near a ''big(ger)'' football club

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I was at a function last night where a few of the backroom staff from Carrow Road were also in attendance. I hadn''t appreciated until then how unpopular Gunn is amongst the staff there with his arrogant, ultra over-inflated egotistical opinion of himself (and that''s before he was given his present job). A number at NCFC clearly did not welcome his appointment. One thing that did come out during the evening was that within a few days of the Charlton debacle both Adams and Ince (or their agents) made contact abut the manager''s job and both were sent packing after brief conversations. Now it could be that the money they were asking for was in the silly league but they''re both out of work, would know that we''re not rich and will be in League One next season so their demands may not have been that unrealistic. Neither would have been my first choice as manager but I''d have been a darned sight happier with either of those than Delia''s mate ''Oddjob''.[/quote]

I agree with Ince, I think it would have been the right sized club for him at the right level, he/the club would have been able to recover from bad seasons simultaneously.

With regard Delia, the most frustating thing is that the fans-us (and actually, it''s not a crime to say this...) do actually know more about football than her! , we have far more years of watching football between us, most of us will have played the game and yet a woman in her late 60''s who is a cook by profession is somehow entrusted with appointing the WRONG manager for our football club! - In Italy they just wouldn''t have stood for this , they would have torn the place down and run these people out of their club (forcibly if necessary!)

I can well understand Gunn being unpopular everything about the man screams hes all Gunn Gunn Gunn , probably a more arrogant person than Roeder , the sooner he gets out of the club the better.

Strikes me that Bryan Gunn is already in the same position as Nigel Worthington at the end of his tenure. Kept in place by a stubborn board, almost universally reviled and ridiculed and with a large section of supporters waiting to say "I told you so".

Sadly, looking beyond his almost certain replacement before the end of the year we will be faced with Butterworth or Crook as a cheap replacement and the merry-go-round will start again. Face it, Delia will appoint who Delia wants to appoint and that person will always be the one who will says all the right things and comes cheap.

He had his chance , failed miserably, and if he was a half decent person would have walked away , he chose not to and deserves as much stick as any other manager would get. How do you think Roeder would have been treated if he relegated us and said he was staying on this season ? why should Mr billy big bollocks get treated any different ??

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He had his chance , failed miserably, and if he was a half decent person would have walked away , he chose not to and deserves as much stick as any other manager would get. How do you think Roeder would have been treated if he relegated us and said he was staying on this season ? why should Mr billy big bollocks get treated any different ??
[/quote]

and thats not the boards fault for 1. hiring him and 2 sticking with him then?

no matter how much you try and blame Bryan its always going to come back to the board

jas :)

Gunn claims to have whats best for the club at heart (utter rubbish) if that was the case he would have walked away , you cannot appoint somebody who does not want the job. Gunn also believes he has the backing of the City fans , well thats hardly the case is it . Its a two way fault the Board for offering him the job and Gunn for being arrogant enough to think hes the man for it.

I heard from a very very good source all is not right with the dream team, Gunns appointment not met with all round approval, look for a split within months.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I heard from a very very good source all is not right with the dream team, Gunns appointment not met with all round approval, look for a split within months.[/quote]

I was told that Crook was expecting to be the next manager,again all just rumours!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]I heard from a very very good source all is not right with the dream team, Gunns appointment not met with all round approval, look for a split within months.[/quote]

I was told that Crook was expecting to be the next manager,again all just rumours!!

[/quote]

He can sod off back to Australia if he doesn''t like it!

What concerns me is that IF this proved to be true (and I am pretty convinced we have had decent applicants), is not that we turned down Ince or Adams, but that if the calibre of "name" has enquired, then who else has and been turned away?It strikes me that the board decide on the safest, cosiest choice regardless of footballing pedigree,and its beginning to make me sick.And yeah I to have heard the "Gunny" is not quite a nice old boy as people think, and the Crook thought he was getting the job.So it stinks to high heaven, and I give it ten games before things REALLY explode down Carra way.

Talking to my niece about all this earlier this afternoon she was telling me she had a bad experience with nice Mr. Gunn a year or so ago when she worked at the One rail call centre on Prince Of Wales Road. He rang to book a train ticket for the next day and demanded that she took the ticket to him at Carrow Road. Having explained to him that they didn''t deliver tickets but if he wanted to pick it up from their office that would be fine he gave her a mouthful of verbals which culminated in ''do you know who I am?'' to which replied quite truthfully that she didn''t. He then demanded to speak to her manager who, not surprisingly, gave him the same response as my niece had. Some time later in the day a rather sheepish Mr. Gunn arrived to collect his ticket.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Talking to my niece about all this earlier this afternoon she was telling me she had a bad experience with nice Mr. Gunn a year or so ago when she worked at the One rail call centre on Prince Of Wales Road. He rang to book a train ticket for the next day and demanded that she took the ticket to him at Carrow Road. Having explained to him that they didn''t deliver tickets but if he wanted to pick it up from their office that would be fine he gave her a mouthful of verbals which culminated in ''do you know who I am?'' to which replied quite truthfully that she didn''t. He then demanded to speak to her manager who, not surprisingly, gave him the same response as my niece had. Some time later in the day a rather sheepish Mr. Gunn arrived to collect his ticket.[/quote]

A few people seem to have had the ''do you know who I am?'' treatment.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Talking to my niece about all this earlier this afternoon she was telling me she had a bad experience with nice Mr. Gunn a year or so ago when she worked at the One rail call centre on Prince Of Wales Road. He rang to book a train ticket for the next day and demanded that she took the ticket to him at Carrow Road. Having explained to him that they didn''t deliver tickets but if he wanted to pick it up from their office that would be fine he gave her a mouthful of verbals which culminated in ''do you know who I am?'' to which replied quite truthfully that she didn''t. He then demanded to speak to her manager who, not surprisingly, gave him the same response as my niece had. Some time later in the day a rather sheepish Mr. Gunn arrived to collect his ticket.[/quote]Hardly surprising. The guy is only here to boost his own ego and raise his own profile. Sooner he gets lost the better.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

am i the only person on this board perpared to give Gunny a chance?

sad times indeed.

[/quote]   I will give him a chance , A chance to make the team his own and take us up at the first attempt.

sad times indeed.

[/quote]

I''m with you on this one mate he deserves a chance and a bit of support

sad times indeed.

[/quote] Am with you on this mate. Some of the abuse he is getting on here is pathetic! Let him make the team his own then judge him.

sad times indeed.

[/quote]It seems like it.Plus, it''s funny how all this Gunn''s an ''arrogant'' ''egotistical'' and whatever other comments come out from all the people who aren''t happy with his appointment. Never said that before? I''m not happy with the appointment but i will give him a chance. I''ve met and spoke to him a couple of times as many others on this forum have - and he is none of these insults which people keep waving about pathetically in hope that a couple of gullable fans will agree with them.

sad times indeed.

[/quote]

I am quite suprised at the stance you have taken Jas.....until now I have often agreed with your point of view. He has had his chance...and failed so badly ...if he had the club''s interest at heart he would walk .

ince would''ve been nice but probably a bit pricey, got the experience of lower leagues bit late now mind