Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Your ideal (and realistic) team for next year?

Rudd

Spillaine Doherty Clarke Drury

Saunders Clingan Noble Hoolahan

Graham Clarke

Subs: McDonald, Austin, Martin, Smith, Lee

you cant play clarke in 2 places!!!!! [:P]mine:                             tylermurty            doherty       stefanovic (c)    drury/berti

smith            clingan        spillane      Coke/lappin

lee            mcdonaldsubs: rudd, martin, dumic, daley, pattison,

HahnemannOtsemabor (With a mahusive kick up his arse) Doherty Shackell Drury (If fit)Smith Clinghan Spillane Hoolahan          Lee McDonaldSubs: Rudd, *New defensive signing (cant think who)* Adeyemi Pattison Cureton

"missing in action?"mine:                             tylermurty            doherty       stefanovic (c)    drury/berti

smith            clingan        spillane      Coke/lappin

lee            mcdonaldsubs: rudd, martin, dumic, daley, pattison,
clingan won''t stay and there''s no way we''ll have betrand next year aswell. i reckon------------Dean Brill------------Mark Bradley---doc------stef-----Nathan Ashtonsmith----adyemi--spillane---Neil Taylor----------lee---mcdonald----------

-----------------Rudd---------------------Murty--Doherty--Stefanovic--Drury--Smith--Clingan--Spillane--Hoolahan-----------Lee----McDonald------------Subs: Tyler (GK), Duberry, Adeyemi, Daley, Martin

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]-----------------Rudd---------------------Murty--Doherty--Stefanovic--Drury--Smith--Clingan--Spillane--Hoolahan-----------Lee----McDonald------------Subs: Tyler (GK), Duberry, Adeyemi, Daley, Martin[/quote]clingan and hoolahan won''t be here

Matthew GilksJon Otsemobor - Gary Doherty - Dejan Stefanovic - Jim McNulty                  Lee Croft - Sammy Clingan - Darren Huckerby                                     Wes Hoolahan                                  Leroy Lita - Alan LeeSubs from :Declan Rudd - Giles Coke - Cody McDonald - Korey Smith - Michael Spillane - Tom Adeyemi - Adam Drury - Sam Habergham - Chris Martin - Carl Cort - Jamie Cureton - Simon Lappin - Carl Fletcher - Sergio Torres (?)=It was by the flip of the coin that i chose Gilks above Tyler. Overall though the former may be the better appointment as he is recognised as a very influential character despite not being 38, and he still has the years on him to improve as a keeper (of which he is already a very capable one).Otsemobor may be very effective in League One. Hoping for a change of attitude, but if i''m being honest i''m struggling to think of a proper replacement. Andy Hughes maybe?Dejan and Gary are good Championship centre backs, so it would seem a waste not to use either in League One.McNulty is a quality player for Brighton, and well worth trying to buy, despite currently sufferring from an injury.With Lee Croft, who knows? Maybe he loved it here all along, and isn''t willing to give it up on it.... Long shot, i know, but not beyond reason.With Sammy Clingan we can just hope, and needless to say that if he stays he would go straight into the first team.Lets keep hoping Huckerby comes, because i honestly feel he still has it in him to make a good impression at Norwich on a second return. If we remove our snobbery towards the Major League, then we can probably admit that it does just about reach League One standard. And even if it doesn''t, Darren has still shown he can be a useful asset with a host of goals and assists over there. I''m confident he''s capable, and in my opinion i still think League One football is a little below his level. His influence on the team and his passion for success at Norwich would also be priceless.If Wes does stay then he could really be useful in the space behind the strikers. The physique in League One is a challenge (Lee could cover that, and if not him, Cort or Martin), but the marking is most certainly not. If Wes plays in that role, he''ll easily be delivering deadly balls to major fast and attacking threats in Hucks, Daley, Croft, Lita, McDonald or even Smith. I reckon if he performed in this role we could take the title, because it would be just so effecive at this level of football in ripping teams to shreds, and with such pace in other players to support it.It would be crminal if we don''t sign Lee. Fire, passion, great ability in the air, and exactly the type of man we need up front. If he isn''t signed, as far as i''m concerned, it''d already be the first nail in Gunns coffin as manager this season.With Lita theres a bit of dreaming involved, but Norwich is a lovely city, the facilites did make a big impression on him, wages would not be a problem seeing as they never have been here, and the crowds bring shame in both size and atmosphere to Reading of which he admitted he loves. Still admittedly a long shot though, but if the bookies tip us as favourites, and interest in him isn''t too high, i''d like to think we have a shot.

[quote user="John"]                                      Matthew Gilks

Jon Otsemobor - Gary Doherty - Dejan Stefanovic - Jim McNulty

Lee Croft - Sammy Clingan - Darren Huckerby

Wes Hoolahan

Leroy Lita - Alan Lee

Subs from :

Declan Rudd - Giles Coke - Cody McDonald - Korey Smith - Michael Spillane - Tom Adeyemi - Adam Drury - Sam Habergham - Chris Martin - Carl Cort - Jamie Cureton - Simon Lappin - Carl Fletcher - Sergio Torres (?)

=

It was by the flip of the coin that i chose Gilks above Tyler. Overall though the former may be the better appointment as he is recognised as a very influential character despite not being 38, and he still has the years on him to improve as a keeper (of which he is already a very capable one).

Otsemobor may be very effective in League One. Hoping for a change of attitude, but if i''m being honest i''m struggling to think of a proper replacement. Andy Hughes maybe?

Dejan and Gary are good Championship centre backs, so it would seem a waste not to use either in League One.

McNulty is a quality player for Brighton, and well worth trying to buy, despite currently sufferring from an injury.

With Lee Croft, who knows? Maybe he loved it here all along, and isn''t willing to give it up on it.... Long shot, i know, but not beyond reason.

With Sammy Clingan we can just hope, and needless to say that if he stays he would go straight into the first team.

Lets keep hoping Huckerby comes, because i honestly feel he still has it in him to make a good impression at Norwich on a second return. If we remove our snobbery towards the Major League, then we can probably admit that it does just about reach League One standard. And even if it doesn''t, Darren has still shown he can be a useful asset with a host of goals and assists over there. I''m confident he''s capable, and in my opinion i still think League One football is a little below his level. His influence on the team and his passion for success at Norwich would also be priceless.

If Wes does stay then he could really be useful in the space behind the strikers. The physique in League One is a challenge (Lee could cover that, and if not him, Cort or Martin), but the marking is most certainly not. If Wes plays in that role, he''ll easily be delivering deadly balls to major fast and attacking threats in Hucks, Daley, Croft, Lita, McDonald or even Smith. I reckon if he performed in this role we could take the title, because it would be just so effecive at this level of football in ripping teams to shreds, and with such pace in other players to support it.

It would be crminal if we don''t sign Lee. Fire, passion, great ability in the air, and exactly the type of man we need up front. If he isn''t signed, as far as i''m concerned, it''d already be the first nail in Gunns coffin as manager this season.

With Lita theres a bit of dreaming involved, but Norwich is a lovely city, the facilites did make a big impression on him, wages would not be a problem seeing as they never have been here, and the crowds bring shame in both size and atmosphere to Reading of which he admitted he loves. Still admittedly a long shot though, but if the bookies tip us as favourites, and interest in him isn''t too high, i''d like to think we have a shot.
[/quote]

croft is leaving end of story,the fat greedy knob has made that very clear. as for lita interest will be sky high every club in the championship will be trying to sign him so we have absolutely no chance there

[quote user="John"]                                      Matthew Gilks

Jon Otsemobor - Gary Doherty - Dejan Stefanovic - Jim McNulty

Lee Croft - Sammy Clingan - Darren Huckerby

Wes Hoolahan

Leroy Lita - Alan Lee

Subs from :

Declan Rudd - Giles Coke - Cody McDonald - Korey Smith - Michael Spillane - Tom Adeyemi - Adam Drury - Sam Habergham - Chris Martin - Carl Cort - Jamie Cureton - Simon Lappin - Carl Fletcher - Sergio Torres (?)

=

It was by the flip of the coin that i chose Gilks above Tyler. Overall though the former may be the better appointment as he is recognised as a very influential character despite not being 38, and he still has the years on him to improve as a keeper (of which he is already a very capable one).

Otsemobor may be very effective in League One. Hoping for a change of attitude, but if i''m being honest i''m struggling to think of a proper replacement. Andy Hughes maybe?

Dejan and Gary are good Championship centre backs, so it would seem a waste not to use either in League One.

McNulty is a quality player for Brighton, and well worth trying to buy, despite currently sufferring from an injury.

With Lee Croft, who knows? Maybe he loved it here all along, and isn''t willing to give it up on it.... Long shot, i know, but not beyond reason.

With Sammy Clingan we can just hope, and needless to say that if he stays he would go straight into the first team.

Lets keep hoping Huckerby comes, because i honestly feel he still has it in him to make a good impression at Norwich on a second return. If we remove our snobbery towards the Major League, then we can probably admit that it does just about reach League One standard. And even if it doesn''t, Darren has still shown he can be a useful asset with a host of goals and assists over there. I''m confident he''s capable, and in my opinion i still think League One football is a little below his level. His influence on the team and his passion for success at Norwich would also be priceless.

If Wes does stay then he could really be useful in the space behind the strikers. The physique in League One is a challenge (Lee could cover that, and if not him, Cort or Martin), but the marking is most certainly not. If Wes plays in that role, he''ll easily be delivering deadly balls to major fast and attacking threats in Hucks, Daley, Croft, Lita, McDonald or even Smith. I reckon if he performed in this role we could take the title, because it would be just so effecive at this level of football in ripping teams to shreds, and with such pace in other players to support it.

It would be crminal if we don''t sign Lee. Fire, passion, great ability in the air, and exactly the type of man we need up front. If he isn''t signed, as far as i''m concerned, it''d already be the first nail in Gunns coffin as manager this season.

With Lita theres a bit of dreaming involved, but Norwich is a lovely city, the facilites did make a big impression on him, wages would not be a problem seeing as they never have been here, and the crowds bring shame in both size and atmosphere to Reading of which he admitted he loves. Still admittedly a long shot though, but if the bookies tip us as favourites, and interest in him isn''t too high, i''d like to think we have a shot.
[/quote]

Great post buddy, comepletely agree with the lot of it.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="John"]                                      Matthew GilksJon Otsemobor - Gary Doherty - Dejan Stefanovic - Jim McNulty                  Lee Croft - Sammy Clingan - Darren Huckerby                                     Wes Hoolahan                                  Leroy Lita - Alan LeeSubs from :Declan Rudd - Giles Coke - Cody McDonald - Korey Smith - Michael Spillane - Tom Adeyemi - Adam Drury - Sam Habergham - Chris Martin - Carl Cort - Jamie Cureton - Simon Lappin - Carl Fletcher - Sergio Torres (?)=It was by the flip of the coin that i chose Gilks above Tyler. Overall though the former may be the better appointment as he is recognised as a very influential character despite not being 38, and he still has the years on him to improve as a keeper (of which he is already a very capable one).Otsemobor may be very effective in League One. Hoping for a change of attitude, but if i''m being honest i''m struggling to think of a proper replacement. Andy Hughes maybe?Dejan and Gary are good Championship centre backs, so it would seem a waste not to use either in League One.McNulty is a quality player for Brighton, and well worth trying to buy, despite currently sufferring from an injury.With Lee Croft, who knows? Maybe he loved it here all along, and isn''t willing to give it up on it.... Long shot, i know, but not beyond reason.With Sammy Clingan we can just hope, and needless to say that if he stays he would go straight into the first team.Lets keep hoping Huckerby comes, because i honestly feel he still has it in him to make a good impression at Norwich on a second return. If we remove our snobbery towards the Major League, then we can probably admit that it does just about reach League One standard. And even if it doesn''t, Darren has still shown he can be a useful asset with a host of goals and assists over there. I''m confident he''s capable, and in my opinion i still think League One football is a little below his level. His influence on the team and his passion for success at Norwich would also be priceless.If Wes does stay then he could really be useful in the space behind the strikers. The physique in League One is a challenge (Lee could cover that, and if not him, Cort or Martin), but the marking is most certainly not. If Wes plays in that role, he''ll easily be delivering deadly balls to major fast and attacking threats in Hucks, Daley, Croft, Lita, McDonald or even Smith. I reckon if he performed in this role we could take the title, because it would be just so effecive at this level of football in ripping teams to shreds, and with such pace in other players to support it.It would be crminal if we don''t sign Lee. Fire, passion, great ability in the air, and exactly the type of man we need up front. If he isn''t signed, as far as i''m concerned, it''d already be the first nail in Gunns coffin as manager this season.With Lita theres a bit of dreaming involved, but Norwich is a lovely city, the facilites did make a big impression on him, wages would not be a problem seeing as they never have been here, and the crowds bring shame in both size and atmosphere to Reading of which he admitted he loves. Still admittedly a long shot though, but if the bookies tip us as favourites, and interest in him isn''t too high, i''d like to think we have a shot.[/quote]

Great post buddy, comepletely agree with the lot of it.

[/quote]Cheers mate [Y]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="John"]                                      Matthew GilksJon Otsemobor - Gary Doherty - Dejan Stefanovic - Jim McNulty                  Lee Croft - Sammy Clingan - Darren Huckerby                                     Wes Hoolahan                                  Leroy Lita - Alan LeeSubs from :Declan Rudd - Giles Coke - Cody McDonald - Korey Smith - Michael Spillane - Tom Adeyemi - Adam Drury - Sam Habergham - Chris Martin - Carl Cort - Jamie Cureton - Simon Lappin - Carl Fletcher - Sergio Torres (?)=It was by the flip of the coin that i chose Gilks above Tyler. Overall though the former may be the better appointment as he is recognised as a very influential character despite not being 38, and he still has the years on him to improve as a keeper (of which he is already a very capable one).Otsemobor may be very effective in League One. Hoping for a change of attitude, but if i''m being honest i''m struggling to think of a proper replacement. Andy Hughes maybe?Dejan and Gary are good Championship centre backs, so it would seem a waste not to use either in League One.McNulty is a quality player for Brighton, and well worth trying to buy, despite currently sufferring from an injury.With Lee Croft, who knows? Maybe he loved it here all along, and isn''t willing to give it up on it.... Long shot, i know, but not beyond reason.With Sammy Clingan we can just hope, and needless to say that if he stays he would go straight into the first team.Lets keep hoping Huckerby comes, because i honestly feel he still has it in him to make a good impression at Norwich on a second return. If we remove our snobbery towards the Major League, then we can probably admit that it does just about reach League One standard. And even if it doesn''t, Darren has still shown he can be a useful asset with a host of goals and assists over there. I''m confident he''s capable, and in my opinion i still think League One football is a little below his level. His influence on the team and his passion for success at Norwich would also be priceless.If Wes does stay then he could really be useful in the space behind the strikers. The physique in League One is a challenge (Lee could cover that, and if not him, Cort or Martin), but the marking is most certainly not. If Wes plays in that role, he''ll easily be delivering deadly balls to major fast and attacking threats in Hucks, Daley, Croft, Lita, McDonald or even Smith. I reckon if he performed in this role we could take the title, because it would be just so effecive at this level of football in ripping teams to shreds, and with such pace in other players to support it.It would be crminal if we don''t sign Lee. Fire, passion, great ability in the air, and exactly the type of man we need up front. If he isn''t signed, as far as i''m concerned, it''d already be the first nail in Gunns coffin as manager this season.With Lita theres a bit of dreaming involved, but Norwich is a lovely city, the facilites did make a big impression on him, wages would not be a problem seeing as they never have been here, and the crowds bring shame in both size and atmosphere to Reading of which he admitted he loves. Still admittedly a long shot though, but if the bookies tip us as favourites, and interest in him isn''t too high, i''d like to think we have a shot.[/quote]

croft is leaving end of story,the fat greedy knob has made that very clear. as for lita interest will be sky high every club in the championship will be trying to sign him so we have absolutely no chance there

[/quote]For the most part i agree with you. However they are not neccessarily beyond reason as potential targets to have within the side next season just yet. Until they have signed a contract at another club, anything can happen, and to tell you the truth, much more wierd things have happened in football.However, don''t worry, i see what your getting at, and i feel, as all do they are both assets of which are admittedly long, long, long, long shots of which we''d hope to have to fied next season.

Some of these teams are rather fanciful.Huckerby will not return in a playing capacity, IMO. Not fit enough.Clingan, Croft and Hoolahan will all be off. I doubt Otsemobor, Curo and Pattison will be here either. Would be surprised if Drury and Stefanovic are still at the club because of their wages. I highly suspect they''ll be told to find a new club. Doherty and Rusty will, IMO, remain.I highly suspect the team will be:RuddSpillane     Doc      ????      ????Smith       ????       Rusty     ????????        CodyWith ???? obviously replaced by new signings.

[quote user="CT "]Does anyone know when the transfer window opens?[/quote]Well seeing as Marshall is now a Cardiff player I''d suspect the window is already open.

This is what I''d like,

Experienced Goalie

Spillane - Shacks - Doc - Drury

R/winger - Clingan - Rusty - Hucks

Lee - Cody

Not sure if Spillane plays right back though and doubt if Clingan will stay or that Shacks will play in League 1 (although he''s a good friend of Hucks so that might help) Assuming Hoolahan will be gone.

Because this club is poorly administered, the realistic options where bolstering/building a depleted squad is concerned lies in the lower Divisions. Realistically we''re looking at freebies (or as near as damn it) on minimal wages, and a bit of cohesion for a team wouldn''t go awry - so with ''cheap'' and cohesion, by way of bringing a team together, and one that we actually own, I would suggest pursuing the likes of Kevin Nicholls, George Pilkington, Ed Asafu-Adjaye and ASA HALL of non-league Luton to join up with Spillane & Martin and rekindle the spirit that witnessed said players battle bravely against a 30 point deficit and beat Championship bound Scunthorpe in the Trophy Final.

[quote user="CT "]Does anyone know when the transfer window opens?
[/quote]

For NCFC? Two days before the new season kicks-off.....(Nobody does business before then).