Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Why Gunn Could Be A Success

Theres no reason why Gunn cant be successful next season. He''s a an ex pro starting his career in management. He will have gained some experience from last season, and we can only hope that he is a fast learner.All the top managers started somewhere, and whilst i would have much preferred someone with experience, its not automatic that Gunn will fail. He might grow into being a good manager, who knows.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Theres no reason why Gunn cant be successful next season. He''s a an ex pro starting his career in management. He will have gained some experience from last season, and we can only hope that he is a fast learner.All the top managers started somewhere, and whilst i would have much preferred someone with experience, its not automatic that Gunn will fail. He might grow into being a good manager, who knows. [/quote]If he did, would you think it was an inspired choice, or a lucky one (a la Worthington)?

Definitley lucky because Gunn has been appointed for one reason and one reason only. Money. He''s cheap, we no longer have the cash to finance deals for the likes of Rioch, Roeder and the like.Its gonna be tesco value all the way from now on. Cheap managment team, cheap players from the lower leagues. No money spent on loans, so you can forget about Prem reserve players. We''ll be lucky to even get Championship reserves so forget about players like Mooney and Lita.

I completely agree, the ingredients are there. It''s just I personally wouldn''t have taken a punt on a unknown. But as loyal fan I will support the big man through thick and thin, I just hope that in November we sack him and by that point it''s too late for automatic promotion and then we become a league one team. That''s my greatest fear, I hope it''s unproven and everything comes together, but I can see it, I can also see the board being happy with us lingering anything above 10th. Play offs wouldn''t bother Delia.

I just think that theres no reason why Gunn cant grow into the job. Everyone has to start somewhere. Ince didnt have any experience, nor did Keane or Martinez. All started well in there careers.

No, but can we afford to give him the time? That''s my main point. I''m looking to bounce back straight away, and the time that he needs if we do realise he''s crap we sack him and it''ll too late, we''ll have to wait another season while the club bleeds money, and loses money from loss of season tickets, shirt sales etc etc.

[quote user="Barclayman"]I just think that theres no reason why Gunn cant grow into the job. Everyone has to start somewhere. Ince didnt have any experience, nor did Keane or Martinez. All started well in there careers.[/quote]I hope you''re not suggesting Gunn started well in his career...

The fact is, picking Gunn as manager is a big big gamble. The board say they want to get back in the championship as soon as possible, so they put a complete novice in charge! In the 19 games Gunn has already had, he has one of the worst records so far in our history! The board are gambling on Gunn yet again, just like they did with Peter Grant! Why should a club the size of Norwich be gambling on novice manager''s??  Gunn is NOT a manager! 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclayman"]I just think that theres no reason why Gunn cant grow into the job. Everyone has to start somewhere. Ince didnt have any experience, nor did Keane or Martinez. All started well in there careers.[/quote]I hope you''re not suggesting Gunn started well in his career... [/quote]Er...no.I suggested that Ince, Keane and Martinez all had no experience and they did all started there careers well.

[quote user="Barclayman "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclayman"]I just think that theres no reason why Gunn cant grow into the job. Everyone has to start somewhere. Ince didnt have any experience, nor did Keane or Martinez. All started well in there careers.[/quote]I hope you''re not suggesting Gunn started well in his career... [/quote]Er...no.I suggested that Ince, Keane and Martinez all had no experience and they did all started there careers well.[/quote]So how is that relevant to a man who has no experience and has started his career disastrously?

Cheese and Biscuits has been a failure. We could of easily stayed up last season - he had enough games to do that, but not enough of the players were playing for him. His appointment is one of the worst in modern football and shows how naive this club is. League 2 here we come.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Theres no reason why Gunn cant be successful next season. He''s a an ex pro starting his career in management. He will have gained some experience from last season, and we can only hope that he is a fast learner.

All the top managers started somewhere, and whilst i would have much preferred someone with experience, its not automatic that Gunn will fail. He might grow into being a good manager, who knows.
[/quote]

Name me one top manager who started his career by getting a team relegated?

One thing will always be in the way of any manager here, And that is DELIA, as long as we have her here we have no chance of success,

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Theres no reason why Gunn cant be successful next season. He''s a an ex pro starting his career in management. He will have gained some experience from last season, and we can only hope that he is a fast learner.All the top managers started somewhere, and whilst i would have much preferred someone with experience, its not automatic that Gunn will fail. He might grow into being a good manager, who knows. [/quote]

Name me one top manager who started his career by getting a team relegated?

[/quote]Bobby Robson took Fulham down during his first season of management. [Y] Also Arsene Wenger relegated Nancy within two or three years of being manager. Again, his first job.

Barclayman (your Carrow Road SuperHero) wrote the following post at 16/05/2009 12:54 AM:

Theres no reason why Gunn cant be successful next season. He''s a an ex pro starting his career in management. He will have gained some experience from last season, and we can only hope that he is a fast learner.

Surely he has already proved he is not a fast learner from the mistakes he made last season.

Remember Gunn is not the first manager to be promoted from the ranks at Carrow rd Ashman,Stringer, Walker to mention a few and they did alright. What are the qualities of Gunn. Football, involved all his life. great back stopper with every opportunity to study form and style. Community involvement elected Sheriff of the City of Norwich. Organizational skills founded a major health research facility. He has clearly demonstrated that he has leadership and management potential, with the ability to communicate and inspire. Give the man a chance to put right misguided actions of his predecessor. The chairman at St Andrews Hall remarked the club was going through its darkest hour and this theme has been taken up by many of the passionate but moaning posters. Two seasons running just after the second world war we had to apply for re election to the league its self. Those were our darkest hours and we survived then and recovered, with a team largely made up of young unknowns. Who is to say it will not happen again

[quote user="hardley"]Remember Gunn is not the first manager to be promoted from the ranks at Carrow rd Ashman,Stringer, Walker to mention a few and they did alright. What are the qualities of Gunn. Football, involved all his life. great back stopper with every opportunity to study form and style. Community involvement elected Sheriff of the City of Norwich. Organizational skills founded a major health research facility. He has clearly demonstrated that he has leadership and management potential, with the ability to communicate and inspire. Give the man a chance to put right misguided actions of his predecessor. The chairman at St Andrews Hall remarked the club was going through its darkest hour and this theme has been taken up by many of the passionate but moaning posters. Two seasons running just after the second world war we had to apply for re election to the league its self. Those were our darkest hours and we survived then and recovered, with a team largely made up of young unknowns. Who is to say it will not happen again[/quote]

Lightning never strikes in the ame place twice.

Do you know what Wiz.I reckon if you phoned the Samaritans they''d hang up on you.I''ve never read a post or reply from you that was positive.By the way, to save you searching, many of mine are pointless, banal and inarticulate (just to save you researching). Some however, are positive.

[quote user="Messiah"]Do you know what Wiz.

I reckon if you phoned the Samaritans they''d hang up on you.

I''ve never read a post or reply from you that was positive.

By the way, to save you searching, many of mine are pointless, banal and inarticulate (just to save you researching). Some however, are positive.
[/quote]

Oh my positive posts are out there Messiah, ask ''wirehead'' to help you search for them..............he''s good at that sort of thing! [img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]

Gunn could be a success , sure he could if he turned his hand to working in a factory somewhere just a shame he has opted to finish off a mortally wounded football club.