Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Has Marshall's sale financed Doncasters payoff?

Well, the release said he "stepped down" - which should mean he resigned. Which should mean he gets no redundancy pay.

Does he get a payoff? Considering he resigned! I only thought he''d get a payoff if he was asked to leave! I''m probably wrong tho!

was doncaster on a long contract ? i didn`t think you had to pay off a failed employee unless they had a contract like a footballer or manager ? 

[quote user="pennywise "]was doncaster on a long contract ? i didn`t think you had to pay off a failed employee unless they had a contract like a footballer or manager ? [/quote]

Wasn''t severence pay mentioned?

As I understand it is if you resign all you get is your 4 weeks holiday pay and 4 weeks salary but he is a lawer so he probably screwed more out of the club than we will ever know

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

£300.0000 was his alledged payoff, and the club is vitually broke..............so?

[/quote]Where did you read this alleged pay-off?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

£300.0000 was his alledged payoff, and the club is vitually broke..............so?

[/quote]

Where did you read this alleged pay-off?
[/quote]

On Offy site.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

[/quote]Where did you read this alleged pay-off?[/quote]

On Offy site.

[/quote]Link?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

On Offy site.

[/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

Its on their message board.........sign up for it![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

[/quote]Where did you read this alleged pay-off?[/quote]

On Offy site.

[/quote]Link?[/quote]

[/quote]I can''t be bothered. If you''re gonna come on here and allege something, perhaps your argument would look a bit stronger if you posted the ''evidence'' you have?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

On Offy site.

[/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t be bothered. If you''re gonna come on here and allege something, perhaps your argument would look a bit stronger if you posted the ''evidence'' you have?
[/quote]

No, what you really mean is you''re too tight to pay for it!

Although I don''t blame you, I''m letting my subscription on there run out now.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Simple enough question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

On Offy site.

[/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t be bothered. If you''re gonna come on here and allege something, perhaps your argument would look a bit stronger if you posted the ''evidence'' you have?
[/quote]

No, what you really mean is you''re too tight to pay for it!

Although I don''t blame you, I''m letting my subscription on there run out now.

You don''t have to pay/subscribe to use the message board on the Official site.

It''s free - like this one.

I think you''ll find the Chief Executives of most football clubs are on the same sort of deal as the managers - if you want to get rid of them you have to pay them off. When Liverpool and Parry parted company I read that they had to pay him a year''s salary as a pay-off. I would expect Doncaster, as a lawyer, would have made sure he was on the same sort of deal. Remarkable co-incidence that Marshall was sold in a hurry on the same day? Quite possibly not. The actual words used in the leaving statement are meaningless quite frankly and may well have been used deliberately to make us think there was no pay-off but my flabber will be ghasted if there wasn''t.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I think you''ll find the Chief Executives of most football clubs are on the same sort of deal as the managers - if you want to get rid of them you have to pay them off. When Liverpool and Parry parted company I read that they had to pay him a year''s salary as a pay-off. I would expect Doncaster, as a lawyer, would have made sure he was on the same sort of deal. Remarkable co-incidence that Marshall was sold in a hurry on the same day? Quite possibly not. The actual words used in the leaving statement are meaningless quite frankly and may well have been used deliberately to make us think there was no pay-off but my flabber will be ghasted if there wasn''t.[/quote]

Do you think it will have to be stated in the accounts, or will it be carefully hidden away in those enormous "other expenses"?

Surely he was on a rolling 12 months contract which means he was entitled to 12 months salary £180k, if we asked him to leave?

[quote user="Metatron"]You don''t have to pay/subscribe to use the message board on the Official site. It''s free - like this one.[/quote]

Sorry, I thought it was subscription based...........like Canaries World.