Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Come on Cambridge!!!

I went to school with Robbie Willmott, youngster for Cambridge now starting to make an impact in the first team, would be great for the city to get back into the Football League.

I really cant believe how far we''ve fallen. Below Scum and Peterboro'', in the same league as MK Dons, Southend and Colchester.Next year we''ll only be a league above Northampton, poss Cambs Utd. We are bigger than all of the other league 1 teams and the league 2- yet we''re so close to them :(

Always had a soft spot for the U''s, hopefully they will do the business today.We could soon be playing them in the league for the first time ever, didn''t think I''d ever see that happening a few seasons ago.

[quote user="CT "]I really cant believe how far we''ve fallen.

Below Scum and Peterboro'', in the same league as MK Dons, Southend and Colchester.

Next year we''ll only be a league above Northampton, poss Cambs Utd.

We are bigger than all of the other league 1 teams and the league 2- yet we''re so close to them :(
[/quote]

Bigger than Leeds too? We are not and never have been a big club. Just because we get 25000 people, which we should as we are the only profesional team in Norfolk.

Below Scum and Peterboro'', in the same league as MK Dons, Southend and Colchester.

We are bigger than all of the other league 1 teams and the league 2- yet we''re so close to them :(
[/quote]

Bigger than Leeds too? We are not and never have been a big club. Just because we get 25000 people, which we should as we are the only profesional team in Norfolk.

Well then you should have put all the other EAST ANGLIAN league 1 teams and the league 2[:^)]

[/quote]

You spent all of the 1950''s trying to get out of the Third Division and finally made it in 1959-60.  At one time I think you were bottom of the League and had to apply to be readmitted.  Certainly you were firmly there when I first saw a Norwich team.

Unfortunately, I also remember Division 3 . I also recall playing ''The Cobblers'' in the League- only too well- I spent most of the game with my parents and sister dodging the bricks, lumps of concrete and milk bottles they were throwing at us in the River End!Funny thing is, I can never remember the police being much help on those occasions...I do remember though, my neighbour, who was a magistrate, complaining that she had caught the police witnesses lying when they were prosecuting Norwich fans for allegedly causing trouble in the Barclay. Apparently most of the magistrates took the police evidence as gospel and simply ignored the fans''s defence!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="CT "]I really cant believe how far we''ve fallen. Below Scum and Peterboro'', in the same league as MK Dons, Southend and Colchester.Next year we''ll only be a league above Northampton, poss Cambs Utd. We are bigger than all of the other league 1 teams and the league 2- yet we''re so close to them :([/quote]

[/quote]

And to think people still supporting delia''s tenure.......total joke!

Well, I suppose, one decent thing to come out of her reign is the fact she added 10k people to the stadium.