Sign in to follow this  
Big Chief

Wearing the shirt with pride

I feel we need to lighten up a bit.   As I packed 3 Norwich shirts for my annual holiday in a few weeks time, I wondered where other canaries have felt the need to wear the shirt, or intend to in the future.  In the 80''s I was in Florida when an American approached me and asked to buy my shirt to add to his collection. I nearly agreed but then he admitted he had a scum shirt already. 

A few years ago I was roaming around the Greek island of Paros looking at Bronze Age archaeology when I bumped into a bloke in a bar with a City tattoo on his wrist. We proceeded to talk long into the night and got terribly, terribly drunk. Amazing stuff, especially since he barely spoke a word of the Queen''s. [Y]

[quote user="Big Chief"]I feel we need to lighten up a bit.   As I packed 3 Norwich shirts for my annual holiday in a few weeks time, I wondered where other canaries have felt the need to wear the shirt, or intend to in the future.  In the 80''s I was in Florida when an American approached me and asked to buy my shirt to add to his collection. I nearly agreed but then he admitted he had a scum shirt already. [/quote]

Why are you packing now if your holiday is in "a few weeks time"?

I always wear the shirt, with lots of pride! At the end of the day, Im from Norwich, and I support the club as I always have done, its pretty much a part of me, as you guys would probably say.....also its not a plastic Man U/chelsea/liverpool/arsenal shirt!!!!!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Big Chief"]I feel we need to lighten up a bit.   As I packed 3 Norwich shirts for my annual holiday in a few weeks time, I wondered where other canaries have felt the need to wear the shirt, or intend to in the future.  In the 80''s I was in Florida when an American approached me and asked to buy my shirt to add to his collection. I nearly agreed but then he admitted he had a scum shirt already. [/quote]

Why are you packing now if your holiday is in "a few weeks time"?

[/quote]

Lucky he''s having holiday, if i could afford one id be packing 3 weeks early as well!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]I always wear the shirt, with lots of pride! At the end of the day, Im from Norwich, and I support the club as I always have done, its pretty much a part of me, as you guys would probably say.....also its not a plastic Man U/chelsea/liverpool/arsenal shirt!!!!![/quote]Same here. I wore my city shirt the tuesday after the sunday we got relegated. The monday was a bank holiday?Got loads of abuse at college that day, just came back every single time with ''city til i die'' chants. They didnt seem to understand.. being plastic supporters and all...