Sign in to follow this  
Disturbed

Fresh Start

So Gunn is the manager - and you all got to live with it so time to shut up.

No night in shining armour with loads of dosh is coming so Delia will still be there at start of season.

Thsi forum is over run with minority fanatics the same as the St Andrews meeting.

Next season will be so much fun and i am realy looking forward to it. My prediction is Norwich v Leeds play off final at wembley. This is something to wish for a saviour. Almost worth going down a deision to see.

Good luck Gunny boy.

No matter what we say or do, Gunn will remain as manager so we might as well get used to it. We should also get behind him 100% and give him a chance in league one. If he can find more lower league players with the heart and committment of Cody Mcdonald then we may be in with a shout.

[quote user="The Chief"]No matter what we say or do, Gunn will remain as manager so we might as well get used to it. We should also get behind him 100% and give him a chance in league one. If he can find more lower league players with the heart and committment of Cody Mcdonald then we may be in with a shout.[/quote]

Are you 2 club employees sent to raise the feel good factor on the site?

You are of course, 100% correct.A totally fresh start, new league and a new team.Just the small inconvinience of the manager who got us relegated in the first place and a boadroom with a decade of terrible decisions behind them.Oh dear.

Nothing at all to say we have to live with it , we can sing Gunn out just as easily as Worthy out or Roeder out , the sooner the clown that is Bryan Big Head Gunn departs this football club the better .

Oh yes and Delia said "whats the best way to run a small club," START WITH A BIG ONE, Stand together we will overcome they must all go

[quote user="Disturbed"]

No night in shining armour with loads of dosh is coming so Delia will still be there at start of season.

Thsi forum is over run with minority fanatics the same as the St Andrews meeting.

Next season will be so much fun and i am realy looking forward to it. My prediction is Norwich v Leeds play off final at wembley. This is something to wish for a saviour. Almost worth going down a deision to see.

Good luck Gunny boy.

[/quote]

I love the fact that fans like you who fail to see the obvious keep coming out with the same tired old rubbish,St Andrews NCISA meeting was for all fans to put their opinions across,and because only 6 fans backed Gunn that meens the place was full of pink un, Gunn outers,the age of fans ranged from about 14 to 70,there was shareholders, season ticket holders,members and just general fans,it wasn''t organised as a board or Gunn bashing meeting it was for all fans of all opinions to put across that opinion,lets face it Disturbed fans like you are fighting against the tied and just keep trying to come up with the same old excuses,excepting second best is a disease that will kill this club and i will not shut up, sit back and take it like you,i have a back bone and i am willing to fight for MY club!!!!

[quote user="The Chief"]No matter what we say or do, Gunn will remain as manager so we might as well get used to it. We should also get behind him 100% and give him a chance in league one. If he can find more lower league players with the heart and committment of Cody Mcdonald then we may be in with a shout.[/quote]

Why do we have to get used to it? if someone kept kicking you in the trolleys on a daily basis would you just say "oh well might as well get used to it"!!! Where''s your fight for god sake,don''t just accept the crap this Board keep dishing out,Fight for your club!!!!!!

[quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]Strange usage of ''you'' and not ''we''.[quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]

Not sure how many people are actually registered on this forum but most postings are made by a core of probably fewer than 50 regular posters from which a smaller ''hardcore'' of probably a dozen are consistently controversial and inciteful and that includes several pro-board posters.

You are obviously in denial if you believe that the 500 attendees at St Andrews hall last week are some kind of ''rent a rabble'' from the Pink ''Un messageboard, the attendance was likely ten times greater than one might have expected if that were true. You need to come to terms with the basic fact that more and more fans are disillusioned with the way the club has been run recently, this ''us and them'' and constant yet more and more spurious denials of the boards unpopularity suggests a trench mentality approach being adopted by the club, an approach which is doomed to failure.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Are you 2 club employees sent to raise the feel good factor on the site?

[/quote]

Either that or a pair of mentally insane patients from Rampton top security mental hospital......................no other explanation

[quote user="Disturbed"]

Good luck Gunny boy.

Disturbed,

I repeat below my reply to poster ''Grif'' on the ''Delia Out'' thread as it appears you have similar views to him. Interestingly Grif has now come round much more to my stance on The Cook issue (although not totally!). Lets have your view as well?

''Just try and be objective about this for a moment. I want The Smiths to resign from the Board but they are perfectly entitled to either retain or sell their shares as they think fit. They can simply step down from the decision making side of the business which would be a move welcomed by the overwhelming majority of fans I would suggest. That way they could step down with some dignity and respect left intact  which lets face it is diminishing fast as things stand right now.

They do NOT have to sell their shares for this simple move to happen. Jimmy Jone did exactly the same thing in late ''95 yet retained his 19% shareholding for some time thereafter. Would you be in favour of this if enough fans and influential pressure groups could meet wuth The Smiths and persuade them?  

Re your point about ...''''leaving the club on the verge of folding'', how could this happen? Only way I could see is if she still has loans with the club on a ''repayable on demand'' basis. I would certainly hope that none of the contracts were signed on those terms and, as we know, she has converted most of the loans to shares anyway''?  

[/quote]

[quote user="Disturbed"]

Good luck Gunny boy.

[/quote]Plus the previous quote:

This so much sounds and feels like deja vu. Just like when this club so pathetically surrendered it''s premiership status a few short years ago. As certain people went ''there, there poor old Norwich'' and patted themselves on the back in congratulations for so meek a surrender.

I suggest, wake up and smell the coffee. We carry on like we are within a few short seasons we could be seeing yet another relegation. Who else but the powers that be at Norwich City can put their confidence in failure.

I would love it to work out for Gunn & Co as I am a City fan. But this is not the time for such a gamble. The whole future of our club is being toyed with. When we were relegated from the Prem, change was needed, but the club just sat back and watched the rot set in and the whole thing fester. That''s where we are again, only much much deeper in it! 

[quote user="Disturbed"]

Good luck Gunny boy.

[/quote]

If my arse is sore I don''t just sit down and "live with it".... I seek treatment.

To sit down and let Smith and Gunn ruin the club yet further without question will simply be what the sheep have been doing for years.

You shut up I''m like a good little chappy and watch the slide..........

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Good luck Gunny boy.

[/quote]

If my arse is sore I don''t just sit down and "live with it".... I seek treatment.

To sit down and let Smith and Gunn ruin the club yet further without question will simply be what the sheep have been doing for years.

You shut up I''m like a good little chappy and watch the slide..........

[/quote]

So what have you done about it then?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]Strange usage of ''you'' and not ''we''.[quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]

Not sure how many people are actually registered on this forum but most postings are made by a core of probably fewer than 50 regular posters from which a smaller ''hardcore'' of probably a dozen are consistently controversial and inciteful and that includes several pro-board posters.

You are obviously in denial if you believe that the 500 attendees at St Andrews hall last week are some kind of ''rent a rabble'' from the Pink ''Un messageboard, the attendance was likely ten times greater than one might have expected if that were true. You need to come to terms with the basic fact that more and more fans are disillusioned with the way the club has been run recently, this ''us and them'' and constant yet more and more spurious denials of the boards unpopularity suggests a trench mentality approach being adopted by the club, an approach which is doomed to failure.

[/quote]I think by ''you'' he means the people who don''t accept that Gunn is in fact the manager.Could you please name the pro-board posters, because I can''t see any.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]You are of course, 100% correct.A totally fresh start, new league and a new team.Just the small inconvinience of the manager who got us relegated in the first place and a boadroom with a decade of terrible decisions behind them.Oh dear.[/quote]Well said!! dark days!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="ron obvious"]Could you please name the pro-board posters, because I can''t see any.

[/quote]Tom Cavendish, Happy Clappy there are others.[/quote]Tom Cavendish, OK. Happy Clapper/the Bumpkin family is a joke, as well you know (probably bored Ipswich fan(s)).So that''s one.Who else?

How many times must this be said. I am a supporter of the club, the team, not necessarily the board BUT the decision has been made!

Do you think the decision to appoint Bryan Gunn as manager will change before the season starts? If so, how?

Will the board say .. whoops we made a mistake we think we better appoint a different manager?

Of course not! As has been said ... wake up and smell the coffee.

I''m not saying the appointment could not have been better BUT IT HAS BEEN MADE AND IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Have we not got enough problems already without continual in-fighting? We have few players of any quality, we have too many players on ridiculously high wages who are poor, we have had no young players coming through our academy to be regular first team players for years, we have had no reserve team to give experience to the promising young players we do have, we somehow have to try to get the players that are left to change from being poor Championship players to reasonable League One players and all so, so  many people can do is say .... he shouldn''t be manager. Perhaps Gunny shouldn''t be manager ..... BUT HE IS.

Surely it is time for the negativity to stop. With all the other problems the club has now is the time for support, not criticism that will achieve nothing but make things worse. If you can''t help ... don''t hinder.

The only way things will change is by massive investment ..... is that really going to happen? If it does perhaps I will then be with you!

No its not the time for support it is time to let the Cook know her time is up that we will not stand anymore of her pathetic decisions , if going into administration gets rid of that evil woman then the sooner the better .

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]No its not the time for support it is time to let the Cook know her time is up that we will not stand anymore of her pathetic decisions , if going into administration gets rid of that evil woman then the sooner the better .
[/quote]

I really do think DS knows how most fans think, and the thing is, you can protest as much as you like, but if DS cant or dont want to sell, theres bugger all you can do about it, as you seam to forget, IT~S HER CLUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]No its not the time for support it is time to let the Cook know her time is up that we will not stand anymore of her pathetic decisions , if going into administration gets rid of that evil woman then the sooner the better . [/quote]

I really do think DS knows how most fans think, and the thing is, you can protest as much as you like, but if DS cant or dont want to sell, theres bugger all you can do about it, as you seam to forget, IT~S HER CLUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]Really? I had a feeling it was actually OUR club. Majority shareholders are only there by the grace of the fan-base - as a certain person once found out.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="bloodwagon"]

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]No its not the time for support it is time to let the Cook know her time is up that we will not stand anymore of her pathetic decisions , if going into administration gets rid of that evil woman then the sooner the better .
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I had a feeling it was actually OUR club. Majority shareholders are only there by the grace of the fan-base - as a certain person once found out.
[/quote]

Of course this isn''t true, the club belongs to the shareholders & those financial instituitions that have loaned the debt which has been securitised. What the fans own is the very essence (and I deliberately ignore the word brand) of Norwich City FC. It is possible that the club can be taken away from the fans either by the MK Dons/Wimbledon route or financial failure and liquidation. But the spririt will live on as long as the fans believe.

The two numpties at the top are completely wrong in suggesting things are great, as even the greatest Percy on here would not suggest. But they are right in this forum being a self selecting and somewhat extreme collection of views (fun isn''t it?). Equally the St Andrews Hall meeting only represents those with the time and inclination to turn up and have a group moan with no prospect of doing anything about it. But again that doesn''t make those views wrong in any sense.

Big Fish - without the supporters there is no club to own. I find it rather strange that as more people begin to sing from the same hymn sheet on this forum, so the accusations of extremism increase - surely the greater the number the less the extremism? What would you do to change our fortunes Big Fish?

I have the utmost respect for Gunn and I really want to see him succeed, however I do not believe that can happen with the current Board in place. They are abject failures who treat the club and its fans disgracefully. Today we are skint and we have hardly a decent player to call our own and this is totally their fault. We have had money, plenty of it but it has been spent very unwisely!