Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Who cares about croft??

"For the last three years every time a player has left his replacement has been of lower quality (Ashton - Earnie - Cureton "

Well, yes, of course it has.  When we bought Ashton we had Prem TV money, when we sold him we didn''t so we had to spend less on his replacement.  When we got Earnie we had the parachute payments, when we sold him we didn''t so his replacement had to be cheaper.

This is pretty obvious - when your income drops you have less to spend on players so they are likely to be of lower quality.  What is the alternative? 

It does scare me how totally out of touch with the real world some posters on here are.

[quote user="mr carra"]

"For the last three years every time a player has left his replacement has been of lower quality (Ashton - Earnie - Cureton "

Well, yes, of course it has.  When we bought Ashton we had Prem TV money, when we sold him we didn''t so we had to spend less on his replacement.  When we got Earnie we had the parachute payments, when we sold him we didn''t so his replacement had to be cheaper.

This is pretty obvious - when your income drops you have less to spend on players so they are likely to be of lower quality.  What is the alternative? 

It does scare me how totally out of touch with the real world some posters on here are.

[/quote]

Well thanks for pointing out how out of touch I am Carra. Maybe I need to point out that you dont seem able to read what is posted without mentally adding your own interpretation, even when it agrees with your own viewpoint.

I fully understand that as the clubs income falls we are likely to attract lower quality players, I never suggested otherwise. My point is that we are, through mismanagement, lossing Croft for nothing and because of that we will again be replacing him with a lower quality player. Many posters have suggested he is very average and I was simply saying that we are likely to end up with someone with less quality, again. Another step down the ladder.

It does scare me how totally self absorbed some of the posters on here are. 

Certainly not me! Why would you want a slow winger, who cant cross to save his life?? The only thing he does well is stick his foot in. Good riddance to Croft and his wages!!

Ask yourself this - do you really expect us to get a better replacement? I don''t..

I''d rather he stayed but I wouldn''t blame him for leaving.

I know on threads like this I''m meant to go on about how he can''t cross, he''s a headless chicken etc etc

But I don''t really buy into that.

I think he''s a good player and I''m sure he''ll go on to do well in the future.

Croft is a solid championship winger, runs alot but lacks a bit of true quality with his final ball and decision making. He is a worker not alot more. I can just about understand him gettin the award, the goal against Ipswich was a rare highlight and he did give it his all most of the time. I dont think hes leaving cause hes being ''big time'' and ''want to jump ship'', he probably on big-ish wages, he wont set the world alight in league 1 and he wants to stay in the Championship. Id say him going is just common sense and best for both parties.