Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Who cares about croft??

Why should we, he knew he was off in January when he turned down a new contract so he can get a free transfer and a signing on fee.

Trouble is City fans reward his loyalty with the Player of the Season Award.........

No passion?

Him and Doc were the only two that played with any last season. That was the problem.

How can you blame him for wanting out anyway? We are a sinking ship, and he is too good for us.

Croft shows lots of passion and willing- runs his socks off most games.I could do that with sustained fitness training- that DOES NOT qualify me to be a pro footballer.

[quote user="CT "]Croft shows lots of passion and willing- runs his socks off most games.I could do that with sustained fitness training- that DOES NOT qualify me to be a pro footballer.[/quote]Agreed players like these should be painted gold for this division...... untill he''s gone we need to every thin we can to keep him!

[quote user="nickscottlachey"] We are a sinking ship, and he is too good for us.[/quote]

I think his record (131 appearances and nine goals) says it all - yep, with a record like that, and for a striker, he''s definitely too good for us. However, with a record like that I''m amazed anybody else in a higher league actually wants him.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="nickscottlachey"] We are a sinking ship, and he is too good for us.[/quote]

I think his record (131 appearances and nine goals) says it all - yep, with a record like that, and for a striker, he''s definitely too good for us. However, with a record like that I''m amazed anybody else in a higher league actually wants him.

[/quote]difference is we need him!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]It''s embarrassing that he got the Barry Butler award.
[/quote]

I agree, wonder who voted for him, in fact I wonder who bothered to vote at all.

I hope anybody who voted for him is now aware of the own goal they have scored, total lack of thought voting for somebody on the gravy train!!

I care thats Croft left. Face it, when he was enjoying his best run of games, there were at most 2 or 3 people who complained about him. Now he''s left you''d think he''s the worst player ever to put on the Norwich shirt. He may not have been capable of delivering excellent final balls - but for 95% of the season we never had anyone who''d be able to get on the end of them anyway. Plus, his direct running and dribbling at least resulted in the players being in the right half of the pitch - and he was often the start to most attacks.He''s not a huge loss, but a loss all the same.

For the way he made me feel ( in a season full of low lights ) against Ipswich after he scored his goal. Nah, it all counted for nothing, we got relegated ! Bye Crofty ! [;)]

we need a winger who can cross the ball as well as run with it .!!!

its no sad loss ,the players who came out and said how gutted they were when we went down (marshall) , and how gutted croft was at not playing the last game of the season ,seems like they hardly ment it , both of them could not get oout the door quick enough.

we are better of without , time to move forward .

[quote user="singing canary"]

its no sad loss ,the players who came out and said how gutted they were when we went down (marshall) , and how gutted croft was at not playing the last game of the season ,seems like they hardly ment it , both of them could not get oout the door quick enough.

[/quote]

What makes you think Gunn and his gimps are going to attract players..... we need to hold onto the few contracted players we have.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

What makes you think Gunn and his gimps are going to attract players..... we need to hold onto the few contracted players we have.
[/quote]

Why?  .... so we can pay them inflated wages when they neither want to be here or care?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

What makes you think Gunn and his gimps are going to attract players..... we need to hold onto the few contracted players we have.[/quote]

Why?  .... so we can pay them inflated wages when they neither want to be here or care?

[/quote]

Fair point!!    Ill retract that statement!

If it doesn''t work out at the Derby for Crofty....He could always be a stunt-double for Tyrone in Coronation Street...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

If it doesn''t work out at the Derby for Crofty....He could always be a stunt-double for Tyrone in Coronation Street...

[/quote]

Or he could become a wing man in rugby where the only requirement is to receive the ball and run like hell.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Or he could become a wing man in rugby where the only requirement is to receive the ball and run like hell.

[/quote]

he is a slimy little fooker really, helps us to go down, and holds out for contract..so he can inflate his wages at another club!

cul-de-sac croft fuck there is the corner flag head back and run towards it nearly there nearly there now im sure there is something im forgetting mmmmmmmmm oooooerrr shit ran out for goalkick ,oh bugger thats it CROSS the ball knew it would come to me!!

goodbye mr.croft over-rated waste of 600k if your only attribute is run up and down and "try hard"im afraid thats not good enough for me ian henderson could do that and just look how far in the game he has gone since departing carrow road have fun sitting on the bench for derby or whatever idiots take on your wages.

Unless someone can teach him to cross the ball accurately, and to cut in and shoot with his left foot, we have not lost much I fear.  He is enthusiastic and committed but....

We should all care he''s gone! Another of our contracted players has left the club for nothing when he was worth a fee. We desparately need cash at the moment and we cant afford to keep mismanaging our assets like this. If you lot think this board are going to finance £500,000 for a replacement then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

For the last three years every time a player has left his replacement has been of lower quality (Ashton - Earnie - Cureton - Lonees for example), resulting in a gradually deteriorating team and relegation. He was without doubt an average player who gave his all but quite frankly we dont have the funds to buy anyone better and this is another small step into the mire. 

Ok comments about his goal scoring record are a bit mental considering he isn''t a striker, didn''t play as one and a lot of his appearances were as a sub. I''m not especially disappointed that he''s off having said that