Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

When are we actually going to get a player in?

Just a question really but obviously at the moment all the talk is about players leaving the club but when do people think we will actually bring a player into the club?

We usually leave it until late in the summer, so that we don''t have to pay their wages for a couple of months, when there are no games. The only problem with that is that it leaves little time to ''bed'' them in, get them fit and to bond with the rest of the team.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Just a question really but obviously at the moment all the talk is about players leaving the club but when do people think we will actually bring a player into the club?[/quote]

When only the ones knowbody else wants are left and can be snapped up free.

The club look forward to signing some exciting players for the season ahead. Nobody signs players in June or July, so don''t expect anything soon, and remember the loan market doesn''t shut until September. I know we were all devastated to miss out on the signing of ''A good player'' who we were heavily linked with in the press. However we are very happy to have snapped up the signing of ''nobody else wanted him cos he is rubbish'' who has spoken of his determination to break into the Scotland D team in the coming months.

It is my opinion that leaving it late -and then botching things in the transfer market is what has bought this club to its knees. But as every day goes by I worry that no lessons have been learnt and that we will be farting about sorting the board and funding - as though relgation came out of the blue -whilst others snap up the quality.

Gunn mentioned that he might be close to agreeing one or two things in his piece on the offy site. Could just be trying to curry favour with fans though.

Think you will find that most players are contracted until 31st may, and with holidays and all that its not often you see much happen until the start/middle of june, i keep telling myself thats the reason anyway!

An old head would be handy, someone with strength ala Dion.

Any news on Stefanovic? Staying or going, or getting a boot?

Have you guys any chance of keeping Alan Lee next season ? As a Ippo fan I kept tabs on him and he seemed to play pretty well for you, unlike most of the others who rolled over.

[quote user="bluemike"]Have you guys any chance of keeping Alan Lee next season ? As a Ippo fan I kept tabs on him and he seemed to play pretty well for you, unlike most of the others who rolled over.
[/quote]

Yeh Lee has probably been one of our best players and at charlton he was one of the only players who gave a shit. He was the only player who came to clap the fans afterwards without being told to by Gunn. I think if our board are willing to put the cash up then we could get him for something like £200,000. He said he wants to stay aswell. Can anyone else not seeing this being Martin Taylor all over again. We will haggle with them over like £10,000 and ofcourse we wont end up getting him.

Is it just me or is anyone else worrying that we are going to end up getting a load of man united kid rejects. Gunn obviously knows Fergie well from his aberdeen days and I can see Fergie just leting us have all the youngsters he doesnt want on the cheap

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

[quote user="bluemike"]Have you guys any chance of keeping Alan Lee next season ? As a Ippo fan I kept tabs on him and he seemed to play pretty well for you, unlike most of the others who rolled over.[/quote]

Yeh Lee has probably been one of our best players and at charlton he was one of the only players who gave a shit. He was the only player who came to clap the fans afterwards without being told to by Gunn. I think if our board are willing to put the cash up then we could get him for something like £200,000. He said he wants to stay aswell. Can anyone else not seeing this being Martin Taylor all over again. We will haggle with them over like £10,000 and ofcourse we wont end up getting him.

Is it just me or is anyone else worrying that we are going to end up getting a load of man united kid rejects. Gunn obviously knows Fergie well from his aberdeen days and I can see Fergie just leting us have all the youngsters he doesnt want on the cheap

[/quote]not ''worrying'' about that! I''d be quite happy with Man U''s castoffs, (Ebanks Blake, Higginbottom...) I don''t think we''ll get them. Bruce and Keane and his son are ahead of us in the queue. If lee is £200k, then defs get him, enen if it''s an extra £500k upon promotion. He''d be worth it.

Yeh exactly Bruce and co will get all the good ones and as usual we will just take all the bad ones as Gunn will just take anything given to us

As Roeder might''ve said, "nobody does business in [insert month here]".

[quote user="PBTC"]As Roeder might''ve said, "nobody does business in [insert month here]".
[/quote]

it was Worthington that said that.. as every other club in the country bought and sold players...

jas :)