Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Is now the time for a membership scheme on top of season ticket prices ?

It seems that while some people want to claim back the rebate, and to be fair that''s their choice, others think that the season ticket price is too low.In the past I have suggested that a "top-up" to the season ticket might be a good way to raise money for the club.  Simple idea, £100 added to the cost of your season ticket, but for that you get voting rights to decide who gets to be a fans representative on the board.  if the club were feeling generous, maybe they could throw in a Canaries World subscription (which will cost the same regardless of how many people use it) to make the top up more appealing.Seems to me that this idea covers the two basic themes of the moment :
  • Fans feel like they are not being listened to, so are pulling their money in the rebate
  • Money is needed by the club, so the club needs to listen to the fans.
If the money raised from the top up was guaranteed to go into player funds, how would people feel ?

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="Beaker"]We''re not all made of money[/quote]

Spot on. We''re in the middle of a recession...

[/quote]That''s cool - nobody would be forcing you to pay.  But some people might want to.  And if you give them a carrot to do so, then the club may be able to raise funds in this way.  Of course it would involve people at the club letting one of the scruffy oiks on their nice furniture, but that strikes me as a reasonable price to pay for good PR and a potentially decent sum of cash for players.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]... others think that the season ticket price is too low[/quote]

Errr - I think not! I''ve never heard anyone saying to me that they''d like to pay more. Are you an MP?

In terms of elected fans, I agree the issue that we should have an elected SCG, whith a max 2 year term, but it would be simple for the club to organise a couple of pages in the programme / official web site in order to conduct a vote.

To be honest what I''d like to see is a supporters group have a membership scheme, that costs say £25 year. With even only a 1000 members - thats £25k to play with. With revenue of that level the supporters group can be much more effective as they can afford to hire venues and produce material. Set this up as a registered charity and the government would even throw in an extra 20%. Donations from surplus funds can then be allocated as the group dictates.

[quote user="NMTD"][quote user="blahblahblah"]... others think that the season ticket price is too low[/quote]

Errr - I think not! I''ve never heard anyone saying to me that they''d like to pay more. Are you an MP? [/quote]Am I an MP ? I''ve been many things on here, but you won''t find me paying for a moat on expenses...Norwich season tickets are comparatively cheap for the championship, if we aspire to get back there then the club will need money.  But what the club needs to do to get that money is listen to the 18,000 or so that pay them the money at the moment.  The kitty tried to offer a method of getting funds directly into the playing budget, but it didn''t work for the simple reason (in my opinion) that it wasn''t endorsed officially by the club.The share issue of a few years back was extremely successful because the club seemed to be offering a method of paying money directly into a push for the premiership.If the club offers flexibility in the way it presents itself, I think it can make more money.  I wonder if there is also scope for a 10 game category A season ticket, although it might be difficult to pick out category A games this season...

Blah you are right.  Anything that adds value to the season ticket proposition will be good for fans and good for the Club.  

This ties in with the refund argument.   I am torn like many.  I do not want to just give the Club money but I am a supporter.  I would be prepared to commit to spend the refund on merchandise.   Give me value and I will commit the expenditure.

Ipswich do some sort of super membership which costs (I think) £20 but it does give you priory to cup tickets.  This would them put you in P2 behind the away STs and infront of the 10 stubers! 

Might be another way of bringing in a few £££s

[quote]To be honest what I''d like to see is a supporters group have a

membership scheme, that costs say £25 year. With even only a 1000

members - thats £25k to play with. With revenue of that level the

supporters group can be much more effective as they can afford to hire

venues and produce material. Set this up as a registered charity and

the government would even throw in an extra 20%. Donations from surplus

funds can then be allocated as the group dictates.[/quote]This could be good, but wouldn''t put anything into the bottom line of the club - the playing budget.  And although a supporters group like that might be more polished than those you pay 2 pounds a year to get into, it still wouldn''t have any representation inside the club.

I agree with you Blah. Compared to alot of the other teams in the league season tickets are very cheap. Infact because we have so many young children who go as well (I''m not saying this as a bad thing) it probably means that in terms of average price our season ticket prices are probably the lowest in the league. Although it''s obviously good to encourage the younger members of the public to go, it obviously means we are missing out on a large sum of money by having the tickets so cheap, infact I might not have became a season ticket holder 8 odd years ago if the prices were higher, but at some point I think prices will have to increased. This is considering that ex-ce Doncaster said we struggled to cover wages with our current prices and amount of antendees. Considering ground expansion is out of our means; a price increase seems the only way to increase our revenues. I''d argue that just a straight price increase should be made, if (a pretty big if) it looks like we are going to get promoted. I would increase the prices of all the areas of the ground, I would increase the prices of children and adult tickets in the family areas and the price of the more desirable tickets in the barclay, snake pit and other parts of the ground. Perhaps if the above wasn''t possible you could implement a scheme whereby you get first dibs on your choices of cup and away (and maybe playoff) games.

I saw in a football magazine once, that a Bury season ticket cost more than Barcelona (then Barcelona do have about 10x at least more seats to fill) i don''t know the exact ammount it costs for the season ticket (i don''t buy it, my Grandad does) but i don''t think it costs too much, or he wouldn''t bother with it.

Norwich don''t need the odd £10 here, £10 there. Yes I agree that the pennies all add up, but the only way forward is some hefty investment.

This sounds very much like the supporters trust fund that was put forward last season,

While I agree with the idea, how would it be implmented and how sure would we be knowing where the funds are ending up.

I myself have no objection to paying the extra hundred quid and has Bla says we are one of the cheapest Season ticket clubs, and the only one who give the 12 month Direct Debit to pay for it so an extra tenner a month won''t be missed.

Season tickets for Carrow Road are, I believe, realistically priced. They are certainly not cheap. Average income in Norfolk is relatively low, and as has been said already, Norwich is a family club, and whole families who currently go together might not be able to afford to do so if prices rise.

One reason why season ticket prices are low is surely because it encourages fans to continue to buy 18,000 every season.

As for requesting a refund: when I paid for my season ticket, it was priced at the rate at which promised me Championship football. The letter accompanying the ticket renewal form clearly stated that if Norwich were to be relegated I would be eligible for a refund. It was a simple financial transaction - similar to booking a holiday. And in the same way, if I can only be offered an inferior service, the cost is lowered accordingly.

I love my club. But I will claim the refund - and will most likely spend at least the amount I get back in additional match tickets, in the club shop, on programmes etc etc. Hopefully at some good reserve games too.

Charity has been mentioned in a previous post. NCFC is not a charity - I work for a charity and we run a much tighter ship that the tattered remnants we call our board. No, it is business in a fiercely competitive sector, and as such should be ashamed to even consider asking us to leave our money with them - in return for????

I await my letter from the club with the refund info - I will claim it back and write a covering letter explaining clearly why I am doing so.

Why give the tossers who mismanage our club extra money, they''ll only squander it? Remind me, how much money did the jerks flush down the drain from parachute payments? Was it £14 million? Where did it all go?

I did a bit of research in Feb when our tickets came out and I can assure you us and Ipswich are two of the most expensive in the Championship. 

Lots of Champ clubs are charging £250 behind the goal.  Wolves were cheaper than us and they are now in the Prem!

Even with the rebate I suspect we are still not cheap for L1 football.

Dont beleive all the spin that come out of CR!