Sign in to follow this  
Bogbrush

Bookies backing City to be promoted ...errr ..... why exactly ?

I''m not backing City to achieve automatic promotion because like all City supporters I know too much about the dire state that the club is in. Who on this MB thinks we will be promoted next season and why ?

I think we will go up at the first shout, as we will have a team that is more commited made of players of are youth, that want to show they can make it at profesisonal level.

We are a big club to be in League 1 and this will lead a lot of non NCFC fans to back us.  Charlton are also strongly tipped by the bookies and think I might put some money on them!

think norwich will go up next season

but........ Gunn is crap manager!

wouldn''t suprise me if he had dodgy start you had few poor results (i.e losing exeter type teams) then he gets sacked early October and the new guy takes you up in 2nd or Playoffs

who seriously going be challenging next year who we know off? i mean i know theres always some suprise packages but id go with

Leeds

Charlton

Norwich

Colchester

Scunny/Millwall

Tranmere/Oldham/Hudds/MK Dons (although vastly overated side) - possible playoff teams

I must agree, how can they possibly back us especially when we are in a massive state of transition? I honestly can''t say how well we will do next season, Gunn is certainly not my manager of choice and not one that inspires me to believe we will succeed, but obviously the bookies know something I don''t [8-)] It all depends on what Gunn can do now and whether he is up to the task, the next couple of months will be crucial as he must get the right players in and be forceful with the board, don''t take no for an answer.

4 reason why I don''t think we''ll go straight back up:

Charlton,

Leeds,

MK Dons,

Whever loses the play-off final.

Considering we have brought in not a single player, and have no money, I can only regard you bizarre post as nothing short of utterly blind hope.[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

I think we will go up at the first shout, as we will have a team that is more commited made of players of are youth, that want to show they can make it at profesisonal level.

[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Considering we have brought in not a single player, and have no money, I can only regard you bizarre post as nothing short of utterly blind hope.[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote][/quote]Yeah, cos the bookies know nothing do they?Thats why they always lose so much money.......oh, hang on!

The relegated teams will always be the favourites to go back up on the assumption they are better teams , we were one of favourites to go back up to the Premiership the season after relegation and look at us now .

I just feel sorry for the people who bet on us getting promoted when we fail to deliver once again

''Little old Norwich'' syndrome keeps creeping up on this board. Sort yourselves out!

Will we be able to win away from home??  I can see the quotes in the press from our coaching staff being '' the game at Bristol Rovers/Yeovil/Leeds/MK Dons etc etc will be a very tough one.''  Our record away from home in recent years has been as bad as anything in the country so something has to change in that respect for our season to be successful.

Unlesswe can attract ne winvestment we will see Clingan, Croft, Pattison, Hoolahan all follow Marshall out of the exit door and not very much coming in from the opposite direction. So, what does that leave us with ? Not very much is the only sensible answer with 3rd Div teams all coming here next season extra determined to beat us. My forecast is mid to lower table, I''m afraid.

[quote user="ACE"]Considering we have brought in not a single player, and have no money, I can only regard you bizarre post as nothing short of utterly blind hope.[/quote]That''s right, after all the transfer window is about to close.

Funny that - do you remember last season, you know the one where we kept saying, "they will bring someone in soon".  And all we got were a few last minute loans.We are in an even worse position now than last season.  We need ten players and they need to bed in quick.  We have none in yet and nobody on the board capable of negotiating the contracts and doing the leg work to get them.The same old guff but a different season from some people whonever learn and just pipe up the "transfer window not shut yet" nonsense. No the transfer window has not shut, but the board is notoriously poor historically and is weaker than ever at a key time - do you agree?[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ACE"]Considering we have brought in not a single player, and have no money, I can only regard you bizarre post as nothing short of utterly blind hope.[/quote]That''s right, after all the transfer window is about to close.[/quote]

The very best we can expect is to finish mid-table. We are more likely to be relegated than promoted. I think the only reason that the bookies put us among the favourites to go back up is because we are a big club.