Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Player in our squad that you most want to stay?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]Cureton, he''ll be awsome in League 1![Y][/quote]Why? Are the goals higher and wider Wiz? [:^)] [/quote]Yew makes I larf!

[quote user="Beaker"]Whats everyone on about? Am I the only one who thought Hoolahan was sh*te?[/quote]

nope you aint mate.. shows how low people standards for a Norwich player have dropped imo.

I want Alan Lee to stay... bujt as we know it depends on finacnes and other things.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Beaker"]Whats everyone on about? Am I the only one who thought Hoolahan was sh*te?[/quote]

nope you aint mate.. shows how low people standards for a Norwich player have dropped imo.

I want Alan Lee to stay... bujt as we know it depends on finacnes and other things.

[/quote]Since Alan Lee arrived on loan our team and results were crap! How many goals did he score?

We have to keep Semmy, his speed is amazing and he will rip most defences to shreds, lets try him right midfield get him attacking up the wing and bring in a new reight back.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

We have to keep Semmy, his speed is amazing and he will rip most defences to shreds, lets try him right midfield get him attacking up the wing and bring in a new reight back.

[/quote]

The sad thing is this might be serious.

wouldn be that bothered if hoola hoop left, probably on big-ish wages and wed get a bit for him. Clingan for me was a class above, range of passing and control was premier league level. Although Clingan is as good as signed on at Fulham apparently.

Cureton has got to have a big season, and repay some of the faith and money put into him. His record in the late 90''s and early 00''s in League 1 or Second Div is about 1 in 2, wed need him Lee if he signs on to be going at at least that rate.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Do you two, not think about it, as a couple of people have mentioned, Hoolahan did nothing under Roeder, but that was a poor period overall, before he got injured, was are best spell of the season i belive (well we got a couple of wins, and a couple of draws) he is a brilliant player, no Huckerby, but still really good. The main problem with him (well its sort of two) is that he is to clever/tries to do too much/know one knows what he is going to do next, including his own team mates.

[quote user="cockers85"]

wouldn be that bothered if hoola hoop left, probably on big-ish wages and wed get a bit for him. Clingan for me was a class above, range of passing and control was premier league level. Although Clingan is as good as signed on at Fulham apparently.

Cureton has got to have a big season, and repay some of the faith and money put into him. His record in the late 90''s and early 00''s in League 1 or Second Div is about 1 in 2, wed need him Lee if he signs on to be going at at least that rate.

[/quote]

No it really wasnt, for every long range pass that wen''t well, there where about 5 that didn''t make it, and even his short passes where poor, Fozzy could pass better, just went backwards too much. And when Clingan looks for a player, when he has the ball, he just losses it, i hope we sell him to Fulham, we would be lucky to get 500k

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="cockers85"]

[/quote]

No it really wasnt, for every long range pass that wen''t well, there where about 5 that didn''t make it, and even his short passes where poor, Fozzy could pass better, just went backwards too much. And when Clingan looks for a player, when he has the ball, he just losses it, i hope we sell him to Fulham, we would be lucky to get 500k

[/quote]

if marshall is worth 600k-800k as has been reported, clingan will go for at least 1mill surley

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Declan Rudd - he can actually save penalties![/quote]Not to mention score them . . . . . The problem with this is the battle between heart and head. My heart would love to see Clingan or Hoolahan or both stay.The problem last season was consistancy - we didn''t seem to get much of that until Gunn because Roeder kept ''tinkering'' with the team either bringing in rubbish loan players like Sibierski and not playing others like Lupoli or just changing things for no apparent reason.He wanted Hoolahan to be more consistant but he didn''t give him the games to do it. He wanted Semmi to be more consistant but didn''t give him a great run of games to do it either. On top of this both players seem to be the type that need encouragement and the arm around the shoulder, confidence players, rather than the bawl at them until they fear you types. Is it any wonder that we have arguably seen perhaps their best performances of the season under Gunn?At this rate of the experienced players it looks like we will be left with:Nelson, Semmi, Stef, Doc, Drury, Russell and Cureton. After that you have: MacDonald, Martin and Spillaine - the last two having had a good season under their belts.And then you have the youngsters who are more in line with MacDonald experience wise.I fear that if we are not careful this summer could repeat all of the misstakes of the last two - releasing players before they are replaced, if you are lucky getting in a last minute better than nothing player.If a team is to progress it needs consistancy - it needs a core of players to be built around. In my opinion you need Lee, an 27/28 year old midfielder that is a steady hand and Doc - build the team around these players as they could form a strong ''spine'' of a team and be there for the next two or three seasons which is what you want. Then you need to start to find players that will commit to Norwich for two or three seasons.It is no shock that the teams that got to the play off final and promotion were made up of regulars with very few changes to the starting line up during those seasons. Even with players who were arguably worse than those we had last season the continuity and the team bond was strong and they played as a unit. The last coupld of seasons we have just played as a bunch of idividuals with a few die-hards who try and work to get the team clicking as a unit.