Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Player in our squad that you most want to stay?

Clingan for me; does the same unsung, but vital, job as Gary Holt did in our Premier promotion season. 

Would like Clingan & Hoolahan to stay but they won''t.

Would also be happy to get Lee in permanently.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Clingan for me; does the same unsung, but vital, job as Gary Holt did in our Premier promotion season. [/quote]

He doesn''t provide half as much cover to our back four that Holt used to ... but I agree he was one of our few lights last season. Surely he will be off to a higher status club (maybe back to Forest!).

We need to keep Hoolahan, he is the best, and how is Clingan unsung? all i see on here, is how wonderful he is, we need to keep him, hes the best, ect ect

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Clingan for me; does the same unsung, but vital, job as Gary Holt did in our Premier promotion season. [/quote]

holt was unsung, clingan is noticed for doing that job

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]

He doesn''t provide half as much cover to our back four that Holt used to ... but I agree he was one of our few lights last season. Surely he will be off to a higher status club (maybe back to Forest!).

[/quote]

Holt was a revolution, whereas clingan is just a cover for holt!

Well the fact Hoolahan didnt play the last 7 games of the season shows what a good creative player he is because we created nothing without him, easily the best footballer we have and most creative. He wasn''t too great under Roeder but who was, Gunn let him play the game he wanted to and thats when we saw the best of him, so to say he was sh*te is quite far from the truth !

[quote user="cityangel"]

Would like Clingan & Hoolahan to stay but they won''t.

Would also be happy to get Lee in permanently.

[/quote]

would rather lewis price who has been released!

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Well the fact Hoolahan didnt play the last 7 games of the season shows what a good creative player he is because we created nothing without him, easily the best footballer we have and most creative. He wasn''t too great under Roeder but who was, Gunn let him play the game he wanted to and thats when we saw the best of him, so to say he was sh*te is quite far from the truth ![/quote]

Good point. Hoolahan was particularly poor at home against Forest but showed some zip and pace under Gunn. Hmmm..maybe he has some managerial qualities afterall.

HOOLAHAN! Far superior to Clinghan, makes shizzle happen, and a brilliant player.Please stay Wes!

I am going for Gary Docherty.  Decent centre half, under rated a bit.  Will do a job in league 1.

Hoolahan and Clingan are the other two.  These are the sort of players you build a squad around.  Clingan is premier quality though IMO and deserves to play there.  He can go with my blessing and the best of luck from me.  David Marshall and Lee Croft can rot for all I care.

No chance of keeping either Hoolahan or Clingan IMO, but Fatty Patty could be really useful for us in league one: strong, tenacious and can chip in with a few goals from centre mid. If him and Gunn kiss and make up he could be a big player for us next year...

[quote user="First Wizard"]Cureton, he''ll be awsome in League 1![Y][/quote]

I agree with that.  Will he be able to cope with the physical aspect of it down there though, especially as he hasnt got his pace to fall back on.  Needs a decent pre-seaon to get his confidence back on track.

Isn''t it sad that the list of the number of players we want to keep is no more than 3 or 4. Bet it would be much higher if we asked how many we wanted to get rid of!

Don''t even get us started on that Yellow Wall :)

Clingan for me, terrific holding player, brings others in to play if they stick their head in the sand during a game. A great set piece taker with good discipline for a Defensive CM too. Hoolahan disappointed me all season after all his hype but maybe in league one he could turn into a gem.

I seem to have seen a different end to the season than anyone else (mind you I did miss the Watford game); but I have not really seen anything in Lee that wants him to stay. He seems very slow and likely to get sent off with middless challenges. Swapping him for Hoolahoop in my mind would be disastrous. Lets sign the Ex Reading Captain now available and build the side round him.

Hool-a-Hoop all the way for me to! The only player who shows any kind of creativity on the pitch for me !

Hoolahan without a doubt! If the board really want to get back in the Championship as soon as possible, we must keep Hoolahan.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Cureton, he''ll be awsome in League 1![Y][/quote]Why? Are the goals higher and wider Wiz? [:^)]