Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Alan Shearer vs Bryan Gunn?

Similar decisions made by boards in similar circumstances. Untried legend being brought in, in last gasp attempt to ward off relegation. It didn''t work for us...might well not work for Newcastle...will Shearer stay on if they do go down? You can see it....cutting his teeth in lower league after baptism of fire....I think the same applies for Gunny.

[quote user="dpit"]Similar decisions made by boards in similar circumstances. Untried legend being brought in, in last gasp attempt to ward off relegation. It didn''t work for us...might well not work for Newcastle...will Shearer stay on if they do go down? You can see it....cutting his teeth in lower league after baptism of fire....I think the same applies for Gunny.[/quote]

Diference being that AS has a get out clause where he can go back to match of the day and still be well respected. Where as Gunny.....................?

You have to feel also that Shearer will be given the finance and players to get promoted at the first attempt too. Gunny on the other hand is most likely going to have to scrabble about with half a squad and as many freebies as he can get.

No doubt I will be shot down for this and will have to go into hiding, but the difference between Gunn and Shearer is that Shearer is a legendary footballer  who is genuinely famous Nationally if not internationally. Shearer will have been heard of by his players and should be an inspiration to them for his achievements within the game. On the other hand, Gunn is really only famous within Norfolk and his name probably means little or nothing to his players, Ok he played a lot of games for us, but he really is known now for reasons other than football. To all Gunn lovers I am sorry to have said this, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Poor old Gunny a few more months and he is going to have to sort himself a job out away from Norwich City , maybe somebody else will let him manage their club ? no i thought not no other club would be as pathetic as us.

No he''ll be retained as a legend to be wheeled at the next legends open day, Norwich City seems to bemore interested in its legendary past than the future.

Manager aside, Newcastle have spent 250000000 in the last few years proving that money alone dosnt gtee success.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]You have to feel also that Shearer will be given the finance and players to get promoted at the first attempt too. Gunny on the other hand is most likely going to have to scrabble about with half a squad and as many freebies as he can get.[/quote]

I dont actually agree with this.. Newcastle have been mismanaged for a lot of years now and also spent beyond their means.. the club is reliant on teh premiership.

if they do go down then they will haemorage players, go into administration and be in real danger of becoming the next Leeds... they wont sell out weekly for one and Shearr will b e hung out to dry by Mike Ashley.

jas :)

Some footballers make good managers, some don''t.Shearer is a pundit on MOTD because he knows a thing or two about football. He is also a very well known national footballer.Gunn is not known outside of Norfolk, he doesn''t even strike me as a natural manager either.

Gunn looks and sounds  like he is completely lost , has not got a clue and why on gods earth he feels he is the right man for the job i will never know , he has just got that taste of power and wont let go whether it harms the football club or not . At least Grant had the decency to walk away , Gunn it seems does not know what the word decency means.