Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Free Agents???

BBC rumoured yesterday that Liam Miller is attracting interest from Cork City, i like to think we are a little bigger than them & a big no no to Kabba, hasn''t scored goals since he left Sheff U, at Watford, Blackpool or Oldham !!!

As wonderfully dreamy as this thread is. with all those juicy championship player names.  Not a single one of those people in this thread is going to come to a club in disarray in League one.  Not a single one of them.

Owain Fon Williams is being allowed to go for free from Stockport.

22 year old Welsh Goalkeeper, would be worth a punt, especially as Leeds and Barnsley are tracking him.

Lee Hughes is a murdering scumbag, and should not be anywhere near people, let alone a Football club.

[quote user="ACE"]As wonderfully dreamy as this thread is. with all those juicy championship player names.  Not a single one of those people in this thread is going to come to a club in disarray in League one.  Not a single one of them.
[/quote]

Ian Harte spent the end of last season in league one and Liam Miller is considering a move to Cork City, so yet again ACE you are talking out of your a*se.

[quote user="Grant Taylor"]

lita

murphy

[/quote]

Thats a joke why couldn''t reading just let us have lita you could tell he wasn''t going to get a game then they got that ginger guy back from stoke.

I don''t think any of you realise what deep sh*t we are in.

We are now a League One club run on a League One budget and have not  a hope in hell of signing ANY of those names!

It doesn''t matter if they are free. It''s the players wages that are the problem! We are on a League 1 budget now, so Championship players are not going to come to us and earn half as much!

Our team will be the crap players left that no other teams want and youngsters coming from our under 18''s team. We might pick up a few free or very small fee league 1 or league 2 players.

This is how life is in the lower leagues, so we better get used to it, because i can''t see us getting out of league 1 for a few seasons! Not until Delia goes that is!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

I don''t think any of you realise what deep sh*t we are in.

We are now a League One club run on a League One budget and have not  a hope in hell of signing ANY of those names!

[/quote]

So Carlisle can sign Ian Harte and we cant sign anybody half decent? If you let yourself believe that then we will be in League One before you know it. Leeds have got David Prutton, Millwall have got Paul Ifil.

There are good players out there to be got, simple as. If we half our wage bill it will still be as much as nearly half the teams in the Championship.

Ian Harte, Jay De Merit, Liam Miller and Giles Coke come on down.

Cant believe the poster who said none of them would come here.  I am sorry mate but for a league one side we are a tasty proposition.  Prem quality facilities, a really nice stadium, teh opportunity to play in front of +20K and Norwich is a great place to live.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Ian Harte, Jay De Merit, Liam Miller and Giles Coke come on down.

Cant believe the poster who said none of them would come here.  I am sorry mate but for a league one side we are a tasty proposition.  Prem quality facilities, a really nice stadium, teh opportunity to play in front of +20K and Norwich is a great place to live.

[/quote]Liam Miller wants to return to Ireland I think, hence the link with Cork City.

[quote user="lynn canary"]Id have Cannavaro from Madrid, Figo and Crespo.[/quote]

Are you joking they''re all a bit old!!!!!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

After Wikipedia got rid of its free agents list, I thought I would start a thread of out of contract players.

So share any free agents or soon to be free agents that you would sign for Norwich

Here goes mine:-

Stephen Carr (Birmingham)

Ian Harte (Carlisle)

Darren Purse (Cardiff)

Jay De Merit (Watford)

Thats a whole new defence. Are there any others that you know about?

[/quote]jay demerit has a contract still

I dont believe Liam Miller wants to return to Ireland for 1 second, why would he, he was named in the Eire squad today, im sure if he has any international ambition joining Cork City is the best way of ending that ! The mans contracted to Sunderland and spent the end of this season on loan at QPR so im pretty sure he doesn''t have any interest in joining the Irish league at his age. Had he of been 5-6 yrs older i would maybe believe that !

[quote user="ryan85k"]

After Wikipedia got rid of its free agents list, I thought I would start a thread of out of contract players.

So share any free agents or soon to be free agents that you would sign for Norwich

Here goes mine:-

Stephen Carr (Birmingham)

Ian Harte (Carlisle)

Darren Purse (Cardiff)

Jay De Merit (Watford)

Now that is one hell of a defence. Graeme Murty is also available, as is Marcus Haaneman (spelling?) to order the back four.

Although, none of which will be playing for Norwich next season. Realistic free transfers, though, include an up-and-coming left winger just been released by a relegated club who could no longer afford his wages - Robert Eagle or something, worth a punt?

Thats a whole new defence. Are there any others that you know about?

[/quote]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Definitely wouldn''t get his name on my shirt though...
[/quote]

You touch upon a very valid point there.

Maybe every signing the club makes will have 10 or more letters in their name, and the squad numbers will start at 10.

All a big ploy to make the season ticket refunds back in shirt printing services ;-)