Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Richard Balls ideal to lead fans who want radical change

Glad to see my recent posting congratulating Richard Balls on his honest and forthright appraisal of the current NCFC debacle has been read by so many fellow posters. Less than pleased that only a short time after relegation the totally inadequate and clueless Delia & Wynn Jones are still in post and making major decisions, namely the inappropriate appointment of Bryan Gunn. So do we (and by we I mean a large number of fans who only see a bleak future if the cuddly touchy feely management team remain) take this without a whimper, or can we form a new supporters group who are prepared to speak their minds and hopefully bring pressure to bear that will lead to the sort of changes at management level that is so desperately needed? Richard Balls understands and knows football inside out, and if he was to set up such a supporters group I would be there like a shot. With the greatest of respect I don''t think NCISA are going to achieve anything despite the recent lively meeting; their time has come and gone, and they should and have been far more influential over the past four years, if they had had the bottle and determination to act when all fans could see that the club were on a downward spiral. The time has come for a constructive, honest, and determined campaign to change the dithering management team that blunders from one crisis to another, to be replaced with an ambitious and knowledgeable team who appreciate that the fans are the heart of the club, and deserve far better than the dross served up over the past four years. If you read this Richard then lets get an organising committee together and give the fans the voice they deserve; it can and should be done!

Did you actually read any of the responses in your other thread then? Hardly thousands worshipping at his feet there. Why are you championing his cause anyway, what''s in it for you?

Nothing at all in it for me; just seems to be the only local reporter who addresses the real issues and isn''t afraid of offending the Norwich board. I''m guess I''m also very low at the club''s current demise for which the responsibility squarely lies with the current board, and those fans who year after year just accept mediocrity without a whimper. Its unthinkable that the mistakes of the past four years will be repeated at a lower tier of football, leading to further demotion and erosion of the club and what it used to stand for. We''re all entitled to an opinion, and I''m expressing mine on this site. Those that don''t agree are obviously entitled to do so, but Norwich has a board of amateurs who appear untouchable. How long before people wake up to the fact that we actually need radical change, and not the so called ''safe'' policy of prudence with no ambition. Great if Gunny proves people like myself totally wrong, and I will be the first to admit my misjudgement of the situation, but I firmly believe the opposite will be the case, and the evidence will be available before Christmas this year. Have a nice day.

Spartan - couldn''t agree with you more. Again - all due respect to NICSA and its great what they are now doing and I wouldn''t just cast them aside as there are alot of committed fans in there, but as a figurehead RB would be superb.

Combine this with my idea for funding from the http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1692149/ShowPost.aspx thread - plenty of supporters out there taking a refund I''m sure would support this - any you''d have a supporters club with a great voice and some financial clout to campaign effectively.

Count me in.

[quote user="NMTD"]Spartan - couldn''t agree with you more. Again - all due respect to NICSA and its great what they are now doing and I wouldn''t just cast them aside as there are alot of committed fans in there, but as a figurehead RB would be superb. Combine this with my idea for funding from the http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1692149/ShowPost.aspx thread - plenty of supporters out there taking a refund I''m sure would support this - any you''d have a supporters club with a great voice and some financial clout to campaign effectively. Count me in.[/quote]

I am another who agrees with Richard Balls as being a perfect candidate and one who I would happily support

I''d support him too.

The problem we have at the moment is that we have a few ''factions'' who now are pushing for big changes but what is really needed is a very united group (all factions together) to make the changes happen. And someone to lead it!

I think the point here is that we are all looking for someone we can champion and get behind, it''s obvious from this forum alone that the ncisa aint it.