Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tonight's meeting - Well done NCISA

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]to be honest I was disappointed by tonight. No structure, no agenda, no end result ideas (needs a committee mtg to move forward)a lot of points re raised....hence people leaving early. Meeting should have been... * why we are here * public opinion debate * votes on topics * wrap up I arrived at the meeting very excited almost the same as a night match. I arrived home trying to summarize to my friends and being puzzled. No real outcomes...no consequence to the club.... Iwill try to expand tomorrow as bloomin shattered! * where we go from here[/quote]

I did try to make this point at the meeting. It just petered out with no purpose or momentum. Rather like our last few football seasons in fact. I don''t particularly want to see a repeat of the Chase or Worthington protests but we all left the hall as though we''d been for an evening at the theatre. It seems us fans are a long way from being really angry. Maybe it would have been different if the meeting had been before the changes this week. But I rather suspect that a lot of you are more like me than you like to let on[;)] I am now more convinced than ever that one of those empty seats in the boardroom needs to be filled by a real leader of men. I believe that someone that can inspire confidence is even more important than money right now.

Anyway, well done to Tilly for the way he controlled the meeting and it was nice to meet up with so many old and new friends. And that "face" is alright really[:)] ''til I change my mind anyway[;)]

[/quote]

And it was you who provoked that thought Nige. Well spoken.

I guess what i would liked to have seen was NCISA plan for either outcome (Majority pro board or anti board).

I believe that this would have helped immensely with momentum.

But i just feel that there was no wrap up/conclusion of the meeting and now im left waiting for another announcement.

Also i felt that we just went round in circles and points were re-raised in the debate. We had good debate, this then after an hour should have led to the vote......it didnt....people started to wander out. I spoke to a few of them after and they said "it wasnt going anywhere."

Fantastic turn out, Tilly....i agreed with all of your points. Well done NCISA for doing something.

It sounds like you all had a lovely time[:D].

But reading this thread makes me wonder if anything was achieved (serious question - not a dig).

Can I just ask.. What was Gunn''s reaction to only having 6 people in favour of him being manager?

Given it was organised a few days ago and irrelevent of the announcements over last couple of days it could (should?) have been slightly better structured IMO to have given firm and clear direction for the next steps

However it was important to clarify that the sentiment of an independant crowd really was on the Delia time to go side of the fence as there is constant comments the majority back the current regime

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Met Beauseant for the first time - short fella...

And spotted the Free Bet rabble all in a line looking shifty...

[/quote]

Diminutive, Pete, dimunutive.......[:D][;)]

[/quote]

Apologies Beauseant. I wasn''t sure if you were sitting or standing when you said your piece (insert smiley winking face here).

I also learned that Beauseant was quite the fox-in-the-box in his day...

I was there, sat on the back row with Graham Humphrey, Phat Canary and MTV. [Y]I think the most worrying thing that came out of last night''s meeting

was the acknowledgment that as long as Delia has 66% of the shares, we

as supporters will never have a say in decision making. Thus,

I''m inclined to think that those of us who want rid of Delia, or at

least a say in how the club is ran, are fighting a battle that we''re

never likely to win. I hope to be proved wrong by the more proactive

board outers than me, but it strikes me that protests, boycotts,

petitions, meetings, votes of no confidence etc are not going to be enough.

Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her. [:''(]

[quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.[/quote]Obviously it would depend how much money was raised if everybody chose to put their rebate into one big pot, but to be honest I can''t see it being anywhere near enough. [:(]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her. [:''(]
[/quote]

Sad,. but oh so true.

Chase was hounded for only having 56% of shares, until she is hounded as well, nowt will ever change at City.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]

If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.
[/quote]

A good point and this was mentioned at the meeting.  Would this be enough to get our voices heard?

As a comparison Roy Blower made reference to the “super shareholders” (I’ve used this term as I’m not aware of the what their real title is). There are over 30 of them, each holding £25,000 worth of shares – in total over £750,000 worth of shares, and if their concerns are not listened to, it makes it very difficult for the fans to be heard with their collective shareholding.

Sadly I had to call off my trip to the meeting,  I simply couldn''t walk at all for several hours. but it sounded about what I expected, it is positive, but forgive this more supporters are needed who feel the same way.  There must be away of drawing those out of the woodwork that perhaps don''t have a computer or frequent the various messageboards. This is where I believe Archant could play a part, seeing as they can reach far more people than a place like this can.  Whether they would be reluctant, I can understand not wanting to lose favour with the club when it comes to covering matches etc.  But it wouldn''t take a great deal of space to carry a postal poll, along with addresses of  NCISA- Supporters Trust and any other Body that wants to throw it''s weight behind.  It would reflect the views of a wider audience certainly more than an online poll.  It would call for a more united effort on the part of just about every supporter.I face the facts that she doesn''t and will not give up control, protests will certainly damage her public profile, but I feel she and MWJ will simply try and ride it out, It has got to done for the want of a better word via politics not foot-soldiers

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]

If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.
[/quote]

A good point and this was mentioned at the meeting.  Would this be enough to get our voices heard?

As a comparison Roy Blower made reference to the “super shareholders” (I’ve used this term as I’m not aware of the what their real title is). There are over 30 of them, each holding £25,000 worth of shares – in total over £750,000 worth of shares, and if their concerns are not listened to, it makes it very difficult for the fans to be heard with their collective shareholding.

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to stop with the rebates. If the idea takes hold there is no reson why we couldn''t appeal to supporters to contribute further, I for one would happily stick £100 in, but even small contributions will all add up.

Ok then - how''s about this for an utterly mental idea.  Release a "charity record" using the Lets'' be having you sample, make it a cover version of "Please release me let me go" by Englebert Humperdink or a song with a similar theme, sell it on iTunes, with all profits going to buy shares in the club ?This would have the dual purpose of embarrassing the incumbents and raising cash to remove them at the same time.I think I need a lie down...

CUSDP - last night was just a start, overall the aim was to hear what fans had to say on the state of the club and to gauge that opinion. There were ideas from many fans on how to move forward and no doubt NCISA will receive phone calls and emails from those unable to attend as well.

There is a meeting tonight for the committee where we will begin to collate all the views expressed and plan a strategy, this will be communicated to fans as soon as we can.

Maybe this meeting will inspire other fans to either join or hold meetings elsewhere in the country, there is a large supporter base in London for example. Whatever happens as a result of last night, there has to be a clear and united message sent to the board.

Don''t bet against the assembled there having an impact though CUSDP, the media were there in full force and it will be recorded and reach those at the club.

Personally speaking I feel a huge responsibility for all of those present, some I spoke to last night surprised me with their views, and I am not talking about the people (posters on here) that I already know. There were many passionate long standing fans there, many far older than me and not the stereotypical rabble rousers so often portrayed by the club as a minority. The meeting itself was conducted in good spirit and everyone was able to speak without interruption.

It''s not going to be an overnight thing is it, it''s taken us a long time to get to this, years of underachievement on the pitch and ineffective leadership off it. If we are to make a stand against what''s gone wrong we have to consider every option and canvas every viewpoint.

If anyone feels they can help achieve this, make your feelings and ideas known to NCISA.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok then - how''s about this for an utterly mental idea.  Release a "charity record" using the Lets'' be having you sample, make it a cover version of "Please release me let me go" by Englebert Humperdink or a song with a similar theme, sell it on iTunes, with all profits going to buy shares in the club ?

This would have the dual purpose of embarrassing the incumbents and raising cash to remove them at the same time.

I think I need a lie down...
[/quote]

Bloody genius! Anyone got the required skills to run with this?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I love it Blah, are you in the music biz per chance?[/quote]Sadly no [:)]Maybe one of the Worthy Out gang might know someone, they used to do mp3s I think...

Beau, my better half is a musician on the local music scene, he would probably know of a recording studio and people who could at least give some input into this. Trouble is he''s not a city fan, and it''s a bit of a hard work conversion in progress, lol.

Blah, anymore info you would care to share with us?

I thought Richard Balls hit the nail firmly on the head with his most excellent speech. Now there is a fella that should be given more access to a microphone – as he clearly has the ability to rattle both the board of NCFC and also his previous employer Archant… just why did he leave there so quickly? Hmmmmmm…Now, this is difficult to put down in writing without people leaping all over it and accusing me of not being a ''true supporter''……but the continual season ticket renewal is what continues to prop up this arrogant board. You heard the chap speak last night, the one that had attended the Supporters Trust AGM or whatever it was (sorry the brain is a bit befuddled this morning) who said that Delia was most worried about the rebate being kept by season ticket holders. That gives you a massive clue as to the foundations of her regime… season ticket revenue acts as security against the loan deals for the Jarrold Stand etc etc etc. Without it they have serious problems, with it they can muddle by… as has been proved by the last ''god knows'' how many years!If only 4,000 people cancelled their season ticket agreement, or demanded a refund before the season commences, the loss of revenue would be immense. Lets say an average of £375 per ticket x 4,000 = £1,500,000 - serious dough in anybody''s book - especially a skint football club.Now, PLEASE don''t get me wrong on this point, I AM NOT SAYING DO NOT GO AND SUPPORT THE TEAM… I am saying CANCEL YOUR SEASON TICKET and buy tickets on a match by match basis. The difference will be in your pocket (as in it will cost you more per match but you still get to support the team) but it will also make a sizable difference to the strength of the foundations. If they know that they can rely on fixed monthly contributions from 18,000 people, then they know that they are able to service the loans (its exactly the same calculation that you make when you work out if you can afford your mortgage / rent / car loan / bank loan etc etc - you earn £xxxx per month and you can afford £xxx for your financial commitments). The difference with pay as you go tickets is that they do not know exactly how many people are going to turn up - it makes a big difference!Now, and here is the difficult bit, it is then down to an organisation to act collectively on behalf of the 100 / 500 / 5,000 people that do give back their season ticket and put pressure on the board. Demanding this, that and the other is all well and good, but demanding this, that and the other backed up by the value of 4,000 would be season ticket holders is a different matter altogether.I know that this is brinksmanship, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough… and this line should have been drawn a long, long time ago.Believe me, if they get pushed closer to the point where financial meltdown is close, because of a withdrawl of their important lifeblood, their bargaining position becomes seriously compromised. Faced with losing everything, they might finally face up to the inevitable and sell up. Please don''t automatically leap in with the "sell to who though" line of responding. The longer we collectively believe that NOBODY is interested in buying, then the longer we will have to put up with DS and MWJ and going absolutely nowhere as a football club.We believe that there is nobody interested in buying our club because they tell us that is the case.  There is enough "talk" of consortiums in the circles I mix in to make me believe that there are people out there prepared to invest in NCFC, but they will not just throw money in whilst Delia is in sole charge - and you can see why, its simply a folly. Would you?I''m sorry for my ramblings, if I could talk instead of type it would be so much easier. Thanks for the kind messages about my little outburst last night… I will probably be horribly embarrassed when WTP posts the video… but heyho, you have to stick your head above the parapet at some point. Thanks for creatively editing my comments from last night Archant, notable that you took the inflammatory parts and cited them without highlighting the reasons I gave as to why such actions were necessary.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok then - how''s about this for an utterly mental idea.  Release a "charity record" using the Lets'' be having you sample, make it a cover version of "Please release me let me go" by Englebert Humperdink or a song with a similar theme, sell it on iTunes, with all profits going to buy shares in the club ?

This would have the dual purpose of embarrassing the incumbents and raising cash to remove them at the same time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just see youself as Kylie Minogue!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Beau, my better half is a musician on the local music scene, he would probably know of a recording studio and people who could at least give some input into this. Trouble is he''s not a city fan, and it''s a bit of a hard work conversion in progress, lol. Blah, anymore info you would care to share with us?[/quote]

I''m sure you''ll make him see the light eventually,lol!

I wouldn''t worry too much Andy, it was pitch black where you were stood, and sadly I only caught the very end of your speech as I was in the middle of changing tapes and batteries.

Perhaps someone from NCISA took minutes?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Beau, my better half is a musician on the local music scene, he would probably know of a recording studio and people who could at least give some input into this. Trouble is he''s not a city fan, and it''s a bit of a hard work conversion in progress, lol.

Blah, anymore info you would care to share with us?[/quote]Um, nope, that was the full extent of the idea I''m afraid.  The blokes that did the muppets thing could probably knock up a video, although those things take a lot of time I''d imagine.Maybe it could go something like... :Please release us, let us go

(lets be avin you)For we don''t want league 1 anymore

(i can''t ''ear you)To waste our time would be a sin

(come on !)Release us and let us try again

We will find a new love, dear

And we will always want them near

With Marshall Croft and Clingan soldYour attentions getting old

Please release me, can''t you see

(lets be avin you)We dont want to be run by a celebrity (i can''t ''ear you)Exeter Away will bring us pain

(come on !)So release us and let us love again

You just need a half decent recording studio (there are plenty in Norwich, just need to find one owned by a city fan)… the rest can be done on a Mac with Logic Pro (that''s where I come in – and I can do your artwork and photography for you so that the whole thing looks professional and not some half baked attempt). Do it properly and the media can be made aware of it… do it supremely well and they will jump all over it!Sounds like you''ve got the lyrics down… so, where are all of the musos then?[:)]

This is a great idea, a novelty aspect which is bound to appeal. Plus it''s got a fun element but (if done really well) will hit home where it hurts.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]I thought Richard Balls hit the nail firmly on the head with his most excellent speech. Now there is a fella that should be given more access to a microphone – as he clearly has the ability to rattle both the board of NCFC and also his previous employer Archant… just why did he leave there so quickly? Hmmmmmm…

Now, this is difficult to put down in writing without people leaping all over it and accusing me of not being a ''true supporter''…

…but the continual season ticket renewal is what continues to prop up this arrogant board. You heard the chap speak last night, the one that had attended the Supporters Trust AGM or whatever it was (sorry the brain is a bit befuddled this morning) who said that Delia was most worried about the rebate being kept by season ticket holders. That gives you a massive clue as to the foundations of her regime… season ticket revenue acts as security against the loan deals for the Jarrold Stand etc etc etc. Without it they have serious problems, with it they can muddle by… as has been proved by the last ''god knows'' how many years!

If only 4,000 people cancelled their season ticket agreement, or demanded a refund before the season commences, the loss of revenue would be immense. Lets say an average of £375 per ticket x 4,000 = £1,500,000 - serious dough in anybody''s book - especially a skint football club.

Now, PLEASE don''t get me wrong on this point, I AM NOT SAYING DO NOT GO AND SUPPORT THE TEAM… I am saying CANCEL YOUR SEASON TICKET and buy tickets on a match by match basis. The difference will be in your pocket (as in it will cost you more per match but you still get to support the team) but it will also make a sizable difference to the strength of the foundations.

If they know that they can rely on fixed monthly contributions from 18,000 people, then they know that they are able to service the loans (its exactly the same calculation that you make when you work out if you can afford your mortgage / rent / car loan / bank loan etc etc - you earn £xxxx per month and you can afford £xxx for your financial commitments). The difference with pay as you go tickets is that they do not know exactly how many people are going to turn up - it makes a big difference!

Now, and here is the difficult bit, it is then down to an organisation to act collectively on behalf of the 100 / 500 / 5,000 people that do give back their season ticket and put pressure on the board. Demanding this, that and the other is all well and good, but demanding this, that and the other backed up by the value of 4,000 would be season ticket holders is a different matter altogether.

I know that this is brinksmanship, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough… and this line should have been drawn a long, long time ago.

Believe me, if they get pushed closer to the point where financial meltdown is close, because of a withdrawl of their important lifeblood, their bargaining position becomes seriously compromised. Faced with losing everything, they might finally face up to the inevitable and sell up. Please don''t automatically leap in with the "sell to who though" line of responding. The longer we collectively believe that NOBODY is interested in buying, then the longer we will have to put up with DS and MWJ and going absolutely nowhere as a football club.

We believe that there is nobody interested in buying our club because they tell us that is the case.  There is enough "talk" of consortiums in the circles I mix in to make me believe that there are people out there prepared to invest in NCFC, but they will not just throw money in whilst Delia is in sole charge - and you can see why, its simply a folly. Would you?

I''m sorry for my ramblings, if I could talk instead of type it would be so much easier.

Thanks for the kind messages about my little outburst last night… I will probably be horribly embarrassed when WTP posts the video… but heyho, you have to stick your head above the parapet at some point. Thanks for creatively editing my comments from last night Archant, notable that you took the inflammatory parts and cited them without highlighting the reasons I gave as to why such actions were necessary.

[/quote]

Spot on yet again Andy. One of the best posters/speaker on this board.

I did see you in the one stop last night on constitution hill, i think we both looked in acknowledgement having recognised that we have seen eachother before.

But keep up the good work mate.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]I thought Richard Balls hit the nail firmly on the head with his most excellent speech. Now there is a fella that should be given more access to a microphone – as he clearly has the ability to rattle both the board of NCFC and also his previous employer Archant… just why did he leave there so quickly? Hmmmmmm…

Now, this is difficult to put down in writing without people leaping all over it and accusing me of not being a ''true supporter''…

…but the continual season ticket renewal is what continues to prop up this arrogant board. You heard the chap speak last night, the one that had attended the Supporters Trust AGM or whatever it was (sorry the brain is a bit befuddled this morning) who said that Delia was most worried about the rebate being kept by season ticket holders. That gives you a massive clue as to the foundations of her regime… season ticket revenue acts as security against the loan deals for the Jarrold Stand etc etc etc. Without it they have serious problems, with it they can muddle by… as has been proved by the last ''god knows'' how many years!

If only 4,000 people cancelled their season ticket agreement, or demanded a refund before the season commences, the loss of revenue would be immense. Lets say an average of £375 per ticket x 4,000 = £1,500,000 - serious dough in anybody''s book - especially a skint football club.

Now, PLEASE don''t get me wrong on this point, I AM NOT SAYING DO NOT GO AND SUPPORT THE TEAM… I am saying CANCEL YOUR SEASON TICKET and buy tickets on a match by match basis. The difference will be in your pocket (as in it will cost you more per match but you still get to support the team) but it will also make a sizable difference to the strength of the foundations.

If they know that they can rely on fixed monthly contributions from 18,000 people, then they know that they are able to service the loans (its exactly the same calculation that you make when you work out if you can afford your mortgage / rent / car loan / bank loan etc etc - you earn £xxxx per month and you can afford £xxx for your financial commitments). The difference with pay as you go tickets is that they do not know exactly how many people are going to turn up - it makes a big difference!

Now, and here is the difficult bit, it is then down to an organisation to act collectively on behalf of the 100 / 500 / 5,000 people that do give back their season ticket and put pressure on the board. Demanding this, that and the other is all well and good, but demanding this, that and the other backed up by the value of 4,000 would be season ticket holders is a different matter altogether.

I know that this is brinksmanship, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough… and this line should have been drawn a long, long time ago.

Believe me, if they get pushed closer to the point where financial meltdown is close, because of a withdrawl of their important lifeblood, their bargaining position becomes seriously compromised. Faced with losing everything, they might finally face up to the inevitable and sell up. Please don''t automatically leap in with the "sell to who though" line of responding. The longer we collectively believe that NOBODY is interested in buying, then the longer we will have to put up with DS and MWJ and going absolutely nowhere as a football club.

We believe that there is nobody interested in buying our club because they tell us that is the case.  There is enough "talk" of consortiums in the circles I mix in to make me believe that there are people out there prepared to invest in NCFC, but they will not just throw money in whilst Delia is in sole charge - and you can see why, its simply a folly. Would you?

I''m sorry for my ramblings, if I could talk instead of type it would be so much easier.

Thanks for the kind messages about my little outburst last night… I will probably be horribly embarrassed when WTP posts the video… but heyho, you have to stick your head above the parapet at some point. Thanks for creatively editing my comments from last night Archant, notable that you took the inflammatory parts and cited them without highlighting the reasons I gave as to why such actions were necessary.

[/quote]

An excellent post to back up your fine speech last night, Andy. Sadly, I have to say that I increasingly believe that what you suggest is the only way to make our voice heard, but also that it''s a risk that we have to take.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just see youself as Kylie Minogue!

[/quote]

Even as I type I''m slipping on my little black dress, twinkling my toes and practising my jazz hands......[;)]

[/quote]

Excellent post Andy, that is exactly what I have done and I will now be buying tickets on a casual basis until Smith and Jones have gone even though it will cost me more. I am amazed that more people can''t see this, every time anybody says about giving up their season ticket they are subject to pathetic abuse from some on here who accuse them of not being true fans when in reality they are only doing it because they care so deeply for the club and realise that nothing will change while they continue to get our money upfront.