Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tonight's meeting - Well done NCISA

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok then - how''s about this for an utterly mental idea.  Release a "charity record" using the Lets'' be having you sample, make it a cover version of "Please release me let me go" by Englebert Humperdink or a song with a similar theme, sell it on iTunes, with all profits going to buy shares in the club ?

This would have the dual purpose of embarrassing the incumbents and raising cash to remove them at the same time.

I think I need a lie down...
[/quote]

Bloody genius! Anyone got the required skills to run with this?

[/quote]

You just see youself as Kylie Minogue!

[/quote]

Even as I type I''m slipping on my little black dress, twinkling my toes and practising my jazz hands......[;)]

[/quote]

Oh you teaseer[:D]

Anybody thought of contacting S. Fry esq. He MUST know people in the trade and as a fan I''m sure he would help

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]You just need a half decent recording studio (there are plenty in Norwich, just need to find one owned by a city fan)… the rest can be done on a Mac with Logic Pro (that''s where I come in – and I can do your artwork and photography for you so that the whole thing looks professional and not some half baked attempt). Do it properly and the media can be made aware of it… do it supremely well and they will jump all over it!Sounds like you''ve got the lyrics down… so, where are all of the musos then?[:)][/quote]I can play electric guitar pretty well (Hendrix-esk I like to think) and am a decent photographer too. Happy to contribute.On other points, shame I couldn''t get to the meeting, but I''d be happy to invest some (3 figures) into shares, especially if it were part of a consortium to get a seat on the board. I think it''s the least the current board can do. The most infuriating thing about the current board is the lip service paid to listening to the support. Appointing Gunn and the rest shows an utter disregard for anyone else''s opinion (regardless of whether it works out in the long run) especially as by their own admission they know nothing about football! So who did they consult? The previous CEO and board member they were sacking! It beggars belief.

Excellent post Andy.  Sounds like a very productive evening.  It is now vital that the official word/stance from NCISA leaves no doubt how the fans are feeling.

When Delia is gone this club can be great again.

Following on from Andy Larkin''s post,how about,as a simplified idea,organising an official petition for season ticket holders to state THEY WILL cancel their tickets,for a full refund unless demands....x,y,z.... are met.If several hundred (hopefully several thousand) names are added to the list,it becomes quite a poweful ''tool'' for bargaining.Of course doing it this way means nobody actually has to cancel their STs,but the threat of doing it ''en masse'' could bring the desired results. 

[quote user="Moanin Riverender"]Following on from Andy Larkin''s post,how about,as a simplified idea,organising an official petition for season ticket holders to state THEY WILL cancel their tickets,for a full refund unless demands....x,y,z.... are met.If several hundred (hopefully several thousand) names are added to the list,it becomes quite a poweful ''tool'' for bargaining.Of course doing it this way means nobody actually has to cancel their STs,but the threat of doing it ''en masse'' could bring the desired results. [/quote]

Not a bad idea, but those signing up have to be prepared to follow through if the board call their bluff. If a significant number actually fail to cancel if the club doesn''t respond that could actually make things worse IMHO.

[quote user="Moanin Riverender"]Following on from Andy Larkin''s post,how about,as a simplified idea,organising an official petition for season ticket holders to state THEY WILL cancel their tickets,for a full refund unless demands....x,y,z.... are met.If several hundred (hopefully several thousand) names are added to the list,it becomes quite a poweful ''tool'' for bargaining.Of course doing it this way means nobody actually has to cancel their STs,but the threat of doing it ''en masse'' could bring the desired results. [/quote]

Not a bad idea, but those signing up have to be prepared to follow through if the board call their bluff. If a significant number actually fail to cancel if the club doesn''t respond that could actually make things worse IMHO.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]And there in lies the problem… its time to stand up and be counted!

Well I decided to go last night and i''m glad I did. It simply confirmed my view that in reality away from the confines of message boards like this that those of us who want the board gone and who are unhappy with Gunn''s appointment are in the majority. Yes I will admit that the meeting was obviously skewed towards an anti board feeling but after reading some of the posts on here and other city boards I simply don''t agree that it was completely unrepresentative. The simple fact is those that support Gunn and the board had a chance to be there last night and didn''t for whatever reason choose to attend. Well done to many of the speakers you put your points across very well especially a guy I was sitting near to at the back with a grey top on who made some excellent points about the state of the club. Hopefully this will now lead onto further action spearheaded by NCISA in the future.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

And there in lies the problem… its time to stand up and be counted!
[/quote]

This is what I tried to get last night Andy.

A plan.ultimatum that the board can''t fail to understand.

Maybe the NCISA could, as a collective, issue just that sort of statement…that they have lost faith in the board and are collectively withdrawing their season ticket funding from the club, to be distributed to a person / persons / group (as yet unknown) that will act independently to fund player purchases etc etc… until such time that the shareholding is more evenly distributed / or Delia and Michael set a realistic value on their shareholding which will enable the removal of the dictator type attitude that ultimately pervades over our club … and that will be OUR club Mr Barnaby Bumpkin… not yours, not mine but OUR club!

And could NCISA add it''s heartfelt support to the notion that those individuals who cancel season tickets be blacklised by the club and will, effectively be barred from attending games when the good times return, which they undoubtedly will.

You can''t have your cake and eat it, son!

[quote user="Barnaby Bumpkin"]

And could NCISA add it''s heartfelt support to the notion that those individuals who cancel season tickets be blacklised by the club and will, effectively be barred from attending games when the good times return, which they undoubtedly will.

You can''t have your cake and eat it, son!

[/quote]There is no business on earth who would blacklist customers as a result of those customers trying to negotiate terms of payment.  Which is all the suggestion is.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]

If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.
[/quote]

A good point and this was mentioned at the meeting.  Would this be enough to get our voices heard?

As a comparison Roy Blower made reference to the “super shareholders” (I’ve used this term as I’m not aware of the what their real title is). There are over 30 of them, each holding £25,000 worth of shares – in total over £750,000 worth of shares, and if their concerns are not listened to, it makes it very difficult for the fans to be heard with their collective shareholding.

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to stop with the rebates. If the idea takes hold there is no reson why we couldn''t appeal to supporters to contribute further, I for one would happily stick £100 in, but even small contributions will all add up.

[/quote]

Yes I would happily chip in £50 if it meant making the Board take notice, and i''m sure there are many more fans who would chip in with what they can afford, just look at how many people turned up last night. How many shares do you think a fans organisation like NCISA would need to purchase in order to force the Board to take notice of what we have to say?...

If you stand outside your local newsagent with a placard and loadhailer telling passers by that the shop is run by crooks and that they should take their custom elsewhere, would it come as a shock if the shopkeeper barred you?

There is a way that you can do this already - its called the supporters trust.  Having listen to what was said last night though I think we are going to need a lot more than £50 each for Delia to listen as she has 66% of all the shares.

[quote user="Ren"]There is a way that you can do this already - its called the supporters trust.  Having listen to what was said last night though I think we are going to need a lot more than £50 each for Delia to listen as she has 66% of all the shares.[/quote]66% of shares at Delia''s prices is a hell of a lot of money. 66% of shares at realistic prices is a different matter altogether.Making Margaret Thatche… sorry, Delia Smith realise this is the difficult part.

[quote user="Barnaby Bumpkin"]If you stand outside your local newsagent with a placard and loadhailer telling passers by that the shop is run by crooks and that they should take their custom elsewhere, would it come as a shock if the shopkeeper barred you?[/quote]Which is absolutely nowhere even close to the situation of a person sitting at home writing into the club and cancelling their season ticket.My God you''re worse than Smudger and Cluck combined, a force of stupid not seen on this board for a long time.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Whilst she is majority shareholder no one can touch her.[/quote]

If everybody clubbed their rebates together to buy shares, would it be enough to make D & Ms'' majority holding less than 50% ?  Or am I being overly simplistic ?  Probably.
[/quote]

A good point and this was mentioned at the meeting.  Would this be enough to get our voices heard?

As a comparison Roy Blower made reference to the “super shareholders” (I’ve used this term as I’m not aware of the what their real title is). There are over 30 of them, each holding £25,000 worth of shares – in total over £750,000 worth of shares, and if their concerns are not listened to, it makes it very difficult for the fans to be heard with their collective shareholding.

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to stop with the rebates. If the idea takes hold there is no reson why we couldn''t appeal to supporters to contribute further, I for one would happily stick £100 in, but even small contributions will all add up.

[/quote]

Yes I would happily chip in £50 if it meant making the Board take notice, and i''m sure there are many more fans who would chip in with what they can afford, just look at how many people turned up last night. How many shares do you think a fans organisation like NCISA would need to purchase in order to force the Board to take notice of what we have to say?...

[/quote]

It would need them to purchase enough shares to ensure that they were in a position to take a majority shareholding to have any impact on what Delia & Wynn Jones choose to do.

You may as well pi$$ in the wind for all the good buying any shares will do you.

We have two choices... put concerted pressure on the Stowmarket two to sell up or wait until they take us in to administration (which I believe will happen during the next 12 months).

Yes well done for a fantastic turnout but please do not think for one moment that those mere 600 souls represent the rest of the 30000 + norwich supporters out there - you are very much mistaken if you do. Those who turned up for this meeting had axes to grind and are representative only of their own views.

The polls taken are are meaningless - you cold get 600 sould together for a pro gun meeting no problem.

The support for Gunn is split down the middle from what i can see from other polls and speaking to people.

As per these forums - extremist views and minorities will alwys overpower the voice of the majority beause the majority are content - not happy - just content and realistic.

Go on - shoot me down.

[quote user="Disturbed"]

Yes well done for a fantastic turnout but please do not think for one moment that those mere 600 souls represent the rest of the 30000 + norwich supporters out there - you are very much mistaken if you do. Those who turned up for this meeting had axes to grind and are representative only of their own views.

The polls taken are are meaningless - you cold get 600 sould together for a pro gun meeting no problem.

The support for Gunn is split down the middle from what i can see from other polls and speaking to people.

As per these forums - extremist views and minorities will alwys overpower the voice of the majority beause the majority are content - not happy - just content and realistic.

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

hahaha blah blah blah... go and do it then if you truly believe that! [:$]

[quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]Come on then, organise it. Hire St. Andrews Hall and fill it with passionate City supporters who love their club AND support the appointment of Gunn. That way we can get a better view of things, if, as you say, the figures are not representative.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

Come on then, organise it.
Hire St. Andrews Hall and fill it with passionate City supporters who love their club AND support the appointment of Gunn. That way we can get a better view of things, if, as you say, the figures are not representative.
[/quote]

Exactly Astro... more chance of hell freezing over tomorrow than them ever being able to get 600 x Pro Board Bafoons in one room... [Y]

Is amazing that there are still a few delusional idots out there that have to embarass the rest of Norfolk.

Good to meet you last night by the way.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

Hire St. Andrews Hall and fill it with passionate City supporters who love their club AND support the appointment of Gunn. That way we can get a better view of things, if, as you say, the figures are not representative.
[/quote]

Exactly Astro... more chance of hell freezing over tomorrow than them ever being able to get 600 x Pro Board Bafoons in one room... [Y]

Is amazing that there are still a few delusional idots out there that have to embarass the rest of Norfolk.

[/quote]

Smudger,

600 souls from a supporter base of over 30000 is not a good start - get  a few thousand together and peeps might then listen.

Smudger  i do not like insulting people.........and in your case......i will not lowere myself.

Do have a good evening old chap

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger,

600 souls from a supporter base of over 30000 is not a good start - get  a few thousand together and peeps might then listen.

Smudger  i do not like insulting people.........and in your case......i will not lowere myself.

[/quote]

If 600 people is not many then why don''t you do better then?

If you think you can fill a room with half that number of deluded souls who believe that we still have the right people in the boardroom and that Gunny is then man for the job then why don''t you go and do it then?

You know as well as I do it would be impossible to achieve that.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger,

[/quote]

If you think you can fill a room with half that number of deluded souls who believe that we still have the right people in the boardroom and that Gunny is then man for the job then why don''t you go and do it then?

[/quote]

Let me think......

How to get lots of people together with a view to supporting our team.........

Oh  i remeber a little match a few weeks ago........

Was it....yes it was....against reading....did not 25000 souls meet up and support our team and manager......

or am i deluded........

pwned (childish i now but i could not help it)

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me think......

How to get lots of people together with a view to supporting our team.........

Oh  i remeber a little match a few weeks ago........

Was it....yes it was....against reading....did not 25000 souls meet up and support our team and manager......

or am i deluded........

pwned (childish i now but i could not help it)

[/quote]

Yes they supported the team (more fool them).

How many of them applauded Bryan Gunn or Delia Smith that evening though???

Was there not a group of 50+ individuals who chanted DELIA OUT chants that night?

I did not here anything from the pro Delia happy clappies... too afraid to back your thoughts with your mouth in real life again were we??? [:$]