Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tonight's meeting - Well done NCISA

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Looking forward to any feedback from attendees and Pete''s videos (not those videos...), it certainly made for good Twittering (cheers again, Pete), my first such experience... shame it crashed half way through, lol!  Well done to everyone who attended and to NCISA, let''s hope that some good things come out of it! [Y]
[/quote]

Cheers EM, but only half my tweets got through it seems. Modern technology.

As for the video...might have to go with NCISA statements, the votes, Blower''s no confidence and Balls'' speech as there was a lack of light for most of it.

Will try to get in Andy''s speech and the guy from NCST if they can be seen! But not me tripping over the tripod...

[/quote]

Pete: Can''t say about tweets but if you are going to do evening vids it is usual to come with floods and even a travelling spot.

Met Beauseant for the first time - short fella...

And spotted the Free Bet rabble all in a line looking shifty...

[/quote]

I obviously never did well enough on this years free bet to warrant an invite Pete.[;)]

[/quote]It is reported there were "strange betting patterns" around half time - an investigation is underway...

I didn''t count the attendees but if there was seats for 800 then there must have been 650 in there at least in my opinion.

Highlights for me

Hearing everyone''s views

Richard Balls speech ( we need you back in the EEN) He made a good point that 18,000 season ticket holders was a millstone round our necks and didn''t send the right message to Delia

It was handled in an orderly fashion where everyone respected everyone''s views

Only 6 people thought Gunny was the man for the job

No-one had any confidence in this board

Lots of anti Delia people

Well done NCISA

Jim Smith made the excellent speach about investment and I can confirm that Darren Eadie was there, as I have just spent the last hour discussing all things NCFC with him. 

Wonder how many new members NCISA got tonight.

[quote user="Ren"]Jim Smith made the excellent speach about investment and I can confirm that Darren Eadie was there, as I have just spent the last hour discussing all things NCFC with him. [/quote]Did Eadie have anything to say?

One more point, Andy Larkin was by far and away the best speaker at the forum, well done lad!!!  If you were to lead one of these groups I think you could get a serious following and do some damage!!!!

Keep it up pal!

Yes but I am not going to discuss on here.  One thing I will say is never dis Bristol Rovers with him, he still holds them in high regard!!!

[quote user="Ren"]

One more point, Andy Larkin was by far and away the best speaker at the forum, well done lad!!!  If you were to lead one of these groups I think you could get a serious following and do some damage!!!!

Keep it up pal!

[/quote]

Which one was he?

[quote user="Ren"]Yes but I am not going to discuss on here.  One thing I will say is never dis Bristol Rovers with him, he still holds them in high regard!!![/quote]

Good lad.

Andy was the curly haired chap I believe. He spoke very very well. It was good to meet some of you tonight - Butler, Nutty and Smudger to name a few. Lets hope we can move forward from here.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Ren"]

Keep it up pal!

[/quote]

Which one was he?

[/quote]

On the left hand nearish to the front on the side by the wall.  I dont know Andy but have been very impressed by him tonight and at the agm. 

Andy - if you read this, keep up the good work!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Andy was the curly haired chap I believe. He spoke very very well. It was good to meet some of you tonight - Butler, Nutty and Smudger to name a few. Lets hope we can move forward from here.[/quote]

Mr Tilson seemed taken aback by the strength of feeling against the board and appeared confident that tonight could be the start of something. Let hope he''s right.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Ren"]

Keep it up pal!

[/quote]

Which one was he?

[/quote]

On the left hand nearish to the front on the side by the wall.  I dont know Andy but have been very impressed by him tonight and at the agm. 

Andy - if you read this, keep up the good work!

[/quote]

Managed to catch the tail end of Andy''s speech but it was before Kathy switched the lights on so you''ll hear him on the video but not so sure you''ll see him! Apologies Andy.

I was really pleased at the turnout, shows how much people care about our club and want to try to put it right.

to be honest I was disappointed by tonight. No structure, no agenda, no end result ideas (needs a committee mtg to move forward)a lot of points re raised....hence people leaving early.

Meeting should have been...

* why we are here

* public opinion debate

* votes on topics

* wrap up

I arrived at the meeting very excited almost the same as a night match.

I arrived home trying to summarize to my friends and being puzzled. No real outcomes...no consequence to the club....

Iwill try to expand tomorrow as bloomin shattered!

* where we go from here

[quote user="Ren"]

Keep it up pal!

[/quote]

I wholeheartedly concur. There were many good speakers, but Andy was just brilliant. I''m disappointed I didn''t get to meet him actually! On the bright side though, I did meet The Butler, gazzathegreat, Kathy, Daphne (is that her username on here though? Not sure...), face, lappinitup (I think!), cityangel, nutty nigel (top bloke by the way) and Smudger - who''s an absolute pussycat in real life (and I mean that in a good way). Others too - a pleasure meeting you all.

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by the scale of the turnout, quality of the contributions and especially the almost total unity on show. I''d expected Tuesday and Wednesday''s announcement to take a lot of heat out of the situation, and leave many at the meeting feeling conflicted and unsure. But not a bit of it - and the lack of hellraising and rabble rousing was a tribute to how much everyone clearly thought about it beforehand. On the evidence of last night, moderates are as sick and tired of the board as anyone else - and it should all provide plenty for John (special note to him: did a marvellous job as Chair, I thought) and NCISA to tap into.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]to be honest I was disappointed by tonight. No structure, no agenda, no end result ideas (needs a committee mtg to move forward)a lot of points re raised....hence people leaving early. Meeting should have been... * why we are here * public opinion debate * votes on topics * wrap up I arrived at the meeting very excited almost the same as a night match. I arrived home trying to summarize to my friends and being puzzled. No real outcomes...no consequence to the club.... Iwill try to expand tomorrow as bloomin shattered! * where we go from here[/quote]

Why were we there? - obvious

Public opinion debate - that happened

Votes on topics - We did vote on a couple of important issues but you could have asked for other votes on stuff on your agenda

Wrap up - Agree we didn''t leave with a definate way forward but hopefully NCISA will after their meeting come up with a plan of action/strategy.

As for people leaving early which was about 9pm ish guess they had been at work since 8.30am so it was a long day and they wanted to get home maybe plus the questions were coming to an end

[quote user="can u sit down please"]to be honest I was disappointed by tonight. No structure, no agenda, no end result ideas (needs a committee mtg to move forward)a lot of points re raised....hence people leaving early. Meeting should have been... * why we are here * public opinion debate * votes on topics * wrap up I arrived at the meeting very excited almost the same as a night match. I arrived home trying to summarize to my friends and being puzzled. No real outcomes...no consequence to the club.... Iwill try to expand tomorrow as bloomin shattered! * where we go from here[/quote]

I did try to make this point at the meeting. It just petered out with no purpose or momentum. Rather like our last few football seasons in fact. I don''t particularly want to see a repeat of the Chase or Worthington protests but we all left the hall as though we''d been for an evening at the theatre. It seems us fans are a long way from being really angry. Maybe it would have been different if the meeting had been before the changes this week. But I rather suspect that a lot of you are more like me than you like to let on[;)] I am now more convinced than ever that one of those empty seats in the boardroom needs to be filled by a real leader of men. I believe that someone that can inspire confidence is even more important than money right now.

Anyway, well done to Tilly for the way he controlled the meeting and it was nice to meet up with so many old and new friends. And that "face" is alright really[:)] ''til I change my mind anyway[;)]

Yes Eadie did turn up with Kevin Piper and stayed to the end.

An excellent meeting and well behaved very dedicated supporters of NCFC ,

!!!! Shame about the Board !!!!!

Hi all, great to see the comments above. I speak as one of those on the committee who are meeting later today to discuss the opinions shared last night and to collate those views and form a plan of action. A press statement will be released at the soonest opportunity. After that NCISA will seek a chance to represent those views with the present board of directors.

There were many suggestions about where we go from here. All of them will be addressed. It''s no good me just stating what I think, NCISA are there to represent the views of all members, though on the evidence of last night''s attendees (and those who got in touch via phone or email beforehand) action (in whatever form) is what most want.

What we do need (and not particularly speaking as a NCISA committee member here) is more people to join up. For me the most important aspect of what happens now is for those supporters who want a change of thinking at the top is to have someone credible to take that view forward and formulate ways to express those views and in a way they will be taken seriously.

IMO we need to gain much more support from fans at large, and to gain confidence from them that NCISA, together with other fan groups, can make a difference and give a vital voice to those fed up, disaffected and thoroughly disillusioned by what''s happened at our club.

More than a few people joined last night and we can only hope that continues, but in reality we need many thousands to do the same, or alternatively form an all encompassing group with other interested bodies and individuals to press for change.

As many have already said it was good to have a meeting where everyone respected each others views. The votes were pretty decisive on Gunn''s appointment, the rebate of season tickets and vote of no confidence in the board. Can''t give exact numbers as yet, but more detailed analysis of the evening will follow as soon as we can collate it.

Thanks to all for your patience while coming into the meeting, there were moments when the doorway was packed with people. Just speaking for myself, I feel as a committee member a huge responsibility to those NCISA members and other supporters and I think all the committee would agree with that. We will all be doing our best to bring about change, and if anyone who reads this thinks they can help in any way, please get in touch with NCISA via the NCISA website, where all our contact details are available.

Special mention to Bigfeller, great to meet you - you talk a lot of sense, keep in touch. And it was so nice to see Nutty and Face getting on so well, and also to Smudger who was on his best behaviour.

It was ok

Tilson rattled on too much on ooccasion, he does love sound of his own voice & NISCA would be better rid of him

The impromtu (sp?) show of hands voting was rubbish, he needed to outline all the options first and then ask for show of hands, the rebate on especially was a mockery

Majority senitment was Gunn appointed to early...not neccessarily wrong bloke but we had a few weeks before we needed to & Delia must go, she''s the root cause of issues

Yes gettin 4-500 people together is good, but telling us nothin and stating the obvious is a waste of time..No plan of action was arranged apart from the Rebate / Trust discussion which unfortunately will fall flat on its face. Lots left early because it was getting to the point where people were going over the same things over and over again. Nothing was achieved, and last night was the opportunity for ALL of us to form a plan of action against this Board. Dont get me wrong I like to hear " Ive been a supporter for 35 years and I think the board have got Gunns appointment wrong"but this does not achieve anything at all. I Tried on numerous occasions to ask the N C I S A panel what they hoped to achieve from the meeting but my Question was answered by Mr Blowers. A show of hands of Confidence in the board and management, which my wife who has no interest in N C F C could have answered..Maybe maybe N C I S A you missed your chance to arrange protests start campaigns or take any kind of action. One guy asked us to recruit for N C I S A and tomorrow and the next day and the next day I will be knocking on doors and getting as many as i can to fight the fight....

Jakesacanary - surely you answer your own point? The meeting has got you out recruiting which perhaps you wouldn''t have done without it? I think NICSA is wary of acting without a consensus of opinion, which last night went someway to helping it finding out.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Ren"]

Keep it up pal!

[/quote]

I wholeheartedly concur. There were many good speakers, but Andy was just brilliant............ [/quote]

Unfortunately I couldn''t get to the meeting last night but I did meet Andy a while back at the last NCISA meeting held at Carrow Road just before the Blackpool game. The guests that evening were the now ex-Chairman and Chief Executive who were clearly rattled by Andy''s questioning. The problem on that occasion was that there were more than a fair share of '' sheep '' ( as Smudger so eloquently puts it ) in attendance who did their best to shout Andy down but it does sound as though the mood has hardened considerably since then. I would agree with Ren that these groups need people like Andy to be involved. It is of course easy to talk about doing it but another matter entirely to galvanise enough people to take meaningful action.... 

It seems it was a positive evening at St Andrew''s Hall yesterday so well done to all involved.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]there were a few more there, me, phat canary, MTV and canary joe....was good to see support, lets hope we get more back there mouths in the future!
[/quote]

And we got ignored for most of the night,poor old Joes arm nearly dropped off waiting for the microphone!!!LOL

[/quote]

Me too (I made the point about NCISA and NCST working together to create a long term fan communication with the club). I got the impression that Tilly was favouring those he was on first name terms with, but matbe that''s a little unfair.

Met Beauseant for the first time - short fella...

[/quote]

Diminutive, Pete, dimunutive.......[:D][;)]