Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Why does wanting the board out mean you have to come up with a replacement plan?

The only problem is they would have to be sequential rather than simultaneous. i.e. my premise is that the confrontational approach drives them into a corner and makes them less approachable or flexible so i think you''d have to go for the persuasive first and confrontation as a last resort!

The thing is I dont think talking is going to get anywhere. Cullum wasnt able to get them to meet him round a table so how can we expect say NCISA to succeed where he failed? In the past they have always given us the line about no investors existing. I''m not sure that anybody could talk them into ''trying harder'' to find investors or to accept that they won''t get nearly as much for their shares as they seem to want.

I''d like to see any action taken. But things need to happen fast if the current slide to to be halted. I can''t see ''talking'' getting any results in the sort of time frame we need them too. Though I''d happily watch somebody prove me wrong.

I''m not sure the Cullum saga is necessarily a good example of Board intransigence. There was something very odd about how that was played out in the press.Times have changed- we have dropped a division and the world is in the grip of recession. I don''t think anybody including the Smiths would expect the club/ shares to be worth what they were a few years ago. I am really not sure that alternative (large) football investors are around at the moment however hard anybody looks. The Foulger approach of going after a number of smaller investors may well be the best option at the moment.What worries me is that the whole focus is on getting rid of the Smiths or completely alienating them rather than recognising that the best hope of salvation in the short term is to persuade them to start running the club in a professional manner.Combined strong but friendly pressure/ advice from all interested groups (NCISA, Associate Directors, Chamber of Commerce, MP''s et al) might just bring some movement...

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]I''m not sure the Cullum saga is necessarily a good example of Board intransigence. There was something very odd about how that was played out in the press.Times have changed- we have dropped a division and the world is in the grip of recession. I don''t think anybody including the Smiths would expect the club/ shares to be worth what they were a few years ago. I am really not sure that alternative (large) football investors are around at the moment however hard anybody looks. The Foulger approach of going after a number of smaller investors may well be the best option at the moment.What worries me is that the whole focus is on getting rid of the Smiths or completely alienating them rather than recognising that the best hope of salvation in the short term is to persuade them to start running the club in a professional manner.Combined strong but friendly pressure/ advice from all interested groups (NCISA, Associate Directors, Chamber of Commerce, MP''s et al) might just bring some movement...[/quote]YY - I agree!But we need a clear statement of intent from our board very soon that they recognise they aren''t capable and they understand that they need help. Many people, (including Delia) have blamed us (or her) not having enough money - and whilst I can agree to some extent that more money would help, I am confident that it isn''t all about cash.There are a lot of clubs in the that are out performing NCFC on the pitch that have much less money.It''s about spending the money effectively.We don''t necessarily need a new owner. We need a change in who runs the club and how they run it at the very top level.If that involves Delia leaving, then so be it. But as YY says, alternative investors may not exist right now.An easier and quicker solution will be to enable Delia to retain ownership but employ someone to run the club properly.This really is Delia''s last chance to show she can relinquish complete control by delegating the running the club to someone more capable than she is. Or very soon, there may be no club left to run.

I agree. I have no interest in alienating or ousting Delia and MWJ for the sake of getting rid of them. It is major change that is necessary in how the club is run. If Delia was to come out and publicly admit she doesn''t know how to run the club and tell us about the vast experience and success of the people she is bringing in to run the club in her place that would certainly be enough to satisfy many fans for the time being. Other things they could do to satisfy the fans to some extent would be to tell us in detail what happened with things such as the Turners and Cullum. The whole non-disclosure agreement thing appears to be a smokescreen. I think it is Delia who wants the details kept secret and that suggests that she knows it would upset the fans if we knew the details. If I am wrong then they could announce that they do not wish to enforce any non-disclosure agreement and at least then the Turners and Cullum would be free to tell the full story or make it clear that it is they who wish to keep the details secret.

I still feel though that the time for talk has passed. I think they would have done something about how the club is run sooner if they believed they weren''t up to the job. And I don''t see them changing their minds now unless they are made to do so. But I hope to be proved wrong as it would mean we are making positive changes.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="CT "]

They own the club- they have to find the new investment.

This doesnt mean rejecting EVERYONE

[/quote]

It is their club and they don''t have to do anything!!   Just as you have a choice whether to look after your car, neglect it till it falls apart with rust or smash it up with an axe, they can do what they like with their club.

If the owners want to keep the club and see it decline to the Norwich pub league then that is their decsion and their right.   You can try and influence them but at the end of the day, they don''t have to do anything they don''t want to do!!   It is called real life.

Did you hear the guy on Fighting Talk on 5live last Saturday morning mocking those like you calling for the Board to go without a replacement lined up??   Listen to it on iplayer and see how many laughs there are in your viewpoint.

[/quote]

So its their club and they can do as they please and your fine with that are you? Lets not mention the fact it was this very board who promised no one person will hold majority ownership after the Chase reign and along side idiots like you i think you''ll find why OUR once great club has been in ruin for the last few years.

You really can''t see it can you?

[/quote]

Where do I say I am fine with it?   Exactly.  Don''t put words in my mouth!!

There is a difference between acknowledging reality and liking it.   I prefer the adult approach of getting on with life to ranting about things beyond my control.  Yes, I do think that this Board has made a hash of it but we are powerless to change things without somene willing to take over.

Which nrings us back where we started this post

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]At the risk of becoming a mutual admiration society, I think we are agreed on what we would like to happen!I did start to put together some thoughts on a short-term action plan   http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1688428/ShowPost.aspx  but gave up when I realised I was almost certainly wasting my time for no real purpose![/quote]A logical and intelligent plan for the club is starting to form here... but is there any way to action it?Is there are way to communicate this with the powers at FCR?

Thats the problem. I think noisy protests are all they will understand. I guess we will find out what sort of response the NCISA get when they put forward what went on at the meeting a few days ago. That should give us a good idea of how receptive the board are going to be to the talking approach.

The trouble is I haven''t yet seen (and I may well have missed it) a positive agenda for change with some concrete actions which could be tabled in a positive and constructive spirit. At least if there are some definite proposals for action the ball is in their court to explain why they will not adopt them.I really would not suggest asking for a declaration that the Smiths don''t know what they are doing!! Not many of us would be happy admitting to that...(however true it may be!)

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Cluck - I guess your thoughts on the subject are along similar lines to my own. Both you and I replied to Pudd''s post. However, we used quite different styles. I suggest you read my post and your own and see which you think is most condusive to enlightening Pudd to our way of thought and which is most likely to lead to reasoned debate and possibly change Pudd''s and other''s minds on the subject. Then maybe you can consider which approach is most suitable to use in the future eh? Just a thought.[/quote]

Like I give a monkeys.....

Sheep will always be sheep I''m afraid.

Maybe so. But the sheep like to follow someone. And they aren''t going to follow the Wolf that continually barks and growls at them now are they?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Maybe so. But the sheep like to follow someone. And they aren''t going to follow the Wolf that continually barks and growls at them now are they?[/quote]

Maybe so... but I don''t post to be "followed"....

Like everyone else on here I am just an individual with an opinion. I''m hurt like the rest of you.....and so have little time for fools.  It is these same fools who have sat on their hands in droves while the club faltered..... and besides which they already have a leader in the form of a celebrity cook.

No-one can compete with that in Lalaland.....

Cluck, you say that everyone else ''sat on their hands in droves while the club faltered'', but what did you do? You came onto these messageboards and complained about it, often loudly, but still within cyberspace.  What did you do different to everyone else who came on here and expressed an opinion?  I can''t see that you have achieved any more than the ''happy-clappy sheep''.To sit now and attempt to take the moral high ground on this issue is akin to someone in post-war Germany sitting back muttering ''told them that Hitler was bad'' after having failed to join any resistance or fight any battle.  Sounds to me like you''re the one living in Lalaland, I''m afraid.CapnCanary is correct in his analysis of your post style - you''ll convert no one to your cause that way.  Capn''s original post some pages back, shortly after I''d managed to derails things slightly (sorry) is one of the best critiques of the situation I''ve read.  Smudger has nothing on this fella, but no doubt the two/one of you will continue as you were because your purpose on here indeed isn''t to lead, or to even make any difference whatsoever; it is to cajole and to wind up.  This is fair enough, but don''t go trying to claim superiority over anyone else... you''re just Beaker without the wit....

I would suggest that the whole point of posting your opinion is to hopefully inform and persuade others, whose opinions you feel are wrong and misguided, that your point of view is correct, which loosely falls under the description of getting ''followed''. So if you do not post to be ''followed'', are you admitting that the only reason you post is to wind people up and/or upset them?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I would suggest that the whole point of posting your opinion is to hopefully inform and persuade others, whose opinions you feel are wrong and misguided, that your point of view is correct, which loosely falls under the description of getting ''followed''. So if you do not post to be ''followed'', are you admitting that the only reason you post is to wind people up and/or upset them?[/quote]

Didn''t take you long to slump into pretentious mode did it?.......

I post what I think and it is for others to agree or disagree. That separates me from those who regularly seek the approval of others and thus those who feel they are taking a moral lead......

I literally don''t care one way or the other. I''m me...take it or leave it.

Forum:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.It is the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board, and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system. From a technological standpoint, forums or boards are web applications managing user-generated content.

People participating in an Internet forum can build bonds with each other and interest groups will easily form around a topic''s discussion, subjects dealt with in or around sections in the forum.

Troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Forum: An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.It is the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board, and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system. From a technological standpoint, forums or boards are web applications managing user-generated content. People participating in an Internet forum can build bonds with each other and interest groups will easily form around a topic''s discussion, subjects dealt with in or around sections in the forum. Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[/quote]

How about feck off? [quote.unquote]

Classify that............

Why is it that threads which seem to be developing into reasoned if impassioned debate always get hijacked by people who appear to have no reasonable contribution to make?I must admit that I lurk on here for months and fume about some of the idiocies on display, get drawn into posting when it looks as though a sensible debate is taking place and then give up again in despair.Just to be quite clear, I am not criticising the vast majority of posters who, whether or not I agree with them, have a strong point of view and put it over in their own terms- just those who seem to revel in their post count at the expense of content.Cluck, please don''t bother flaming me, I''ll leave of my own accord when I am ready thank you.