Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Why does wanting the board out mean you have to come up with a replacement plan?

Couldn''t have put it better myself Gazza, as I have said time and time again Delia has out priced the club to her own benefit, thier is investment out there, the Problem is DELIA, Southampton managed to attract plenty of interest as did luton and many others I''m not suggesting we go in to administration who ever comes in could renogatiate with banks regarding outstanding debt,

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="CT "]

They own the club- they have to find the new investment.

This doesnt mean rejecting EVERYONE

[/quote]

It is their club and they don''t have to do anything!!   Just as you have a choice whether to look after your car, neglect it till it falls apart with rust or smash it up with an axe, they can do what they like with their club.

If the owners want to keep the club and see it decline to the Norwich pub league then that is their decsion and their right.   You can try and influence them but at the end of the day, they don''t have to do anything they don''t want to do!!   It is called real life.

Did you hear the guy on Fighting Talk on 5live last Saturday morning mocking those like you calling for the Board to go without a replacement lined up??   Listen to it on iplayer and see how many laughs there are in your viewpoint.

[/quote]

So its their club and they can do as they please and your fine with that are you? Lets not mention the fact it was this very board who promised no one person will hold majority ownership after the Chase reign and along side idiots like you i think you''ll find why OUR once great club has been in ruin for the last few years.

You really can''t see it can you?

norfolkbroadslim - NO its most certainly not our job to come up with a replacement for Delia and MWJ. I think its actually Delia''s job to find someone to take over from her. Our job is to apply enough pressure to force her into aggressively seek investment and to consider offers that may make her considerably more out of pocket than she wishes to be. It seems in the past that she has rebuked serious approaches from investors. We need to make sure that she cannot afford to do that any more.

I refer again to the Chase situation - did the fans have to come up with a replacement for him? No they didn''t. Chase had to cut a deal himself. So why should now be any different?

Hi CaptnCanary,Interesting posts. Something cetainly needs to change at the top. Whether Delia leaves or not. Would be very interested in everyone''s opinion on my blog post today: http://www.giveusawave.co.uk/2009/05/time-for-change-ncfc-real-change.html

John.Interesting article which closely mirrors my own thoughts. In brief, you need, at Board level, a hard headed businessman with proper delegated authority (from the owners) as Chief Executive and, given Gunn''s lack of experience, a Football supremo to help map out the strategy and route back to success for the footballing side.In the long run ,or with a properly seasoned and  experienced Manager , you would probably do away with the Football Supremo in favour of properly involving the Manager at Board level strategic discussions.In any case it is imperative that somebody competent immediately picks up the executive reigns at the club before any more hasty and ill considered decisions cast it further into the abyss. I don''t entirely blame the owners for their poor decision making to this point because they find themselves in a situation for which they are ill prepared or qualified- I will, however, never forgive them if they take the club into oblivion because they are now too stubborn to bring in the relevant expertise.

Some good debate here people- impressive stuff.Delia is a cook - and fair play to her she is very successful as a COOK.As a director of a football club she hasnt got the necessary qualities. Get someone in ALONGSIDE her with football knowledge and things will start looking up. Until that happens we will not move on.

[quote user="Pudd"]The simple truth is, that if Delia and Michael ''walk out'' they put the existance of the club at risk.

I suspect that, they, like us, want better things for the club.

I suspect also, that they, unlike us, think that they are capable of delivering it.

The club has, depended on Delia''s money and catering business (along with the season ticket sales) to survive until now. I don''t know the figures, but I''d be surprised if Delia was worth much less than £4m per year to NCFC.

There is a chance that someone will appear if Delia walks. There''s also a chance this won''t happen. I''m not even sure if Delia would legally be entitled to walk... given the debts and responsibilities she holds.

Even if someone offers to buy her shares, they''d still need a lot of money on top of that to keep the ship afloat (before they even invest money in new players).

As for administration, I can''t claim to know any details about this - other than to say from the looks of Southampton, it doesn''t seem to be as simple as it was a couple of years ago. I guess Barlcays et all don''t want to write off debt too easily and hence encourage more clubs to likewise.

Saying "sack the board" is a simplistic view of things without proposing any real alternatives.

The only alternatives that I can see are:

1. Someone with a lot of money to burn comes in, takes control and throws a lot at the club.
2. Delia and Michael retain ownership but delegate running the clubto an experienced CEO and the football side to a Director of Football.

Number two will allow them to keep investing in the club (which will do still need), but will get someone that knows how to run a successful football club to run it!
[/quote]

Another sheep walks nonchalently into the meadow...... They keep coming don''t they?

Total load of old knob on the whole. It''s quite simple...Smith buggers off...new owner shows his hand. Smith doesn''t bugger off....nothing happens.

The club has depended on Delia Smith''s money my arse. Delia Smith''s lack of money is what has killed it.

He is your man,

More contacts than any manager or CEO in the game !!

MICK MAGUIRE NEW CEO NCFC IT''S A NO BRAINER

Reply Quote

MICK MAGUIRE NEW CEO NCFC IT''S A NO BRAINER

IF HE WOULD COME.

If Delia and the board are in need of guidance in putting NCFC on the map

and putting some integrity back into the club only one person stands out with

flying colours as becoming the next CEO for the club.

I believe he has the love of the club as an ex captain,has the knowledge and

contacts second to none for putting the club on the road to resurrection.

1.  He fits the bill as far as football is concerned!

2.   He has been in the political arena of football for the past 20 years advising and

supporting CEO''s at the highest level of the game.

3.  He has dealt with Agents and contracts at all levels.

4.  Players and contracts at all levels.

5.  Managers at all levels and clubs in all the leagues,

6.  And all aspects of running football for the past 20years as Deputy Chief Ex for

the PFA.

As the main shareholders and supporters have expressed a desire to have a person

on the board and within the club with a knowledge of football I think they should look

no further and move quickly before he is snapped up!

So Delia and Michael instead of doing things on the cheap just show the supporters and

minority shareholders that you mean to back up your words with some ACTION.

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Pudd"]The simple truth is, that if Delia and Michael ''walk out'' they put the existance of the club at risk.I suspect that, they, like us, want better things for the club. I suspect also, that they, unlike us, think that they are capable of delivering it. The club has, depended on Delia''s money and catering business (along with the season ticket sales) to survive until now. I don''t know the figures, but I''d be surprised if Delia was worth much less than £4m per year to NCFC.There is a chance that someone will appear if Delia walks. There''s also a chance this won''t happen. I''m not even sure if Delia would legally be entitled to walk... given the debts and responsibilities she holds.Even if someone offers to buy her shares, they''d still need a lot of money on top of that to keep the ship afloat (before they even invest money in new players). As for administration, I can''t claim to know any details about this - other than to say from the looks of Southampton, it doesn''t seem to be as simple as it was a couple of years ago. I guess Barlcays et all don''t want to write off debt too easily and hence encourage more clubs to likewise.Saying "sack the board" is a simplistic view of things without proposing any real alternatives. The only alternatives that I can see are:1. Someone with a lot of money to burn comes in, takes control and throws a lot at the club. 2. Delia and Michael retain ownership but delegate running the clubto an experienced CEO and the football side to a Director of Football.Number two will allow them to keep investing in the club (which will do still need), but will get someone that knows how to run a successful football club to run it![/quote]

Another sheep walks nonchalently into the meadow...... They keep coming don''t they?

Total load of old knob on the whole. It''s quite simple...Smith buggers off...new owner shows his hand. Smith doesn''t bugger off....nothing happens.

The club has depended on Delia Smith''s money my arse. Delia Smith''s lack of money is what has killed it.

[/quote]Thanks for your charming and, might I say, witty reply.You are an utter cock.

Pudd.I agree completely with you. It seems that there is a consensus developing amongst the more constructive posters about what is the way out of the current sorry state.Cluck.I can''t believe you really think life is so simple. It is hugely unlikely that there is a benevolent billionaire waiting around the corner to throw money at NCFC because they love the club as soon as Delia walks out of the exit door. (Believe me I would be the first one welcoming them if they did! )Given reality, the key to making any move from the current nadir is to make something constructive happen with the present ownership structure. Name calling and vilification, I would suggest, are the least likely ways to make the current owners see sense and probably also hinder fresh investment. (''Please Mr Millionaire,would you like to put £xm into a football club and have people call you a rogue or an idiot?'')One thing I will concede, though, and that is that Delia''s (relative) lack of money has precipitated the decline- you need to be a lot richer (and perhaps even more foolhardy) now than you did a few years ago in order to bankroll a football club.

Cluck - I guess your thoughts on the subject are along similar lines to my own. Both you and I replied to Pudd''s post. However, we used quite different styles. I suggest you read my post and your own and see which you think is most condusive to enlightening Pudd to our way of thought and which is most likely to lead to reasoned debate and possibly change Pudd''s and other''s minds on the subject. Then maybe you can consider which approach is most suitable to use in the future eh? Just a thought.

Hi Pudd. Just read your blog and agree with everything you say in it. It would be hard for anyone to argue against what you have to say on that subject.

The big issue here though is whether or not we should collectively try to push Delia out of her position at the club. The main argument against is that if we did that then Delia might walk and the club could go into admin and potentially out of existance. And absolutely nobody wants that. The other side say that Delia CANNOT walk. Its not an option for her. And therefore by making life uncomfortable for her stay in charge she will be forced to aggressively seek out new investors. And if any do exist she may be forced to make them an offer they find hard to refuse. On the other hand if no investors exist then what have we lost? Delia will have no choice but to stay in her position and beg for our support having shown us conclusively that nobody is out there.

The do nothing approach will allow the club to continue on its current path of decline. I''m not saying there are no risks in the aggressive approach that I suggest but the potential rewards are there to be taken. I would rather go down fighting than slowly fade away into obscurity as we have been doing for the past few years. Why not take the option that gives us hope of a better future as opposed to the comfortable do nothing approach?

CCThe trouble is that the options are not as straightforward as ''Delia In'' or ''Delia Out''.Alternative 1. If an investor turned up and offered to buy a majority shareholding I strongly suspect she would grab it and be prepared to take a considerably lower price than she might have once held out for.As has been extensively explained in the past, this would trigger the requirement to offer to purchase all remaining shares at the same price paid to the Smiths. Worse, the incoming investor would have to (at best) renegotiate and (at worst) repay the outstanding loans so this would not be an investment for anybody without massive resources- and this is without strengthening the squad, improving the cash flow or bringing in new executive or footballing management personnel.I have no idea how likely it is that somebody prepared to do the above will appear but, in the current climate, have grave doubts that they are waiting in the wings.If there is no individual or group of individuals willing to make a complete takeover, where does that leave the Smiths?Alternative 2. Even if they wanted to, they can''t just walk away from their obligations. Given their ages and personalities, if they are vilified enough, they just might reach the point of saying they can''t take it any more. Cue administration, the vultures and a points deduction that would leave us struggling in League One...Alternative 3. They read this message board, and rather than ''beg for our support'' feel the world is against them, retreat to FCR, trust nobody but their small group of trusty friends and, between them, drip feed just enough money into the club to keep it running but in slow decline in the hope that it will all come right in the end. (Roughly where we seem to be at the moment).Alternative 4. They recognise their problems, admit their mistakes and attempt to build bridges. They agree to bring in professional business and football management expertise and withdraw from day to day decision making whilst retaining a presence in the club and running the catering operations. They make it clear they are prepared to welcome inward investment and/ or cede control for a sensible economic price. Not a panacea (and we still wouldn''t have team at the moment) but possibly at least a way to start rebuilding and unifying the support?I suspect that we probably do not disagree too much over the desired solution but perhaps have different ideas over how to get there. .

So the thing is.. you can shout "board out" and not have ant idea what would replace them.. sorry if you advance an argument you have to back it up.. incidentally I am no Delia or Gunn fan, but can any of you who scream "board out " "Gunn out" offer an alternative ?

[quote user="supercol"]So the thing is.. you can shout "board out" and not have ant idea what would replace them.. sorry if you advance an argument you have to back it up.. incidentally I am no Delia or Gunn fan, but can any of you who scream "board out " "Gunn out" offer an alternative ?[/quote]Are you kidding me mate?There were lots of BETTER, PROVEN managers we could have appointed. But no cheap Gunny it is [Y]

CTDo you seriously want Gunn sacked now? Would you also sack Butterworth, Crook and Co.?I would not have necessarily appointed Gunn in the first place but it''s a hell of a decision both tactically and financially to sack him now!The othe problem is that, while you say that there were plenty of alternatives, who do you think would have been accepted by more than, say, 20% of the fans?

Fair enough. We agree on that. I just think it''s counterproductive now for people to be calling for ''Gunn Out'' in their posts and sigs.If I was a player thinking about coming to Norwich, as part of my research I''d look at the message boards and might decide I did not want to be part of the hate culture that is being displayed!

Supercol - we as fans are not in a position to offer an alternative to the current owners. We are not privy to the information on who has or has not approached the club with potential investment. We do not know what happened with Cullum. We do not know what happened with the Turners. We do not know what happened with Mr Tweed. And unless we are the owners and can put out the call for a buyer then we will never know what options are out there. So its up to the current owners to do so and our only option is to apply the necessary pressure to make sure they do their best to find new investment. I have asked several times how this situation is any different to when Chase was ousted in the respect of knowing who was going to replace him. Nobody has given an answer yet. Can you do so?

Yelverton Yella - I agree with you that there are alternatives to a simlar Delia in or Delia out. But currently as far as we can see none of those alternatives are happening. Putting the pressure on may indeed not get rid of Delia. But that is not entirely the objective. The objective is to improve the outlook for the future of the club. So if the fans take action and as a result Delia came out and said OK, I am doing a,b or c to resolve the situation then we would at least be getting somewhere. The key thing is that things are not allowed to continue along the same path that they have done for the past few years. Agreed?

By the way YY - what is your view on ''how to get there''? I''d very much like to hear an alternative that doesn''t just hope to luck.

[quote user="CT "]

3) Not even speaking to Cullum especially after his PUBLIC INTEREST - this point applies to other potential investors im sure (even if they havent been public)

[/quote]Well there''s your answer. If anyone had had a decent bid rejected, why not go public. Isn''t it the responsibility to disclose offeres to shareholders? If you made an approach and it was unfairly dismissed you''d go public. First rule of takeover is to discredit the other party and create pressure.I seem to remember Cullum climbing down when the offer was invited.... no offer was ever made.

[quote user="Beaker"]CT you''re a wind up merchant[/quote]At least i start serious football related debates... where-as you post things like otsemobor= picture of poo......

ccYes, I completely agree with you. We must not allow the fortress mentality to prevail. I just think, from what I have seen of the remaining Directors, mass demonstrations and name calling are less likely to force constructive change than reasoned argument and persuasion- albeit the latter is less cathartic!I would be devising a strategy for a ''velvet revolution'' rather than a bloody one!

Chase was only ousted when someone was in a position to take over .. I do realise that these are pleas from the heart, I have supported this club since the sixties and the presene position pains me.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Beaker"]CT you''re a wind up merchant[/quote]

At least i start serious football related debates... where-as you post things like otsemobor= picture of poo......
[/quote]

Serious football related debates such as which Eurovision constestant would Norwich City be~? You sir are the poo