Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Could Joe Ferrari be out new Chief Executive?

Joe has been at the club a while. Heading media/PR.

Could he possibly fill the void or doesn''t he have the right qualifications?

Comments

ha ha - if the main crietria for the job (as established by Doomy) is spin and spending all day on here posting, the he would make an excellent candiadate in my opinion.

We may as well employ a bloody DJ witht he amount of spin we recieve...

I''m sure he is a decent guy but the last person we need at the moment is someone who is a club ''insider''.This recruitment exercise is absolutely critical and should be conducted properly and professionally with a clear job description, required competencies identified and all candidates considered against the criteria- not whose mate they are or because they won''t rock the boat!

As the PR man at the club, you would have thought that he would be all over the press at the moment… so where is he?

Good grief, well if he is, that''s my season ticket cut neatly into two and returned.

Mind you, that old PR dept is getting rather crowded of late, no wonder most of them spend so much time on this messageboard.

If the directors have learnt anything from the past three or four years, it should be to appoint properly qualified people, especially to jobs where they have to deal with the fans.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Good grief, well if he is, that''s my season ticket cut neatly into two and returned.

Mind you, that old PR dept is getting rather crowded of late, no wonder most of them spend so much time on this messageboard.

If the directors have learnt anything from the past three or four years, it should be to appoint properly qualified people, especially to jobs where they have to deal with the fans.[/quote]Agreed  what a joke...spin my season ticket to the bin!

Joe Ferrari must be one of the most miserable people in Norwich. I must have walked past him about 50 times on St. Benedicts Street over the years, and every single time he has looked close to ending it all....... wouldnt do him any harm to smile once and a while. On the other hand, Bryan Gunn has a smile and a hello for anybody. Maybe Gunny should be the Chief Exec......

I''m pretty certain that, given our current situation, if Mr Ferrari had seen any of you lot walking down the street he''d probably think you were all miserable scrotes too.... good old behind-the-keyboard character assassinations...He works in the PR department of Carrow Road.  It is not his job to come out and slate his bosses, its his job to try to make them look good.  His personal opinions may well be very different to what he says on paper.  Do you write emails to your colleagues and associates slating your boss? Thought not........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m pretty certain that, given our current situation, if Mr Ferrari had seen any of you lot walking down the street he''d probably think you were all miserable scrotes too.... good old behind-the-keyboard character assassinations...

He works in the PR department of Carrow Road.  It is not his job to come out and slate his bosses, its his job to try to make them look good.  His personal opinions may well be very different to what he says on paper.  Do you write emails to your colleagues and associates slating your boss? Thought not........
[/quote]

Im not talking about the last couple of weeks, im talking about the past 5 or 6 years.

He has always been a miserable old sod, and call me a keyboard assassin all you like, but I dont think Ferrari has the desire, the drive or the charisma required to lead this club anywhere.

I know plenty of people who work in PR for all sorts of large organisations, including political, that are able to walk down a street and look at least a little happy to be on the planet earth.

The last thing we need is a PR man as a Chief Executive. Im not interested in hearing what a PR man wants us to believe is the truth, not again, I want somebody who can hold his head high and tell us things how they are.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Joe has been at the club a while. Heading media/PR.

Could he possibly fill the void or doesn''t he have the right qualifications?

Comments[/quote]Wouldn''t surprise me - the only requirement for any job at the club is to be working there - real experience isn''t necessary - after all he deserves it ;) Mavis the tea lady is playing up front next season.

[quote user="ryan85k"]Joe Ferrari must be one of the most miserable people in Norwich. I must have walked past him about 50 times on St. Benedicts Street over the years, and every single time he has looked close to ending it all....... wouldnt do him any harm to smile once and a while. On the other hand, Bryan Gunn has a smile and a hello for anybody. Maybe Gunny should be the Chief Exec......[/quote]

Have you ever read his column in the matchday programme? It''s witty and funny as well as being one of the few things worth reading in it...

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="ryan85k"]Joe Ferrari must be one of the most miserable people in Norwich. I must have walked past him about 50 times on St. Benedicts Street over the years, and every single time he has looked close to ending it all....... wouldnt do him any harm to smile once and a while. On the other hand, Bryan Gunn has a smile and a hello for anybody. Maybe Gunny should be the Chief Exec......[/quote]

Have you ever read his column in the matchday programme? It''s witty and funny as well as being one of the few things worth reading in it...

[/quote]

Yes I have read it numerous times, but then I heard Karl Nimmo is interested in the job. Damn, Ferrari loses on that essential piece of criteria doesnt he?

Do you not understand his job? He is a PR man. He could make anything sound exactly how he wants it to sound.

Shame he didnt sit Roeder down and give him sense of humour lessons before one of the biggest Norwich City PR disasters in history though isnt it?

Actually, maybe he is in fact the perfect man for the job, but no matter how good you are at PR....... you are always going to lose when one of the majority shareholders runs onto the pitch, drunk, and in front of TV cameras to wail a load of incoherent nonsense at booing fans..... No wonder he is miserable.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m pretty certain that, given our current situation, if Mr Ferrari had seen any of you lot walking down the street he''d probably think you were all miserable scrotes too.... good old behind-the-keyboard character assassinations...He works in the PR department of Carrow Road.  It is not his job to come out and slate his bosses, its his job to try to make them look good.  His personal opinions may well be very different to what he says on paper.  Do you write emails to your colleagues and associates slating your boss? Thought not........[/quote]Heh, I used to at a previous job, it used to really get up his nose as we had encrypted the conversation as well.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]… its his job to try to make them look good. [/quote]Well, he should be a very busy man at the moment EM, but he appears to be very, very quiet. PRs are always, hmmm maybe a bit strong that, ok 99% of PRs relish this sort of opportunity, its what they train for!

[quote user="Two Tails"]Heh, I used to at a previous job, it used to really get up his nose as we had encrypted the conversation as well.[/quote]Encrypted is fine.  Who''s to say Joe isn''t sending encrypted emails to his colleagues slating Delia and the rest of his bosses?  He''s not exactly going to come out in public and do it, though.I think some people on here completely misunderstand what his job actually entails.  The fact that we''ve not ''seen'' him recently or heard any soundbites in the press is irrelevent, that''s not his job.  He''s also very unlikely to have any kind of boardroom experience or know or even care about the duties of a Chief Executive of a company.  The fact that he and his team are charged with handling incoming and outgoing media requirements which will, by nature, be mindful of ensuring that it casts the club in a positive light is by the by.Other than his articles in the match-day programme, he''s very much not in the public eye so why should he have to ensure he''s always looking happy?  He''s no more famous than the Archant reporters and God knows half of them don''t exactly look like happy bunnies half the time (or didn''t used to in my time working in the city centre).Some people need to get a grip.............

Come on lets try and have a bit of ambition....Ever heard the phrase ''If you always do what you''ve always done, you''ll always get what you''ve always got''We need new blood, with new ideas and frankly NCFC''s PR has been a joke in recent times (although some of that is partly down to Delia and Glenn Rodent!) so I wouldn''t even give Joe Ferrari a mop and bucket let alone CEOs job!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Joe has been at the club a while. Heading media/PR. Could he possibly fill the void or doesn''t he have the right qualifications? Comments[/quote]

I think the very short answer to that is no although it has created a sort of nightmare scenario this end and I wish you had never suggested it.[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Joe has been at the club a while. Heading media/PR. Could he possibly fill the void or doesn''t he have the right qualifications? Comments[/quote]

I think the very short answer to that is no although it has created a sort of nightmare scenario this end and I wish you had never suggested it.[:|]

[/quote]

Why has that created a nightmare scenario?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Joe Ferrari is not available to take your call.  Please leave a message after the tone."

Okay so you then rang the hapless Doomcaster.

Now what?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Joe Ferrari is not available to take your call.  Please leave a message after the tone."

Now what?

[/quote]

Just ask for one of the other 4 people in PR, or Mavis the Tea Lady who I am told is being trained up to replace Joe Ferrari.

How much would you charge me to run that story Cam? I would pay reasonable money to see that story in the Star.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now what?

[/quote]

Just ask for one of the other 4 people in PR, or Mavis the Tea Lady who I am told is being trained up to replace Joe Ferrari.

How much would you charge me to run that story Cam? I would pay reasonable money to see that story in the Star.

[/quote]

At the start of next season there will, I think, be a PR department "but not as we know it."

[:|][quote user="Jim Kent"]Cam, Not sure I follow. How does me suggesting Joe for the job created these problems?[/quote]

[+o(]