Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

NCISA

I think that NCISA are on the right lines with the call to claim the season ticket rebates. It seems to me that this is the only way to get the board''s attention, and the heavy-handed smear campaign against Andy Larkin on this forum over the weekend, by the multi-named Mr Bumpkin suggests that this is seen within Fortress Carra as a very real threat.

In my view this is by far and away the most powerful card in the fans'' armoury and I just hope it isn''t wasted, although having read the pusillanomous statement issued by the Associate Directors I fear for the club even more.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think that NCISA are on the right lines with the call to claim the season ticket rebates. It seems to me that this is the only way to get the board''s attention, and the heavy-handed smear campaign against Andy Larkin on this forum over the weekend, by the multi-named Mr Bumpkin suggests that this is seen within Fortress Carra as a very real threat.

In my view this is by far and away the most powerful card in the fans'' armoury and I just hope it isn''t wasted, although having read the pusillanomous statement issued by the Associate Directors I fear for the club even more.

[/quote]

Allow them other agendas Beau. Money,money money it''s a rich mans world!

I see LQ is now joining the bash NCISA and support the non taking rebate fold. I wonder why!

It seems to me that there are several "newish"/ returning posters suddenly appearing, all supporting the Clubs position. COINCIDENCE?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Allow them other agendas Beau. Money,money money it''s a rich mans world!

I see LQ is now joining the bash NCISA and support the non taking rebate fold. I wonder why!

It seems to me that there are several "newish"/ returning posters suddenly appearing, all supporting the Clubs position. COINCIDENCE?

[/quote]

You know you''re onto something when the club PR machine trains it''s sights on you......

Just because we''re paranoid doesn''t mean they''re not out to get us[:)][;)]

Typical.Belittle my comments as being part of an anti-NCISA agenda. I couldn''t possibly be just a fan with a different opinion now could I?Don''t you see that all this categorising is damaging? Not everyone will feel the same about everything all the time, but at the end of the day we''re all fans aren''t we?

[quote user="LQ"]Typical.

Belittle my comments as being part of an anti-NCISA agenda. I couldn''t possibly be just a fan with a different opinion now could I?

Don''t you see that all this categorising is damaging? Not everyone will feel the same about everything all the time, but at the end of the day we''re all fans aren''t we?

[/quote]

Very true LQ but "Wild horses would not drag me" etc points to a feeling other than indifference.

Every fan will have a different view, that''s football. Finding a common ground on which to work is common sense.

That is what I see NCISA are trying to achieve. There are several "fans" who want to use that banner to gain reform, is that wrong?

In the end I hope that what we all want is a better well run club achieving something other than drunken noteriaty!

[quote user="LQ"]Typical.Belittle my comments as being part of an anti-NCISA agenda. I couldn''t possibly be just a fan with a different opinion now could I?Don''t you see that all this categorising is damaging? Not everyone will feel the same about everything all the time, but at the end of the day we''re all fans aren''t we?

[/quote]LQ, would you have the good grace to stop re-using ''creative quotations from the back page of the EDP, which are factually incorrect… as a ''writer'' you should be able to come up with your own to support your arguments… not re-transmit selective quotes to gain moral high grounds.

Err...I''m not a ''writer''.I write sometimes but I''m not a writer, even in inverted commas.

[quote user="LQ"]Err...I''m not a ''writer''.I write sometimes but I''m not a writer, even in inverted commas.

[/quote]OK then, Stop using a selectively edited quotation to back up your argument. If you had attended the meeting you would have heard the"quotation" in its entirety, where I think you will find it made a lot more sense than your use of it on here!

[quote user="LQ"]What quotation?

[/quote]God, this gets tiresome sometimes… "make her life unbearable"… either use it in its entirety, where its full meaning can be read and comprehended, or don''t use it all. Its very convenient use it as you have done, as it sets the impression that you are happy to have portrayed… namely that the statement was (in your opinion) a call to arms of an unruly rabble.Had you been there, you would have heard that it was part of a much longer sentence that insisted on staying within the bounds of the law lest we be portrayed as a mindless rabble (which, of course, we have). You weren''t, so you can''t… but please refrain from using it to set the wrong impression. It is wrong of you to do so!

Ok Andy.Here''s the quote in full as represented by Archant and read by many more than those who heard it ''in context'' at St Andrews:One supporter said: “We are one of the best supported teams in the country and we should be

a mid to lower table Premiership team. Delia Smith has completely

destroyed this football club and we should be doing everything in our

power to make her life unbearable.“That is the only way she

will understand the damage she has done. I want her to leave this

football club at the earliest opportunity.”
I have never said that the meeting was a call to arms. Now that really would have been something!!

[quote user="LQ"]Ok Andy.Here''s the quote in full as represented by Archant and read by many more than those who heard it ''in context'' at St Andrews:One supporter said: “We are one of the best supported teams in the country and we should be

a mid to lower table Premiership team. Delia Smith has completely

destroyed this football club and we should be doing everything in our

power to make her life unbearable.“That is the only way she

will understand the damage she has done. I want her to leave this

football club at the earliest opportunity.”
I have never said that the meeting was a call to arms. Now that really would have been something!!

[/quote]Looks completely different to "make her life unbearable" doesn''t it? And, for the record, there is still quite a bit missing from that quotation… the bit about needing to stay within the law for instance!I work in PR and advertising LQ, I know how things can be spun to make an argument fit…

Yes, it does look different - to me it looks worse!!

I dont think they should have urged supportrs to get behind Gunn , they should have been urging the club to sack him , after all its what the cook was banking on everybody just getting behind him regardless. Gunn out and the sooner the better.

i have to say i am against the request to get fans to accept there rebate, i mean if every fan tok that rebate the 500,000 could be the difference between administration, i personally would rather have gunn in charge then start the season -10 points already, now that could be the difference between relegation to league 2 or not,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]i mean if every fan tok that rebate the 500,000 could be the difference between administration[/quote]

But if they couldn''t afford it why offer fans a rebate?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]i mean if every fan tok that rebate the 500,000 could be the difference between administration[/quote]

[/quote]

i dont think there expecting fans to take it up, i think its a case of a sweetner to try and keep fans happy, offer a rebate fans will think the clubs doing something for them and they wont accept it to help the club, stupid way of doing it as fans aint happy with them but to be honest i dont thin id accept a rebate if it meant financial ruin for the club especially as were in a league where revenue is seriously gonna be down and we werent making a profit in the championship and weve got no saleable assets in the team as the club at present seem to like accepiing reduced amounts for players,

Administration could be the best thing for this club , if it was to get rid of Smith things might start to improve , let that woman keep running the club and we will get relegated again .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Administration could be the best thing for this club , if it was to get rid of Smith things might start to improve , let that woman keep running the club and we will get relegated again .
[/quote]

Though the 15 point deduction should we enter Administration might go a bit further to send us down..

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Administration could be the best thing for this club , if it was to get rid of Smith things might start to improve , let that woman keep running the club and we will get relegated again .[/quote]

why would starting on -10 points be the best thing for the club, would you rather we were playing the likes of acrington stanley then playing in the championship, were gonna need all the luck and help to get us out of this league and by starting 10 points behind the rest wont help our situation, were already gonna find it tough in this league we dont need anything else making it hard work.

i dont see why any fan would want the worst for the club, the clybs already at the worst point it doesnt need to be any worse off, things need to improve not get worse.

Get the right people running the club and a 15 point penalty wont be to hard to overcome , its not like we are getting promoted anytime soon with Smith running things.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Get the right people running the club and a 15 point penalty wont be to hard to overcome , its not like we are getting promoted anytime soon with Smith running things.[/quote]No club has managed to get promoted after taking a points penalty for administration yet, if I recall correctly.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Get the right people running the club and a 15 point penalty wont be to hard to overcome , its not like we are getting promoted anytime soon with Smith running things.[/quote]

it will because while the clubs in administration transfer embargos occur, so we wont be able to replace the crap on the pitch, plus in administration if the club cant find a buyer it could go the way of scarborough. and lets face it why would anyone want to buy a club thats got points deduction, no hope of getting back into the championship without major investment in the team at a huge cost to buy enough quality and whose fans turn on them when the going gets tough,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote] i dont think there expecting fans to take it up, i think its a case of a sweetner to try and keep fans happy, offer a rebate fans will think the clubs doing something for them and they wont accept it to help the club, stupid way of doing it as fans aint happy with them but to be honest i dont thin id accept a rebate if it meant financial ruin for the club especially as were in a league where revenue is seriously gonna be down and we werent making a profit in the championship and weve got no saleable assets in the team as the club at present seem to like accepiing reduced amounts for players,[/quote]

Well I certainly feel they have been complacent - personally I don''t think they thought relegation would happen hence the reason they offered it and it''s backfired big-time. This is the best chance we have, as fans, to make it clear how unhappy we are. Personally even if it sent the club into administration I''d take the rebate. They''ve offered me £70 so I''m going to take it. I can certainly afford to pay full whack (otherwise I wouldn''t have renewed) but I certainly don''t trust them with my money. If Delia and Michael publicly accept responsibilty for our position and actively seek someone to buy there shares at a reduced price then I will reconsider but I don''t suppose that will change any time soon.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Get the right people running the club and a 15 point penalty wont be to hard to overcome , its not like we are getting promoted anytime soon with Smith running things.
[/quote]

It''s this simplistic view of administration being part of the modern games points totals and league positions that totally baffles me. Could someone explain the harsh reality of what administration could mean to our football club, city and county apart from the obvious football penalties? What would happen to our assets? What would happen to Colney and our ground? What would happen to our creditors?

It goes a lot deeper than a few points and Smith&Jones losing money that they don''t expect to see again anyway.

Bx3 - True, but that is not what posters are saying. The collective wisdom appears to be that a points deduction equals automatic relegation which is clearly not true as Rotherham, Bournemouth and Leeds Utd have all avoided being relegated despite starting the season on minus points, from memory Rotherham started this season on minus 17 points and managed to finish 14th. Administration may not be a bad thing, as we all know it is usually the worst tasting medicine that does us the most good.....

Yea, let''s claim the refund, sod the fact it will cost the club about £500,000 and probably lead to reduncancies.