Sign in to follow this  
dpit

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="SPat"]I hear that the caller was one Karl Minns
[/quote]

Yep, could of been him....

[/quote]

Probably why it wasn''t very funny.

Found the post at last, thanks for the reply Cam.

Of course there are wealthy people in Norfolk Cam, and I understand what you are saying re the interest in football, but don''t you find it strange that this area (Norfolk) seems bereft of footballing fanatics while other areas seem awash in them? Is it perhaps to do with our current status? And what about when we were in the Premiership - was any investment likely then, or was it simply not sought too much?

Is Keith Harris looking for investment or a buyer? To me that''s a key issue. If Foulger finds an investor/consortium who are worth say £5 million what''s that going to change? Delia will still be in charge and how long would the new people hang around for? IF however they came in and Delia relinquished enough shares so she didn''t hold the majority any longer, than I would see that as a positive move and a step closer to a democratic board. Added to that someone who didn''t see her personality as a reason to invest. The sooner we separate the football club from her the better. While we are Delia''s Norwich City the only way is down.

No, Delia does know what to do, and that''s get rid of enough of her shares to trigger someone else coming in to run the club who has enough about them to make a concerted difference. We don''t ever again want to hear the directors asking the floor at an AGM for ideas. What sort of confidence does that give us in the personnel running our club? Unless you see Delia as a celebrity/saviour, the answer is absolutely none.

Still I will hope you have some information which will in time benefit our club. I really hope you are right on that score.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Found the post at last, thanks for the reply Cam.

Of course there are wealthy people in Norfolk Cam, and I understand what you are saying re the interest in football, but don''t you find it strange that this area (Norfolk) seems bereft of footballing fanatics while other areas seem awash in them? Is it perhaps to do with our current status? And what about when we were in the Premiership - was any investment likely then, or was it simply not sought too much?

Is Keith Harris looking for investment or a buyer? To me that''s a key issue. If Foulger finds an investor/consortium who are worth say £5 million what''s that going to change? Delia will still be in charge and how long would the new people hang around for? IF however they came in and Delia relinquished enough shares so she didn''t hold the majority any longer, than I would see that as a positive move and a step closer to a democratic board. Added to that someone who didn''t see her personality as a reason to invest. The sooner we separate the football club from her the better. While we are Delia''s Norwich City the only way is down.

No, Delia does know what to do, and that''s get rid of enough of her shares to trigger someone else coming in to run the club who has enough about them to make a concerted difference. We don''t ever again want to hear the directors asking the floor at an AGM for ideas. What sort of confidence does that give us in the personnel running our club? Unless you see Delia as a celebrity/saviour, the answer is absolutely none.

Still I will hope you have some information which will in time benefit our club. I really hope you are right on that score.[/quote]If the current owners were prepared to step aside without selling their shares, which seems to me to be unlikely, how would things actually be different?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Found the post at last, thanks for the reply Cam. Of course there are wealthy people in Norfolk Cam, and I understand what you are saying re the interest in football, but don''t you find it strange that this area (Norfolk) seems bereft of footballing fanatics while other areas seem awash in them? Is it perhaps to do with our current status? And what about when we were in the Premiership - was any investment likely then, or was it simply not sought too much? Is Keith Harris looking for investment or a buyer? To me that''s a key issue. If Foulger finds an investor/consortium who are worth say £5 million what''s that going to change? Delia will still be in charge and how long would the new people hang around for? IF however they came in and Delia relinquished enough shares so she didn''t hold the majority any longer, than I would see that as a positive move and a step closer to a democratic board. Added to that someone who didn''t see her personality as a reason to invest. The sooner we separate the football club from her the better. While we are Delia''s Norwich City the only way is down. No, Delia does know what to do, and that''s get rid of enough of her shares to trigger someone else coming in to run the club who has enough about them to make a concerted difference. We don''t ever again want to hear the directors asking the floor at an AGM for ideas. What sort of confidence does that give us in the personnel running our club? Unless you see Delia as a celebrity/saviour, the answer is absolutely none. Still I will hope you have some information which will in time benefit our club. I really hope you are right on that score.[/quote]

Have not spoken to Harris recently but I''m pretty certain he used the phrase "investment" but that can also mean a buyer if the investment is substantial enough or perhaps a buyer in the future.  Those two can''t go on for ever.  On the face of it, investment in a Premier League club is obviously a lot more attractive but whether it was sought at the time I have no idea. If you look at it logically if anything happened to one of the major shareholders one assumes that the holding would pass to the other but at some time in the future when the survivor passes on what happens then?  They have to have some plan for the future I would hope. 

I am reasonably confident that Foulger has "something" on the go and - perhaps I am an optimist - I think his recent Press statement might not have been made unless he was reasonably confident of getting money in.  This is a man who rarely says anything - in fact I can''t remember the last time he said anything.  I don''t think he would hang himself out to dry unless there were matters in the pipeline.

I think investment is sometimes "chance" you know.  Colchester is a good example.  There is an owner with an on paper worth far in excess of Delia & Co who has been a lifelong West Ham supporter (sponsored the shirts for three years).  Obviously could not afford to buy them so turns to a local club because he lives in the area. 

Let us hope someone comes in and puts some decent money in and, as all have said, let us hope it goes to the playing budget.  It was a tough League this year and it has all the signs of being even tougher from August onwards.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Found the post at last, thanks for the reply Cam. Of course there are wealthy people in Norfolk Cam, and I understand what you are saying re the interest in football, but don''t you find it strange that this area (Norfolk) seems bereft of footballing fanatics while other areas seem awash in them? Is it perhaps to do with our current status? And what about when we were in the Premiership - was any investment likely then, or was it simply not sought too much? Is Keith Harris looking for investment or a buyer? To me that''s a key issue. If Foulger finds an investor/consortium who are worth say £5 million what''s that going to change? Delia will still be in charge and how long would the new people hang around for? IF however they came in and Delia relinquished enough shares so she didn''t hold the majority any longer, than I would see that as a positive move and a step closer to a democratic board. Added to that someone who didn''t see her personality as a reason to invest. The sooner we separate the football club from her the better. While we are Delia''s Norwich City the only way is down. No, Delia does know what to do, and that''s get rid of enough of her shares to trigger someone else coming in to run the club who has enough about them to make a concerted difference. We don''t ever again want to hear the directors asking the floor at an AGM for ideas. What sort of confidence does that give us in the personnel running our club? Unless you see Delia as a celebrity/saviour, the answer is absolutely none. Still I will hope you have some information which will in time benefit our club. I really hope you are right on that score.[/quote]

Have not spoken to Harris recently but I''m pretty certain he used the phrase "investment" but that can also mean a buyer if the investment is substantial enough or perhaps a buyer in the future.  Those two can''t go on for ever.  On the face of it, investment in a Premier League club is obviously a lot more attractive but whether it was sought at the time I have no idea. If you look at it logically if anything happened to one of the major shareholders one assumes that the holding would pass to the other but at some time in the future when the survivor passes on what happens then?  They have to have some plan for the future I would hope. 

I am reasonably confident that Foulger has "something" on the go and - perhaps I am an optimist - I think his recent Press statement might not have been made unless he was reasonably confident of getting money in.  This is a man who rarely says anything - in fact I can''t remember the last time he said anything.  I don''t think he would hang himself out to dry unless there were matters in the pipeline.

I think investment is sometimes "chance" you know.  Colchester is a good example.  There is an owner with an on paper worth far in excess of Delia & Co who has been a lifelong West Ham supporter (sponsored the shirts for three years).  Obviously could not afford to buy them so turns to a local club because he lives in the area. 

Let us hope someone comes in and puts some decent money in and, as all have said, let us hope it goes to the playing budget.  It was a tough League this year and it has all the signs of being even tougher from August onwards.

[/quote]

Similar to what I know Cam, so don''t think you''re far off the mark on that.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

But the question is whether Delia and MWJ would allow someone similar to Colchester''s owner takeover. Whenever there''s talk of finding investment, their preference for people who "bleed yellow and green" or have knowledge of "the norfolk way"(whatever that is!) comes up. So I''m not sure they''d want a similar situation to your man in Colchester who''s first club isn''t the club he owns.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote] But the question is whether Delia and MWJ would allow someone similar to Colchester''s owner takeover. Whenever there''s talk of finding investment, their preference for people who "bleed yellow and green" or have knowledge of "the norfolk way"(whatever that is!) comes up. So I''m not sure they''d want a similar situation to your man in Colchester who''s first club isn''t the club he owns.[/quote]

My understanding is that your potential investors are Norfolk based - I have no idea whether in the city or the countryside.  It is a valid point that you make and I do not know the answer.  I suspect, but do not know, that the yellow and green criteria is weakening and may have been weakened further by your relegation.

But not all Colchester fans were happy with a Hammers fan taking over and some are concerned that he and his wife are the ONLY shareholders.  It doesn''t bother me personally but it does bother some and I can see their point of view. 

Badger - of course it''s unlikely, which is why I was asking Cam if he had any information as to the exact brief Keith Harris was given once appointed by the board.

In an ideal world Delia and Michael could step down from the board and their shares be allocated to either the present Trust or another body, and then suitably qualified people brought in to sit on the board and work with Foulger/whoever is appointed subsequently.

Don''t get me wrong, it''s a shot in the dark, or maybe a temporary step to a new owner entirely, but something at least to consider. Something or someone has to dilute/buy out/ the majority shareholding that they have. IF they could contribute to that voluntarily (if they can''t find a buyer), then so be it, for now. It would be a step in the right direction.

Remain as we are, even with new people brought in, under the current make up, 66% of shares means everything happens to Delia''s tune. And going on what''s happened in the past 13 years, this has to end.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Badger - of course it''s unlikely, which is why I was asking Cam if he had any information as to the exact brief Keith Harris was given once appointed by the board.

In an ideal world Delia and Michael could step down from the board and their shares be allocated to either the present Trust or another body, and then suitably qualified people brought in to sit on the board and work with Foulger/whoever is appointed subsequently.

Don''t get me wrong, it''s a shot in the dark, or maybe a temporary step to a new owner entirely, but something at least to consider. Something or someone has to dilute/buy out/ the majority shareholding that they have. IF they could contribute to that voluntarily (if they can''t find a buyer), then so be it, for now. It would be a step in the right direction.

Remain as we are, even with new people brought in, under the current make up, 66% of shares means everything happens to Delia''s tune. And going on what''s happened in the past 13 years, this has to end.[/quote]Thanks gazza, but I am still not clear on how it would be different.What would the new board do, or not do, that would make us more successful?