Sign in to follow this  
visitingblueboy

The difference between Ipswich and Norwich ... (long)

Can we please dispense with the petty insults and swearing?Jesus H Christ I know the internet is a conduit for the mentally retarded but to have so much focused in one place is just amazing.Personally, the original poster, despite being an Ipswich fan, is dead on the money. We have no cash, no ambition, our owners don''t have a bloody clue, and at this rate League 2 relegation seems much more of a possibility than Championship promotion.Gunn has already had his chance, it resulted in a measely 5 wins and relegation to our lowest point in 50 years.Can we PLEASE stop shooting the bloody messenger, right now we have more important problems than a few Ipswich fans on our Pinkun forum.

[quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"]

[quote user="SNAP"]Want to know the big dfference? Ipswich shafted a whole bunch of local businesses by wiping out their debt and going into adminsitration. It cost hem nothing as the 10-point rule wasn''t in place. Thye wiped out years of similar mismanagemnt to Norwich at the expense of the community and then allowed a faceless profiteer to buy their debt from Norwich Union for a pittance and roll it back into the club. Would I want to follow a club like that - not really.[/quote]

You obviously don''t know your own club''s history.

"City went into voluntary liquidation on 10 December 1917.[5] The club was officially reformed on 15 February 1919. In May 1920, The Football League formed a third Division and Norwich joined the Third Division for the following season."

[/quote]Your comparing a period in which half of the Norwich players and fanbase were being shot to s**t in the trenches of France to a period where your greedy owners tried to live the dream and failed spectaculary...? As much as I agree with the original post at the start of this thread this comment just goes to show why you''ll always be a bunch of low grade tasteless common scum. [/quote]

You wound up your club and started a new one to avoid paying your debts. These are the facts. As for "greedy owners trying to live the dream", that''s exactly why you''re in the shit now. You went for broke to try and make the prem ...that''s why you''ve had a team full of loanees since...and are now in League 1.

And as for low grade tasteless common scum...bit rich from a bunch of supporters who think it''s ok to make fun of young women being murdered.

Norwich fans need to look a bit closer to home before slinging accusations at anyone else.

[/quote]During the first world war yes we wound up, like many clubs. Just how stupid are you if you can''t see the obvious difference between the 2 time periods? And actually no we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem, the board has massively under funded the club hence why we are in the position we are and had to rely on loan players. As for your other comments, well obviously I don''t agree with them and anyone saying them is a prat of the highest order, however I do remember Ipswich fans singing about Gunns daughter after she died. Can''t think Norwich fans have done anything which competes with that. Anyway enjoy your crowing for now. As much as we are going through a bad period and will be for a while, especially while the 2 incompetents we have in the board room are still there, football is circular and in a few years it''ll be us above you once again and in typical fashion you''ll be no where to be seen on these boards!

[quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"]

[quote user="SNAP"]Want to know the big dfference? Ipswich shafted a whole bunch of local businesses by wiping out their debt and going into adminsitration. It cost hem nothing as the 10-point rule wasn''t in place. Thye wiped out years of similar mismanagemnt to Norwich at the expense of the community and then allowed a faceless profiteer to buy their debt from Norwich Union for a pittance and roll it back into the club. Would I want to follow a club like that - not really.[/quote]

"City went into voluntary liquidation on 10 December 1917.[5] The club was officially reformed on 15 February 1919. In May 1920, The Football League formed a third Division and Norwich joined the Third Division for the following season."

[/quote]

Your comparing a period in which half of the Norwich players and fanbase were being shot to s**t in the trenches of France to a period where your greedy owners tried to live the dream and failed spectaculary...? As much as I agree with the original post at the start of this thread this comment just goes to show why you''ll always be a bunch of low grade tasteless common scum.
[/quote]

You wound up your club and started a new one to avoid paying your debts. These are the facts. As for "greedy owners trying to live the dream", that''s exactly why you''re in the shit now. You went for broke to try and make the prem ...that''s why you''ve had a team full of loanees since...and are now in League 1.

And as for low grade tasteless common scum...bit rich from a bunch of supporters who think it''s ok to make fun of young women being murdered.

Norwich fans need to look a bit closer to home before slinging accusations at anyone else.

[/quote]

During the first world war yes we wound up, like many clubs. Just how stupid are you if you can''t see the obvious difference between the 2 time periods? And actually no we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem, the board has massively under funded the club hence why we are in the position we are and had to rely on loan players. As for your other comments, well obviously I don''t agree with them and anyone saying them is a prat of the highest order, however I do remember Ipswich fans singing about Gunns daughter after she died. Can''t think Norwich fans have done anything which competes with that. Anyway enjoy your crowing for now. As much as we are going through a bad period and will be for a while, especially while the 2 incompetents we have in the board room are still there, football is circular and in a few years it''ll be us above you once again and in typical fashion you''ll be no where to be seen on these boards!
[/quote]

I was responding to how many of your fans claim we deliberately went into admin to con local businesses - we didn''t want to and I''m sure Norwich don''t want to now (although it could happen)

"No we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem" - deluded fool. Where''s all the parachute money, money for Green etc. gone?

"Can''t think Norwich fans have done anything which competes with that" - err, I''ve just explained something that does. The Gunn''s daughter stuff was a very small minority

Sorry about Crazy. If the tone of a thread is going down the pan, he''s the one to pull the chain.Anyway as most of you realised (but some didn''t) I didn''t want to make a big thing of yourrelegation, rather to highlight what I consider the weaknesses in your club at the momentfrom the other side of the fence, as it were.The job of the owners must be terribly difficult. If they are fans of the club (as your twoare) they have got a huge emotional and financial investment in the team and theymust feel powerless to arrest the decline. On top of this, when things go badly theyface abuse from the fans which they don''t know how to stop. Owning a football clubwhen you have a little money - but not a shed load - must be torture.The fundamental problem though is that the team at the top don''t seem able to realisticallyevaluate their own weaknesses and take steps to rectify this (which is to appoint peopleto the board to bring expertise they lack - rather than self-improvement).You may well be fine. It could be that even with the debt you have you will have a sufficiently large playing budget (by League 1 standards) to virtually guarantee youa top half finish - possibly much higher. It could be that with a good start the largecrowds and sense of momentum will see you through the season. We''ll see.

[quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"]

[/quote]Your comparing a period in which half of the Norwich players and fanbase were being shot to s**t in the trenches of France to a period where your greedy owners tried to live the dream and failed spectaculary...? As much as I agree with the original post at the start of this thread this comment just goes to show why you''ll always be a bunch of low grade tasteless common scum. [/quote]

[/quote]During the first world war yes we wound up, like many clubs. Just how stupid are you if you can''t see the obvious difference between the 2 time periods? And actually no we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem, the board has massively under funded the club hence why we are in the position we are and had to rely on loan players. As for your other comments, well obviously I don''t agree with them and anyone saying them is a prat of the highest order, however I do remember Ipswich fans singing about Gunns daughter after she died. Can''t think Norwich fans have done anything which competes with that. Anyway enjoy your crowing for now. As much as we are going through a bad period and will be for a while, especially while the 2 incompetents we have in the board room are still there, football is circular and in a few years it''ll be us above you once again and in typical fashion you''ll be no where to be seen on these boards![/quote]

"No we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem" - deluded fool. Where''s all the parachute money, money for Green etc. gone?

[/quote]Your right, where has the money gone? It didn''t go on players ergo we didn''t go for broke to try to get to the prem did we you dimwitted fool. Seriously we''ve just been relegated, it should be open season for your lot to fill your boots and this is the best you can come up with? You''re given a massive goal to score in and yet your still missing. Jesus wept...

Don''t you just love being lectured on club finances by an Ipswich fan?

God, what has gone wrong? I can remember being outraged at being knocked out of the FA cup by Wigan and the thought of losing a player to Cardiff would have been laughable.

Listening to a Blues fan going on about what is wrong with Norwich is too much.

Muffled gun shot. Clump.

Well done my Ipswich friend you have hit the nail right on the head with this one:-

The fundamental problem though is that the team at the top don''t seem able to realistically evaluate their own weaknesses and take steps to rectify this (which is to appoint people to the board to bring expertise they lack - rather than self-improvement).

Maybe someone should forward it to Neil Doncaster...oh....

Blue boy, nice to see you share the concerns of all Norwich fans. It is horrible seeing your club ruined by well meaning amateurs. There is nothing anyone can do about it while they are the owners and insist on doing it their way. The little Norwich, family club all together and united - watching tedious division 3 football or worse.

Very good original post. It saddens me that (even though I admire and appreciate your effort) that we''ve slipped so far, and look like we''re continuing to slip that the blue boys down the road are commenting (very well I must say) on our plight. Due to somewhat disagreeing with the way the club is being run, and the fact that I''m just about to graduate (thinking about my career, moving in with the missus etc..) I''m not renewing for this year. I feel guilty in a way because I know the club needs all the money it can get, but on the other hand I''m pretty sure they''ll do what they did over the last 4/5 years and spend it unwisely. The future looks bleak for Norwich City in my opinion, however If it wasn''t for the 18,000 that have already renewed I don''t know where we''d be. My hat goes off to them. OTBC.

[quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"][quote user="GB1902"][quote user="crazy"]

[/quote]

Your comparing a period in which half of the Norwich players and fanbase were being shot to s**t in the trenches of France to a period where your greedy owners tried to live the dream and failed spectaculary...? As much as I agree with the original post at the start of this thread this comment just goes to show why you''ll always be a bunch of low grade tasteless common scum.
[/quote]

[/quote]

During the first world war yes we wound up, like many clubs. Just how stupid are you if you can''t see the obvious difference between the 2 time periods? And actually no we didn''t go for broke trying to reach the prem, the board has massively under funded the club hence why we are in the position we are and had to rely on loan players. As for your other comments, well obviously I don''t agree with them and anyone saying them is a prat of the highest order, however I do remember Ipswich fans singing about Gunns daughter after she died. Can''t think Norwich fans have done anything which competes with that. Anyway enjoy your crowing for now. As much as we are going through a bad period and will be for a while, especially while the 2 incompetents we have in the board room are still there, football is circular and in a few years it''ll be us above you once again and in typical fashion you''ll be no where to be seen on these boards!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your right, where has the money gone? It didn''t go on players ergo we didn''t go for broke to try to get to the prem did we you dimwitted fool. Seriously we''ve just been relegated, it should be open season for your lot to fill your boots and this is the best you can come up with? You''re given a massive goal to score in and yet your still missing. Jesus wept...

[/quote]

Oh dear, I''m not talking recently. Try looking further than the end of your nose. £3.5m for Earnshaw when you were already massively in debt springs to mind. As one of your fellow budgies says in this thread "I''m pretty sure they''ll do what they did over the last 4/5 years and spend it unwisely".

[quote user="visitingblueboy"]Sorry about Crazy. If the tone of a thread is going down the pan, he''s the one to pull the chain.

Anyway as most of you realised (but some didn''t) I didn''t want to make a big thing of your
relegation, rather to highlight what I consider the weaknesses in your club at the moment
from the other side of the fence, as it were.

The job of the owners must be terribly difficult. If they are fans of the club (as your two
are) they have got a huge emotional and financial investment in the team and they
must feel powerless to arrest the decline. On top of this, when things go badly they
face abuse from the fans which they don''t know how to stop. Owning a football club
when you have a little money - but not a shed load - must be torture.

The fundamental problem though is that the team at the top don''t seem able to realistically
evaluate their own weaknesses and take steps to rectify this (which is to appoint people
to the board to bring expertise they lack - rather than self-improvement).

You may well be fine. It could be that even with the debt you have you will have a
sufficiently large playing budget (by League 1 standards) to virtually guarantee you
a top half finish - possibly much higher. It could be that with a good start the large
crowds and sense of momentum will see you through the season. We''ll see.

[/quote]

In what way have i brought things down? I''m merely stating facts and responding in kind to budgies that don''t like them.

It is true that in recent years our fortunes have been similar, and we perhaps have similar potential, but I feel we cannot compete with the Gippeswyk history (League Champions, F.A Cup, and UEFA). I also dis-agree with the claim that the capital of East Suffolk is some kind of dump. It does not compare to Norwich but I lived in the town for 3 years and it is a pleasant environment. Nevertheless there are 3 types of fans : 1. Those that support one of the 2 Clubs (but who wish the other Club well, cos we are all East Anglians etc) 2. Those who passionately support NCFC/ITFC but who enjoy the rivalry (hence want each team to play each other), and 3. Those who just wish ever kind of ill on their East Anglian rivals. I belong in the 3rd camp. My personal view is that City have conducted themselves with some credit and decency in these recent years, but the same cannot be said for the Evans regime at Town. I am looking forward to our new challenge, and will be monitoring the progress or lack of it in Suffolk (where I will soon be on holiday). 

Excellent post.

When I heard Gunn was given the job again I thought, well thats it again then.

We needed to dig deep very deep and appoint a manager like Keane but for League 1.

For me PAUL Ince was the name, for delia he was too much  money, too much of a hassle to set up an interview, and general;ly easyier for her to say, give it to Gunn I want to go home.

Its a VERY sad time for City, one that I hope will improve, but I fear a few years in League 1 may break this club and its fan base.

Cheers

[quote user="corbs"]It is true that in recent years our fortunes have been similar, and we perhaps have similar potential, but I feel we cannot compete with the Gippeswyk history (League Champions, F.A Cup, and UEFA). I also dis-agree with the claim that the capital of East Suffolk is some kind of dump. It does not compare to Norwich but I lived in the town for 3 years and it is a pleasant environment. Nevertheless there are 3 types of fans : 1. Those that support one of the 2 Clubs (but who wish the other Club well, cos we are all East Anglians etc) 2. Those who passionately support NCFC/ITFC but who enjoy the rivalry (hence want each team to play each other), and 3. Those who just wish ever kind of ill on their East Anglian rivals. I belong in the 3rd camp. My personal view is that City have conducted themselves with some credit and decency in these recent years, but the same cannot be said for the Evans regime at Town. I am looking forward to our new challenge, and will be monitoring the progress or lack of it in Suffolk (where I will soon be on holiday). [/quote]

In what way has the Evans regime at Town not conducted themselves with credit and decency?

[quote user="visitingblueboy"]OK, I''ll hold my hands up. I''m an Ipswich fan. And I''m not one of those who doesn''t want Norwich to do badly.
Some Ipswich fans wanted you to stay up so we''d still have the derby games to look forward to. Not me.

Its nothing really personal - and I''m sure the feelings would be (mostly) recipricated should the situation
be reversed. So to continue to extract maximum enjoyment from your current situtation I registered here,
not to gloat and post nonsense - its not my style - but to allow me to post where I felt able to contribute
with a semi-serious voice.

Today though, I''m beginning to feel slightly unnerved.

We''ve always been two clubs similar in many ways. Similarly isolated geographically. Similar recent
history, alternating between the top two divisions with brief excursions into Europe the glorious highlights.
Similar falls, although different failings.

Whatever happened though there was always the certainty that there wasn''t much to choose between us really,
and whoever happened to be a division higher at the moment didn''t matter in the grand scheme of things. We''d
meet again someday, and then the clubs would remain about the same. Rangers and Celtic. Arsenal and Spurs.
Ipswich and Norwich.

Today though I watched your press conference to announce your new manager. Obviously I was initially pleased
to see Bryan Gunn appointed for next season, a man who may prove to be a good manager for you in the
medium term, but equally it seems entirely possible he will be out of his depth.

I was of course struck by the difference with our recent change of leadership. On a Monday we appointed a
Chief Exec who used to run the British Olympic Team and a man who seemingly impressed everyone
who met him. On Wednesday we sacked Magilton and on Thursday we appointed Roy Keane - a man
no sane Ipswich fan had mentioned as a possible replacement for Magilton because nobody thought
we''d have any chance of him joining us.

Yesterday you lost your CEO and your Chairman, both apparently having stepped down. Them leaving seems
to be the right move. Nothing has gone right for you recently with a string of managerial appointments turning
sour, so something must be going wrong. To have any chance of uniting the fans, and to breath fresh life
into the club it seemed sensible for there to be change at the top.

So I settled back and waited for local businessmen, or possibly a football administrator to be brought
into the club. The suggestion that our former CEO Derek Bowden might join you seemed sensible. The next
step for the club would be to recruit a leadership team, THEN think about the manager. The CEO and the
manager need to get on. They need to respect each other and one of the CEO''s main jobs is in the
hiring of the manager.

Today though was the weird press conference. Delia sitting silently. Looking stressed, shattered and furious.
Gunn looking petrified, and Jones looking like a small time businessman addressing a room with a handful
of local hacks in.

Why appoint Gunn now? And why have Smith and Jones having apparently been in charge of a series
of bad appointments decided to refresh the board, but not decided to listen to whatever advice the new
appointees will bring? They have fewer voices to listen to, fewer wise words to hear, but they seem
in a huge hurry to make the most important decision. They hadn''t even agreed a contract with Gunn.
Its clearly not agreed how long his contract will be for, let alone the basic salary. With all this in mind
why the hurry? I don''t understand it.

Smith and Jones own the club, but they aren''t expert football administrators. Clearly. The strategy for
them should NOT be to remove the people that ran the club previously and try to do the job themselves.
It may look easy, but it isn''t. The strategy should be to appoint a management team and let THEM
run the club. The board set the targets and the financial parameters. The executive team are in charge
of meeting them.

For the first time I''m looking at Ipswich and Norwich and not looking at two medium sized clubs, one of whom
happens to be doing well, and one of whom happens to be doing badly. I now see one club who has had the great
good fortune to be bankrolled by a very rich man who have clearly got excellent people at the top, and one who
appear to be being run by well-meaning amateurs. And to my surprise it doesn''t give me great pleasure to say this.

You have some things in your favour. The extraordinary reliance on loan players has given the manager a clean sheet
to work from, and your home support is holding up astonishingly. The thought lingers that next season will be crucial
for you. If you start badly then things could get very bad from a financial point of view as your fans drift away. A season
of relegation struggle gives the club a goal and a purpose. A season of mid-table mediocity is something else
and is astonishingly boring (I should know) - and a season of mid-table mediocrity in the third tier is almost
unimaginable. With what I consider such a huge season ahead of you, I''m astonished at the decisions the board
are making, and I wonder how long the effect of the apparent current mismanagement will last.

A long post. Sorry. I''m not trying to gloat. I think I can sum it up though by the thought that Ipswich appear to
be a club thinking big, and Norwich appear to be a club thinking small.

What is really scary is I can see a possible future for you even worse than I would like to see - and that is bad.
Maybe Delia et al will appoint a bunch of clever people. Maybe Gunn will prove an inspired choice. I''m not sure though.[/quote]

With the greatest of respect for your excellent post VBB, the only significant difference between the two clubs is that Ipswich have the luxury of having a multi-millionaire at the helm. After all, it''s certainly not your season ticket sales which pays for Keane or the new CEO. Marcus Evans knows as little about running a football club as the circus at this end, but at least has the business savvy to employ people who know better, such as your CEO and Keane. However, his business acumen has also meant that because of these appointments, he''s managed to deflect attention from the fact that he''s avoided investing in the playing side. I think that David Norris is still his only significant signing, which is interesting that Keane has no track record with anything less than £80 million in his pocket. If Evans'' inclination or other business interests change, you''ll be in very much in the same boat as the rest of us, with nothing to fall back on as you have no season ticket sales to speak of, no local potential investment as you''ve already pi55ed off your local business community by royally shafting them last time you were skint and you don''t even have a ground that you own. You''re right in that, while he''s in charge, it all looks pretty rosy at the moment, but don''t kid yourself that it''s anything more substantial than that.

Green Un - A PRESS conference at Portman Road this afternoon has just been told that Jim Magilton was sacked over the phone by Marcus Evans as he looked after his ill mother in Belfast.

[quote user="singing canary"]what comes round , goes round im sure we will have the chance to take the p** out of you lot , especially when kean blows your transfer budget like he did at sunderland .[/quote]

err yes,  as you say what comes around goes around. 

Didnt you norwich fans spend at least 4 years taking the piss out of us when we went into administration? At least we didnt get relegated during this low period !

Hopefully Keane will have learned some leassons from that period at Sunderland (only time will tell I guess) - but cant say Delia has learnt much from Ipswich''s recent demise though. Which should be enlightening for you lot , as she had plenty to "say" about how ITFC was (poorly) run during this period.

[quote user="curnster"]

With the greatest of respect for your excellent post VBB, the only significant difference between the two clubs is that Ipswich have the luxury of having a multi-millionaire at the helm. After all, it''s certainly not your season ticket sales which pays for Keane or the new CEO. Marcus Evans knows as little about running a football club as the circus at this end, but at least has the business savvy to employ people who know better, such as your CEO and Keane. However, his business acumen has also meant that because of these appointments, he''s managed to deflect attention from the fact that he''s avoided investing in the playing side. I think that David Norris is still his only significant signing, which is interesting that Keane has no track record with anything less than £80 million in his pocket. If Evans'' inclination or other business interests change, you''ll be in very much in the same boat as the rest of us, with nothing to fall back on as you have no season ticket sales to speak of, no local potential investment as you''ve already pi55ed off your local business community by royally shafting them last time you were skint and you don''t even have a ground that you own. You''re right in that, while he''s in charge, it all looks pretty rosy at the moment, but don''t kid yourself that it''s anything more substantial than that.

[/quote]

I agree in part with your view that the two clubs differ by their repsective (potential) bank balances. But isnt that what drives the professional game (sadly) in this Country nowdays ? I recall Royle stating , when he took charge of Town. That we "were now in the second tier of the Championship " due to acute lack of funds, and that to get promotion from it would be very difficult, due to uneven playing field, (no puns here please!!). The game is being killed by sky tv IMHO.

So your point that we (Town) have it good for the time being , as long as Marcus Evans is owning the Club is true. But that can equally be siad of many many other Clubs , and notably a lot preside in the premiership now (West Ham , Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle etc etc).

You , like almost every Norwich fan I know , bangs on about the diference in ST sales. True you have a superior ST sale and have done so for a few years . But if yu care to look back over the records, you ''ll see that this is only fairly "recent" history. As Town were attarcking gate sof 25k plus after we had been relegated AND whilstyou were in the Prmiership during one season. The current differently is not too far apart - and we have been out of the Prem for nigh on 7- 8 years now and pay on average £100 more for our ST''s!

But without wishing to get into the relms of needless "point scoring"  there is all said and done not that much differenrce between the two Clubs , or their supporters!

btw : Good Luck for the new season !

This deserves bumping back to the top...a very interesting read from just FOUR years ago and certainly one to reflect on for both ourselves and the OP!

Simon Clegg + Roy Keane = dream team

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Essex_Canary"]This deserves bumping back to the top...[/quote]Does it?[/quote]

I''m not sure, but by posting I''ve....ooops.....

A very worthy read with some excellent a very perceptive replies.It is almost scary to read the naivety of the binners, when by that stage the earlier concerns had become reality. To claim "I now see one club who has had the great good fortune to be bankrolled by a very rich man who have clearly got excellent people at the top".Bankrolled ! Evans had dumped a £30m plus debt back on the club having bought it for £6m(?) and was charging them the full whack of interest on that £30m. Excellent people ! A CEO who freely admitted he hadn''t a clue about football transfers and went on to prove the fact.Still that is in the past. A time when the debts owed by each club was only different by around £10m (in our favour) rather than the eye watering £100m it is now. The annual income was only around a £1m or so either way rather than the massive difference of £90m this season. Likewise with the season ticket sales and attendances, one and most likely both figures will be double that of the other club.The only similarity now is that we are still seperated by being in different leagues. And totally different leagues now in so many ways. The binners are now not only geographically, but financially and in football terms closer to Colchester than ever they are us.So perhaps as a way of saying a final farewell to our hapless and impoverished neighbours I will add these two thoughts posted by City fans at the time."Ipswich have serious delusions of grandeur and I

suspect that come this time next year we will be in a happier place than

you and I don’t just mean geographically.
"
"and in a few years it''ll be us above you once again and in typical fashion you''ll be no where to be seen on these boards!"

How do people find these posts? Blimey.Anyway, it is interesting to see a time when Ipswich fans used to trawl, read and post on our forum; that hasn''t happened in a while...

The whole Marcaus Evans scenario back then, phrases of "Like a deer in the head lights" comes to mind. I swear blind he is an insider by us and slowly sucking them dry.

Deserve what they get after their administration a few years back and ripping off locals and their £5 waving. Don''t care they are our neighbours, plastic club, plastic fans and a real hole of a place who roll around in history like WACCOE. Move on.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]How do people find these posts? Blimey.Anyway, it is interesting to see a time when Ipswich fans used to trawl, read and post on our forum; that hasn''t happened in a while...[/quote]

Not difficultEither put in the search word and see what happens or maybe a trick is to change the last number in the address bar which will get you to the year/month and go from there

As to the dimwits being here I should imagine they still lurk - you just have to be a bit more wily to flush out brother bin. As was seen a couple of days ago when one of these halfwits was on here pretending to be a City fan (two dutchmen).  Not too difficult though and does provide good sport.

[quote user="crazy"]

[quote user="corbs"]It is true that in recent years our fortunes have been similar, and we perhaps have similar potential, but I feel we cannot compete with the Gippeswyk history (League Champions, F.A Cup, and UEFA). I also dis-agree with the claim that the capital of East Suffolk is some kind of dump. It does not compare to Norwich but I lived in the town for 3 years and it is a pleasant environment. Nevertheless there are 3 types of fans : 1. Those that support one of the 2 Clubs (but who wish the other Club well, cos we are all East Anglians etc) 2. Those who passionately support NCFC/ITFC but who enjoy the rivalry (hence want each team to play each other), and 3. Those who just wish ever kind of ill on their East Anglian rivals. I belong in the 3rd camp. My personal view is that City have conducted themselves with some credit and decency in these recent years, but the same cannot be said for the Evans regime at Town. I am looking forward to our new challenge, and will be monitoring the progress or lack of it in Suffolk (where I will soon be on holiday). [/quote]

In what way has the Evans regime at Town not conducted themselves with credit and decency?

[/quote]Very interesting reading all this stuff from 4 years ago but this comment should be written on the sides of double decker buses and driven round 1p5wich.