Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Steve Greenall

As a bit of a distraction from the current woes, does anyone know what happened to Steve (ie why he left) or where he is now?

Isn''t it amazing what a Google search throws up.

Yes, I know what happened to Steve....... by ''mutual agreement'' my contract was ended, and I left NCFC only to be offered a role with Anglia Multimedia, with whom I worked in setting up the Club''s first official website. I spent about 15 months with them, before they sold out to Granada, so I ventured back into the world of accounting, working for a company in Kimbolton. After two years there I joined a trade association in London, and after my role was made redundant, I joined a company now based in Biggleswade, where I am Financial Controller.

I don''t see many professional games these days, though I do retain some friends in the game, but my football fix comes from involvement with Brampton Spartans, who have mini-soccer and colts teams from under 8 to 17. My son has just completed his 8th consecutive season.

I am not sure all these years on what I can and can''t say about my time at the Club, but suffice to say I joined after an approach to Cambridge United, where I was for 8 years, I was highly involved in the Club''s early web presence (we did rather well in a Which report, I recall) I was instrumental in setting up various e-databases, and took a personal interest in swapping mail with fans, I wrote and drove through the Club''s anti-racism policy, I helped introduce the club to online shopping, and made sure that wherever I could (match programme, yearbook etc) I got maximum fan participation.

I didn''t cry when I heard Bob Cooper had left.

It is very rare but I have swapped occasional mail with Rob Emery.

It was a great surprise to notice that anyone at Carrow Road even remembered me after 9 years, but I wish you all the best for the future.

Ste Greenall

There''s a blast from the past. Stevie G set up what must be the first ever NCFC forum meet-up way back in 1999. Top fella, long time no see.

[quote user="StevieG"]

I wrote and drove through the Club''s anti-racism policy, [/quote]

I hope you remember who gave you that idear in the first place and championed it on the official board in the first place.....

yes i do still have the Match Programme where you mention me and thank me for setting the idear in motion in the first place....

Still.. credit where it''s due eh?

good to hear your keeping well and well done to your lad for 8 years with the same team!

jas :)

Blimey, I didn''t expect to see those names from the past. Question....does the PA man still play "Samba di Janiero" when the goals go in?

Has anyone still got the programme where I persuaded Iwan to have his face painted?

I still have a number of screen prints and messages sent to me before I left the club, hence I can rememeber many of you.

Is Canary Mail still going....not bad, you know, from scratch we ''recruited'' 1,200 inside a year.

Ste 

[quote user="StevieG"]

Blimey, I didn''t expect to see those names from the past. Question....does the PA man still play "Samba di Janiero" when the goals go in?

Has anyone still got the programme where I persuaded Iwan to have his face painted?

I still have a number of screen prints and messages sent to me before I left the club, hence I can rememeber many of you.

Is Canary Mail still going....not bad, you know, from scratch we ''recruited'' 1,200 inside a year.

Ste 

[/quote]

oh yes,

"does the PA man still play "Samba di Janiero" when the goals go in?"That''ll be one of the things that hasn''t changed! You may not recognise the football in between the goals though...I can feel a campaign coming on "Say No To Janiero"[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="StevieG"]

I wrote and drove through the Club''s anti-racism policy, [/quote]

idear

[/quote]LOL

[quote user="LQ"]"does the PA man still play "Samba di Janiero" when the goals go in?"

That''ll be one of the things that hasn''t changed! You may not recognise the football in between the goals though...

I can feel a campaign coming on "Say No To Janiero"

[;)]

[/quote]

i didn''t realise till Steve said that we had been playing it that long! years!

is it time to put it to bed in favour of another song?

Well if we''re going to treat this season as a new start as opposed to just a continuation of a downwards spiral then now is the time for change.Can we do it?Yes we can![;)]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Any music celebrating a goal is daft, even more so in League One.[/quote]

good point.. perhaps we should scrap it entirely...

I''m also in favour of scrapping silly half time competitions.. they dont do them on the continent and it must just annoy the subs warming up at half time...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So how long have we actually been playing that daft music for then?  Must be at least 10 years?[/quote]

the single was released about 12 years ago.. so it must be 10 at the very least!

Right - I''ll get some badges made...SAY NO TO JANIERO!Let me know if you want one

[quote user="LQ"]Right - I''ll get some badges made...

SAY NO TO JANIERO!

Let me know if you want one

[/quote]

Wonder if I can get Lakers to wear one in a video....

What about t-shirts?

Whatever you want!If the orders come in I''ll find a way to do it [;)]The campaign starts here...

"I didn''t cry when I heard Bob Cooper had left."

Sounds like there''s a storey behind that particular remark.

Anyway, good to hear you''re still alive and kicking.

Graham, daft it may be to some, but having first been used in October 1998 - by me - it worked superbly to get the crowd singing after goals went in, and I know you could hear it long after I left. I remember telling mates then when City got into the Premiership "listen out next season when they are on Match of the Day, to see if they still play Samba di Janiero when the goals go in" They did, and from the sound of it, still do.

Time for a change.....I reckon so, but don''t dismantle my Anti-racism policy, used to greta effect within a few months of my departure.

Ste

[quote user="StevieG"]

Time for a change.....I reckon so, but don''t dismantle my Anti-racism policy, used to greta effect within a few months of my departure.

Ste

[/quote]

and so it was.... still, a word of thanks for suggesting it to you on the official forums and sending you a few emails in the early part wouldn''t go amiss.....

Like i said the other day, i still have the match programme where you thank me for the suggestion....woul''d of been nice to be acknowledged again Steve G.

I might scan it actually for a few to read on here.

....jas, well done for suggesting it.....as I said, it doesn''t matter who suggested it, wrote it, proposed it....JUST SO LONG AS IT IS STILL THERE.

Please do scan it....I don''t have a copy

Ste

ps - nice to have added to a long thread after all this time....things MUSt be bad ;-)

[quote user="StevieG"]

....jas, well done for suggesting it.....as I said, it doesn''t matter who suggested it, wrote it, proposed it....JUST SO LONG AS IT IS STILL THERE.

Ste

ps - nice to have added to a long thread after all this time....things MUSt be bad ;-)

[/quote]

more than happy to scan it for you Steve!

will do it over the weekend... if the scanner decides to play ball! its over worked and underpaid.. like all of us!

was it Bob coopers idea to appoint Hamilton?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="StevieG"]

Ste

[/quote]

more than happy to scan it for you Steve!

will do it over the weekend... if the scanner decides to play ball! its over worked and underpaid.. like all of us!

was it Bob coopers idea to appoint Hamilton?

[/quote]

Just a little bit off topic Jas but your post reminded me what Bob Cooper once said to me when there was concern over Brian Hamilton''s ability to manage..."make no mistake Brian will take this football club to better times" About two weeks later we played Portsmouth and the rest is history.

Anyway Hello Steve from John Tilson.

I have just been reading the Chris Hughton racism story. How does this sit with the Racism Policy I wrote - inspired by "Jas the barclay king" back in 1999? I know it is a long time ago, but the policy should still be in force - unless some idiot scrapped it Hope all''s well. You never know, someone might read this and remember.

Ste