Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

No decision on Gunn today

So everyone calm the puck down! It''s official, he isn''t manager, yet.

"Today we met with Bryan Gunn, Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook and they set out their desire to help lead the Club forward and their vision for the future if they are appointed. We were impressed as always by their passion and commitment".

But passion and commitment doesnt win you games as he and grant have shown. I just hope they hurry up and make some decisions because free agents will start to find new clubs and we will miss out on them

"We have made a good and solid start to tackling these issues and there will be changes at this Football Club."Lets hope so.

So they''re now going to go through the facade of "interviewing" candidates again (FFS, I wonder how the applicants feel about being "interviewed" by a Cook, a retired publisher and her consort, and a man who confesses to knowing nothing about football!) and saying how "impressed" they''ve been by the quality of applicants-before appointing Gunn and Co anyway.Its a done deal, they just want to be seen to be "thinking" about it."Michael, who''s this Jim Cannon...Gannon, Gammon, we''ve a letter from him about the job-and Aidy Littlejohn or something?"

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Well what does that say about what Gunn said to the reporter? Cocky and arrogant..
[/quote]

Exactly.

This is my reading of the situation fwiw:

The statement on the official site was almost certainly posted in response to the reaction on here.  Word got out before they intended it to (first cockup Gunny, that didn''t take long!)

I fully expect the decision to be confirmed in due course - unless of course Gunny''s big mouth changes everything (unlikely) - but I think they''re playing for time and trying to regain control of the situation.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Well what does that say about what Gunn said to the reporter? Cocky and arrogant..[/quote]

Exactly.

This is my reading of the situation fwiw:

The statement on the official site was almost certainly posted in response to the reaction on here.  Word got out before they intended it to (first cockup Gunny, that didn''t take long!)

I fully expect the decision to be confirmed in due course - unless of course Gunny''s big mouth changes everything (unlikely) - but I think they''re playing for time and trying to regain control of the situation.

[/quote]Agreed. I think that may well have cost him the job right there. Seeing the reaction from the supporters must now nullify his chances?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No you all look a bit silly [:P]
[/quote]

So glad I didn''t jump the gunn like so many did. [:P]
[/quote]

I did. I said some truely nasty things. I will stand by them if/when he gets the job but until then consider them retracted. Gunn you are not a fat t##t. [:$]