Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

An alternative take on Gunn being appointed

Okay, I can see and read the frustrations and abject shock by most posters to the news that Gunn has been appointed as manager of this club. The case against him being appointed is strong (as documented elsewhere) - and it appears to reward him for failure (taking us down).

But as he is now our manager, are there any positives, even if the negatives appear to outweigh them? We need to emphasise the positives, as otherwise we''ll drown ourselves in dispair for the next couple of months. So are there any positives to his appointment?

Firstly, he cares about this club. He is desperate to turn it around and get us back up. It''s like a situation where he wants to stay and fix the thing that became broken. If we were in his situation, and as passionate as he clearly is, we''d all be exactly the same. He''s hurting, and he wants responsibility to fix it. He''s being brave taking the job - just reading this forum tonight shows this. Yes, passion is no substitute for experience, but it''s a start. All managers start somewhere.

Secondly, he knows what is wrong with the club. He''s seen first hand what a load of dross we have in our first team squad and how the loan system does not help. He knows which players are the rotten apples. He will (hopefully) clear out the 95% of first team players who need to go. If he fails to dispense with the likes of Marshall, Ostemobor, Russell, Lappin, Cureton (and others), by the end of August, then I know he''s already failed, as he is setting his stall out on getting in players who want to play for us, have heart and committment, which we have been lacking.

Anyway - please vent away about the negatives if you so wish (lack of experience, poor record, team selections etc)! But he is our manager and we must get behind him and give him the benefit of the doubt until Christmas if we are to make a quick return. Not in the top 6 by Christmas, time to wave goodbye.

I would certainly prefer Gunn to some of the names mentioned on here for similar reasons.I expect that we will be in a minority in here though! But we have seen how representative this message board is of the fans as a whole. They despise most of us!

Are you the majority?  Are you sure?

[quote user="Badger"]I would certainly prefer Gunn to some of the names mentioned on here for similar reasons.I expect that we will be in a minority in here though! But we have seen how representative this message board is of the fans as a whole. They despise most of us![/quote]

[quote user="Badger"]
I would certainly prefer Gunn to some of the names mentioned on here for similar reasons.

I expect that we will be in a minority in here though! But we have seen how representative this message board is of the fans as a whole. They despise most of us!

[/quote]

Tell me about it!  Go on Gunny!

He is a puppet, yes he knows the problems, and possibly cares for the Club, (in my opinion its just a job to him , better paid than his previous position, whatever that was), but he will not change anything , he does not seem to have any awareness of tactics , or player strengths and weaknesses, and he is never going to stand up against the board ,( consisting of self interested people) in defence of the footballing side of Norwich City.

To give him another 6 months is tantamount to condenmimg the club to at least an extra season in League one . Nice old boy apparently,,, do the decent thing Brian , Now , not after you drag the club down even further than you already have .

There are no positives from retaining the services of an incompetent( at management) ex Goal keeper.whose singular memory etched in my mind , was his air kick against the scum!  

I have supported the club for 40 Years, but if he is appointed manager, I will return my season tickets in protest, and I guarantee that I will be one of many who do the same , can the board really afford to start sacrificing the 18,000 season ticket windfall for the sake of avoiding the cost of a real manager ? No of course they can''t...but it might not stop it happening . If it does , i will return to watch when the mistake has been rectified.

For anyone who thinks I am disloyal , well , you are entitled to your opinion, but this is the only way I am able to express my deep concern for the future of the club I have supported all of my life , and will continue to support for the rest of it .

[quote user="Pastry"] Are you the majority?  Are you sure?

[quote user="Badger"]I would certainly prefer Gunn to some of the names mentioned on here for similar reasons.I expect that we will be in a minority in here though! But we have seen how representative this message board is of the fans as a whole. They despise most of us![/quote][/quote]? Majority and minority mean different things.