Erdworthy 8

Flem 7

Charlton 7

Jonson 5

Helveg 3 (awful, just awful)

Holt 8 (much better)

Franics 7

Hucks 7

McKenzie 7 (best game I''ve seen him play in the Prem)

Subs: Sven 7 (surprisingly good), Bentley 6, the Doc 6

Grown men don''t cry DD,  sniff ! 

I agree about our Scandinavian duo (very poor) but I think Leon was worth more than 7, my man-of-the-match.sniff !"

Anyone got a hankie, snuffle !

Shame about Ip**ch though, 2-0 up, drew 2-2 (again) chortle !    

I didn''t think Jonson looked that bad and Helveg certainly didn''t deserve a 3, 5 maybe. 

Huckerby is so much more effective on that wing, awesome today.  McKenzie quality, knew he could do it.

The first goal, awful defending , 4 defenders running to near post left back post and player unmarked.

Why are our first halves so poor?  We keep losing 2 or 3 points in the first half.  Inspired 2nd half, but whatever Nigel says at half time, why doesn''t he do it before the match.

You crybabies are not looking at the positive side ! ...... we scored two goals ... right ? .......  and thats no mean feat against Everton    .......  we`ll click  into place pretty soon !   I will now go and pray to my god that  mancity  gets it big time 

Disappointed to get nothing - yes.  Ready for a hankie - no!  I have my philosophical hat on, pulled well down to keep my hair dry in all this rain...and, despite the low-key first half performance we showed we were quite evenly matched with them over the 90 minutes.  Ok, the score didn''t reflect that at the end, but we''ve come quite a way since last season, and remember their confidence is sky high, along with their rather surprising position in the table!  It''s going to be a long, hard season, but surely none of us thought it would be any different - not really?  Until mathematically impossible to save ourselves (a long way off yet) we and the players must keep believing. 

Positives at the moment for me, compared with a few weeks ago, are that we are creating much more (just need to convert more), aren''t being outclassed by anyone (except for Liverpool and Arsenal so far), and everyone seems to be working as hard as ever for each other.  Worthy''s got a difficult job to keep the morale and confidence going for sure, and work to do to get two halves of equally competitive football out of us, but if anyone''s going to do it I feel he will.  Meanwhile it''s comforting to find ourselves in the company of several other teams who aren''t playing well by all accounts, whereas we generally are, although we have little to show for it I admit.

Not time, therefore, to buy shares in Kleenex just yet.  (Pop over to West Brom''s Rivals site if you want to find plenty of fans who appear to have bought them already!)

Why did we have to change our formation when we were the home team?  Once we were 2-0 down we reverted to a 4-3-3 and caused Everton so many problems.  Huckerby, McKenzie and Svensson looked good together in the second half.  Let us keep the same 3 in for the Man City game.

Yes it was a shame today because on our second half performance we deserved to get something from the game.  The decision to bring in Helveg to combat the Everton midfield backfired badly, Safri would have been a better option as at least he can pass the ball to his own men.

McKenzie was my man of the match and if he hadn''t gone off with cramp I''m sure we could have got the equaliser.  We need to learn from this result and take the positives out of the game and look to upset Man City in the next game. 

all in all a very entertaining match, i watched it in squares, which was very different from actually being there (everton sounded v loud on sky!!) - we should have won it and created some great chances - shame we just couldn''t win, though a lot of the play is improving we still are losing it badly in midfield, francis is still doing too much defensively and not getting enough balls through to the front players, hucks was great again, nothing changed there, helveg, needs time to gell into the team, jonson looked good, mckenzie, superb, just what he needed, another five or six games and he will have a great goal/game ratio, everton were great in midfield and at the back, so a good test for us

nice to see david moyes doing well and being generous towards us afterwards in interview, makes a refreshing change from fergie and co

roll on wednesday and st james park, can hardly wait!!

Dont know what game you were watching, I though that jonson had a decent game, there seems to be a bit of a conspiracy to have a pop at the scandinavians at every opportunity, Svenson, the brunt some unfair stick in the past, today played his best 45 mins since joining the club.

I agree that helveg''s distribution was awful but at the same time the options for a pass during the first 45 mins were at times dreadful, no movement what so ever in front or out wide, Im sure he could have knocked balls back to fleming chalton or edworthy all afternoon, but just in case you haven''t noticed we lack anyone who posses''s the ability to perform the playmaker role with any consistency, so he messed up, at least he was trying to do the right thing, he will come good, of that im sure.  (Before someone proposes Mulryne as our answer to this problem; think again, he only performed on a few occasions last season, he simply isnt fit enough or good enough).

One person to escape criticism is Adam Drury & he more than anyone has been at fault for a number of goals conceded this season,   

Once again today we were taught simple lessons,

1.miss your chances & and you will lose 

2.give the ball away you will lose

3.defend badly you will lose

Dumble, what game were you watching? Or is that just yellow and green specs? Your ratings for our defence are ridiculous!

A few people have been on here and said how can our defence be any good when weve let in loads of goals and others, including me, have replied that it''s the whole team that defends not just the defence and that on the whole the back five have been great. But not today.

First goal was serious school-boy defending and must surely have been what NW was talking about when he said he''d seen the worst (and best) of NCFC today. Just look at it on the telly if you get another chance. As soon Cahill runs in on goal the ENTIRE back line are drawn towards him as if by some strange force! As a result Osman and Kilbane and further back Gravesen where queuing up to bang it in when the pull back came. It was comical.

Fleming could have got goal side of Bent too. Yes it was like watching Brazil in the second have and that was heartening but lets face it, in that game we should have:

a) never conceded that dreadful first goal

b) scored 8. Our two, Huckerby twice: once when he didn''t go in with the keeper properly, another off the line, Francis two: missed header from on the goal line, shot that struck Stubbs on the goal line, Mckenzie two: another header on the goal line from Hux cross and his missed scissor kick volley! Nice but just stick your head on it mate!

Ok, maybe tough expecting all of them to go in but hey, they were all VERY good chance, not half chances. We really could have stuffed them. So i''m still quite angry about it! And yes, i did want to cry!

Not only that, but in my fantasy game i play, we just had a transfer window and i handed back the follwing players:

Gudjohnssen - hat-trick
Hall - Clean sheet, goal
Glenn Johnson - Clean sheet (the guy has not played ALL season until the game after i hand him back!!

That''s 28 points i missed out on! Double cry!
(why is there no crying smilie?!)

I know how you feel A1 Canary.  I do the Telegraph Fantasy Football and the times i have transferred players only for them to score a couple of goals or a defender to score getting bonus points.

On the other hand the times I have transferred players in cos they have scored loads of goals only for them to dry up is absolutely amazing or transferred a defender in cos he has kept loads of clean sheets (Adam Drury) only for them in the next game to concede a load.  And I thought I was the only one.  Its so frustrating but just goes to show how hard it is to be a manager.

[quote]Cos I sure as hell did! Never mind, the win will come KEEP THE FAITH Player ratings: Green 7 Drury 7 Erdworthy 8 Flem 7 Charlton 7 Jonson 5 Helveg 3 (awful, just awful) Holt 8 (much bet...[/quote]

What!, the wiz cry DD?, I was left feeling too bloody numb for that my friend!.

So much so, that I can''t face reading my ''Pink Un'' today. Now that is unusual for me.

Oh, and I don''t rate Helveg either.

Now, where is that dark corner for me to sulk in!.

Oh and about Helveg - ok, he didn''t achieve much but i saw some good signs myself. In particular, he didn''t hide. He was trying to find that killer pass a lot and they weren''t coming off but he continued to get on the ball a lot and get involved rather than disappear altogether. He also has a great tackle on him. But i agree he needed to come off because things weren''t working but i still think he will have a lot to offer.

Well said A1! Our defence has now conceeded 17 goals in 10 games and lacked any real concentration today - the 1st and 3rd goals on Sat were appalling to conceed.

How any player can get an 8 after that first half is baffling. Greeno deserved a 6 , Drury 5 and the rest 4 at best. In the second half things were better from all players but probably only Leon deserved an 8 in the second half. An average of between 5-6 is all they deserve for losing so poorly to an average but hard working side.

OTBC

Yes, I did feel like crying. I was nursing a hangover from Friday night & rather than mooch at home, I decided to go to the pub and watch it. Being a Canary down here is a lonely enough experience as it is, but when a pack of scousers walk in the pub, all wearing Everton shirts & sit down next to you, you suddenly feel VERY lonely!!  I was so dissapointed at half-time but whatever NW says at half-time he should say before kick-off! What a second half it was, even the Everton fans (who were all very friendly & honest enough to admit we were unlucky) said they couldn''t believe it was the same team.

Top marks to Leon,Hux & Holty. Helveg,still not sure about him as with Jonson. Francis showed his class again but our defence is too naive. Hopefully we will learn, and quickly because the 10 games we we all hoping could turn it around will run out soon.

I have to say I think we are a BETTER TEAM than Blackburn,Southampton and WBA but they might be better equipped for the relegation dogfight.  However, I will keep the faith, I love this club.  OTBC