Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Official club statement

From the official site, smells of a takeover to me!!! [:D][;)]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1650412,00.htmlPlease let this be a new owner to appoint his own manager!!!!????

STATEMENT FROM CLUB DIRECTORS

Posted on: Wed 06 May 2009

AFTER today''s Board meeting, the Directors of Norwich City have issued the following statement:

Today we had a frank and productive meeting to discuss the way forward for Norwich City Football Club.

There are a number of crucial issues to be resolved, including:

* The possibility of new external investment into the Club* The possibility of changes to the composition of the Board of Directors* The appointment of a management team to lead us next season* The financial situation facing the Club* The ramifications of this financial situation for the business as a whole* The ramifications of this financial situation in relation to the size of next season''s playing budget * The type of players who will represent Norwich City in the future

We have made a good and solid start to tackling these issues and there will be changes at this Football Club.

Today we met with Bryan Gunn, Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook and they

set out their desire to help lead the Club forward and their vision for

the future if they are appointed. We were impressed as always by their

passion and commitment - but no decision will be made today on the

managerial situation as some of the issues listed above need to be

resolved first.

The discussions started today will continue. When there is any

further news to announce, we will inform our supporters and the media.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is everybody on here saying Gunn has got the job?The official site says the opposite?[/quote]Because they are misinterpreting an interview with him on SSN.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is everybody on here saying Gunn has got the job?

The official site says the opposite?
[/quote]

Thats what im thinking,i know the season finished but someone got to be called manager,maybe its just "carry on for now" for Gunn.

No he hasn''t. And he doesn''t claim to in his interview either. He has clearly been asked to continue until a more permanent appointment is made; presumably because his original appt was until Sunday when the season ended.

Official site says as above. Stating that they have put forward their case. Now if I am reading this right the part about there WILL be changes at the club? The part of an actual mention of new investment?I am reading a new board? A new owner to put his own man in charge, so no decision to be made yet?I hope I am right and that Cullum or another investor is on board.This is the most exciting post on the official site I have seen in years! I believe we may be getting a fresh start soon?[<:o)]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is everybody on here saying Gunn has got the job?

[/quote]

Because everyone loves an urban myth and it gives them something to rail against.It''s like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

Reading between the lines . . . the meeting was to gauge whether the Three Stooges wanted the job.   It wasn''t an interview to assess their suitability - they''ve been here since January so why would they need that?

If they say yes, it''s almost certainly theirs imo.

It matters little to me whether or not Gunn has the job. What are we going to do about the total lack of quality at the club. Cos I''ll tell you one thing even before we lose the so called stars like Clingan and Croft the squad isn''t good enough to get out of Div 1.

[quote user="cityangel"]So Gunn hasnt got the job?[/quote]

So the club say. It looks like it will be a while before any managerial decision are made. Thank God, I was just tying the noose. [:D]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Official site says as above. Stating that they have put forward their case. Now if I am reading this right the part about there WILL be changes at the club? The part of an actual mention of new investment?I am reading a new board? A new owner to put his own man in charge, so no decision to be made yet?I hope I am right and that Cullum or another investor is on board.This is the most exciting post on the official site I have seen in years! I believe we may be getting a fresh start soon?[<:o)][/quote]Anybody else interpret the announcement this way? Or am i just hoping (Praying?)

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is everybody on here saying Gunn has got the job?

[/quote]

Because they are misinterpreting an interview with him on SSN.
[/quote]

Sky sports said "Gunn is to continue as manager of the club next season" to me that can only be taken one way, he has the job.Sorry if i''m being thick!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is everybody on here saying Gunn has got the job?The official site says the opposite?[/quote]Because they are misinterpreting an interview with him on SSN.[/quote]

Sky sports said "Gunn is to continue as manager of the club next season" to me that can only be taken one way, he has the job.Sorry if i''m being thick!!

[/quote]Who''s more in the know? The journalists at SSN who took Gunns words as 2+2 and got 5? or the club who employ him?!

Sky have changed their info now to Gunn will carry on for the time being until decision is made

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

So the club say. It looks like it will be a while before any managerial decision are made. Thank God, I was just tying the noose. [:D]

[/quote]and the only people who are saying he has is people like you....[:|][:|]

There are a number of crucial issues to be resolved, including:

* The possibility of new external investment into the Club
* The possibility of changes to the composition of the Board of Directors
* The appointment of a management team to lead us next season
* The financial situation facing the Club
* The ramifications of this financial situation for the business as a whole
* The ramifications of this financial situation in relation to the size of next season''s playing budget
* The type of players who will represent Norwich City in the future

We knew this before the start of today, I was kind of hopeing for something a little more concrete TBH.

If new majority share holders come in in the near future and "changes are made to the composition of the Board of Directors" how can this board say yay or nay to Gunn as manager? Presumably new owners would want to bring in their own managerial team. So I''m not sure there was much point in actually interviewing Gunn apart from perhaps to confirm to him that he has the authority to continue until these other more fundamental and pressing decisions are made.

I think the really sad thing here is - and no one has thought of this yet - we''re all arguing about who the manager might be, who''s good enough or not to wear the shirt next year etc, whereas the following line from the statement "The ramifications of this financial situation for the business as a whole" inevitably means that the real innocent victims of this crisis - the clubs junior staff and infrastructure - could very easily find a large proportion of their number out of work in the very near future.

With that in mind, the board simply have to be given the time and space to work things out and I''d have said that for now, the manager''s name is the last thing they should be worried about and respect the truly affected individuals.

Its a statement of the bleeding obvious - all it tells us is that they talked about all the things that we have been talking about on here for the last 3 weeks and like us cant agree what to do next.   They will talk some more and there will be changes but as of this evening they are not clear what those changes will be.

As part of that the current management team have pitched to keep their jobs and were not so bad that they were kicked out (which is a bad thing) but were not convincing enough for them to be confirmed as the management team for the next season (which is a good thing).  If there are the rumoured cash injections take overs etc on the cards that can be quickly resolved it makes sense to avoid committing to a manger assuming those deals can be quickly agreed.

Basically they have bought themselves more thinking time.  Is that a bad thing?  I dont think so.  

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

and the only people who are saying he has is people like you....[:|][:|]
[/quote]

Eh? Didnt I just say he hasnt got the job? Come on Duffman, thats just silly.

[quote user="cityangel"]Bumped up for Smudger [:)][/quote]

Thanks CA, I can see it now... [H]

Typical Spineless post from our spineless directors...

They must of sat there looking very blankly at each other if that is the best that they could come up with in a day of talks.

We need action NOW, not next next week, next month or next year!

Why has Doncaster not been sacked already or his salary drastically reduced?

Why no statement from Delia & Wynn Jones regarding their failure to face the fans on Monday and feedback of what happened at their supposed meeting seking fresh investment in London?

Why no statement telling us that Bryan Gunn is not going to be Manager?

I disagree, I think this is a positive E-Mail that smells of a takeover. Surely if the board were to stay on sackings and appointments could have been made i.e DONCASTER! The fact he and others remain and that no spinning knee jerk reaction has been made. Leads to the conclusion that this decision will lie elsewhere on a new owners shoulders.I am rather excited by this E-Mail!