Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Derby county in for Croft.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I can understand if he wants to stay, but why should he? This club can''t further him as a player unless he wants to go backwards.

Pity we couldn''t get some money for him in Janurary really. But hey, he''s no good to us in League one if he doesn''t want to play. I think he''d do quite well in the third tier and contrary to popular belief he could rip some of their defences apart.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Player of the season can leave on a free.

Only at Norwich.
[/quote]

Please stop finding any reason to have a dig!

While I''d agree that Croft was one of our best players this season, he is the most unjust player of the year I''ve ever known.

Whether we stayed up or not I wouldn''t be bothered if Croft left cause he still looks far better than what he actually is - which is a player with very little end product!

[quote user="book end"]That''s nice for him. Another relegation struggle next year then.[/quote]

...yes, for Derby, should they sign him.  Of course, he''ll put 100% effort in and the fans will love him for it, but he''ll produce the same as he did here: little or no end product.  He ended the season with 160+ crosses but only 3 assists, ffs, and people wonder why some of us weren''t convinced.  He wasn''t even reliable enough to take corners or freekicks which imo, for a winger, is strange. 

If he leaves Croft go with my best wishes, but Bell had twice or three times the end product even if he was a lazy bugger.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="book end"]That''s nice for him. Another relegation struggle next year then.[/quote]

...yes, for Derby, should they sign him.  Of course, he''ll put 100% effort in and the fans will love him for it, but he''ll produce the same as he did here: little or no end product.  He ended the season with 160+ crosses but only 3 assists, ffs, and people wonder why some of us weren''t convinced.  He wasn''t even reliable enough to take corners or freekicks which imo, for a winger, is strange. 

If he leaves Croft go with my best wishes, but Bell had twice or three times the end product even if he was a lazy bugger.

[/quote]

Fair enough and I agree with all that but we dont have a pot to wee-wee in and Croft was worth a fair wadge of cash. Another example of poor management as he should have been tied to a contract months ago.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Player of the season can leave on a free.Only at Norwich.[/quote]

Please stop finding any reason to have a dig!

While I''d agree that Croft was one of our best players this season, he is the most unjust player of the year I''ve ever known.

Whether we stayed up or not I wouldn''t be bothered if Croft left cause he still looks far better than what he actually is - which is a player with very little end product!

[/quote]We had to pay him ''til June anyway.Surely the sound move would have been to offer him an extra 12 + 12 months on say a couple of £K a week more but make it clear to Crofty that he could leave without any problems if anyone came in for him after the end of the season. Crofty would have had a pay rise and we''d have got a fee when he left. Everyones a winner.

With his accuracy for crossing a ball, if he plays for Derby then our strikers should score a hatfull!

Croft was an insult to the BB trophy.

[quote user="AJ"]Unfortunately I have to agree. I can understand if he wants to stay, but why should he? This club can''t further him as a player unless he wants to go backwards.[/quote]First prize!

Wouldn''t really have expected him to go to Derby but if he does then I guess they''re a pretty big club, got a few good players there and they''ve probably got a bit of money. Plus a young manager with some ideas.

Would rather he stayed at Norwich though. He''s a really good footballer at Championship level. I know his crossing lets him down a bit sometimes but too many people only see that and not the rest of his game which is very good.

[quote user="GJP"]I know his crossing lets him down a bit sometimes but too many people only see that and not the rest of his game which is very good.[/quote]But aren''t wingers meant to cross the ball? I''m sure that''s what they''re meant to do… then again I may be wrong![:''(]

[quote user="The Butler"]

With his accuracy for crossing a ball, if he plays for Derby then our strikers should score a hatfull!

Croft was an insult to the BB trophy.

[/quote]

Well said BUTLER... [;)]

This is something that the happy clappies shot me down for saying at the Fans Forum on Monday.

I''d rather we kept him, but he''s certainly not worth the £9k a week he was demanding. So bye bye Crofty.

Croft is a waste of a place in the eleven. He disguises his lack of end product with a lot of huff and puff. Someone that works as hard as he does with so little effect simply can''t have enough ability.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="GJP"]I know his crossing lets him down a bit sometimes but too many people only see that and not the rest of his game which is very good.[/quote]But aren''t wingers meant to cross the ball? I''m sure that''s what they''re meant to do… then again I may be wrong![:''(][/quote] ......but we will miss all the goals he scores[;)]

No great loss to be honest.. Cant cross, cant pass, looks over-weight, scored a couple of good goals but contributed very little else this season. Cant fault his work-rate but dont think he''s got a great deal of tech about him and he must be a high earner.. Biya

[quote user="Pudd"]Croft is a waste of a place in the eleven.

He disguises his lack of end product with a lot of huff and puff.

Someone that works as hard as he does with so little effect simply can''t have enough ability.
[/quote]

Spot on[Y]

[quote user="norfolk royal"]I''m amazed that a player of such little ability won the Player of the Year trophy.[/quote]

...especially with a much more deserving Sammy Clingan in the side.

[quote user="norfolk royal"]I''m amazed that a player of such little ability won the Player of the Year trophy.[/quote]

Spot on royal. Never rated Croft myself. Typifies so many Norwich players recently. Lots of hype/promise...little or no delivery. Good riddance.

[quote user="Buckethead"]We had to pay him ''til June anyway.Surely the sound move would have been to offer him an extra 12 + 12 months on say a couple of £K a week more but make it clear to Crofty that he could leave without any problems if anyone came in for him after the end of the season. Crofty would have had a pay rise and we''d have got a fee when he left. Everyones a winner.[/quote]Isn''t that how the player wage bill escalates?

Is it actually going to be much of a loss? For me the disappointing crosses and the lack of fitness in the last quarter of matches always over shadowed his willingness to take on opposition full backs.

The only loss is that he’ll go on a free and we’ll see no money for him; if he wouldn’t sign a contract last summer we should have sold him whilst he still had some value…who made that decision? (the Board or Roeder?)