Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Mythbusters

There are many "truths" on these boards that are irking me, repeated allegations that I find funny that I felt should be debunked if possible:1) The extra 10,000 crowds over the 14-16,000 we had in the late 90s are all deliaites who turn up just to be near her. They would go away if she left.Really? 10,000 people. Thats some amazing amount of Celebrity!   I reckon there are actually 6 people in the world who would do this, 5 of which are currently sectioned.  The other one is Cluck, who is still obcessed with her after she spurned his advances all those years ago.  He doesn''t go to matches though, because he doesn''t actually like football that much.  Also if these people were here for delia, why didn''t they start coming in 1996.  The started coming when we got good at football.  Some will start to drift away again, since we aren''t as good, some will discover they actually enjoy the experience of going to matches and supporting the team and stay.  It happens to every team that ios good for a period and then declines.

2) Delia took over the club because it gives her celebrity status.Really? Delia had far more celebrity status as a chef prior to giving it up to sit on the board.  If she wanted the celebrity she would have just stayed on TV in 1996.

3) Delia is skimming profits of player slaes into her own pockets.Really?  Wouldn''t it be easier and safer just to not invest any more money?  The money gets eaten up by something called a football club, you may have heard they tend to be expensive.

4) Doncaster is a master of the black art of spin.Really?  If he is the black art of spin is fairly transparent!  He is crap at spinning, if he wasn''t his head wouldn''t be the one being called for!

5) Delia only has her own interests at heart and would do whats best for her even at the expense of the club.Really? In which case why has she never taken a wage for her role, which would be perfectly normal? This would clearly be in her interests adn not the clubs.

Thats all for now.  I know it will be labelled apologist drivell by some.  Let it be clear, I would like change to happen at boartd level, how much I''m not sure.  I''d also like to see Delia replaced by someone who can do a better job, just some of the stuff on here is really really badly thought out.If anyone has any other examples, I''ll be happy to have a go at debunking them.

Whe someone has bothered to read this purile drivel...would they then post a very brief translation for us who couldn''t be arsed?

The emphasis being on very......

Thank you.

Precisely zero of the numbered statements are true.That short enough for you.

[quote user="crowey66"]HOE DO YOU KNOW SHE HAS NEVER TAKEN A WAGE.I HEARD DIFFERENT MATE.[/quote]

Then you heard wrong.  It is public record that not only does she not take a wage but she pays for her own ticket

The motivation of Delia and Co was to form the club on a new basis. She was willing to put in a considerable sum, - reputedly half their personal fortune, and supporters would also invest, to make a family club with supporters involved. She was right in praising the Charlton model, and it might have worked, but for good or bad it was overtaken by events when we won promotion to the premiership and there was no money for consolidation.I think that she has made significant contributions in other ways, such as in catering which provides considerable income for the club.Sadly, I think that there were errors in decision making, -  possibly in keeping on Worthy too long, and in the appointments which followed. In fairness to her and the Board, they did take advice from very experienced people....

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="crowey66"]HOE DO YOU KNOW SHE HAS NEVER TAKEN A WAGE.I HEARD DIFFERENT MATE.[/quote]

Then you heard wrong.  It is public record that not only does she not take a wage but she pays for her own ticket

[/quote]

That''s it then....

I take it all back..... (blows raspberry).

[quote user="Salopian"]

I think that she has made significant contributions in other ways, such as in catering which provides considerable income for the club.

[/quote]

I have been told she takes 75% of the catering profit which is not exactly generous of her!  

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[quote user="Salopian"]I think that she has made significant contributions in other ways, such as in catering which provides considerable income for the club.

[/quote]

I have been told she takes 75% of the catering profit which is not exactly generous of her!  

[/quote]I understand she takes all of the profit from the catering side of the club. I suppose you could then say that she may then reinvest it in to the club, who knows.