Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

Birmingham parachute

With Brum back up at the first attempt, their £11.2m parachute is to be split amongst the rest of the championship.  Does anyone know if we are eligible for this or if it is payable to the team in the champ next season (which I think will be the case)?

If so this is another £400k relegation has robbed us of.  Could have bought Alan Lee for that....

Yes I just read this.  So damn frustrating!  Makes the whole situation we are in feel just that little bit more sour.Full quote from BBC -Championship clubs will enjoy a £400,000 windfall following

Birmingham''s immediate return to the Premier League. By winning

promotion at the first attempt, the Blues do not collect their second

parachute payment of £11.2m and that money will now be split between

the other teams. (Various)Personal thought is that as it''s next season''s parachute money and Brum up next season it will cover the clubs in the Championship next year so sadly not us.Could have paid Doncaster''s wages for the day.

I read this and for a brief instant my brain allowed me a little hurrah for the windfall we would receive......... then reality kicked in...........

Great, just to rub salt into sore wounds!

TV money down from 2.9 million (new bbc deal) to 400k in League One and now this. We are at 3 million in losses already before we even consider discounted tickets and away revenue.