Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

This board is funny!!

Everybody going mental about Gunny getting the job.  Its hilarious!!  I saw this board "come to life" outside the City stand on the day of the open day.  It was so bad it was funny.  People thought a few people were hanging about waiting for an autograph!!  That summed this message board up to me.  I used to come on here because I thought people actually knew what they were talking about, however, the majority (a select few posters aside) talk absolute rhubard, and jump on any bandwagon going.  Like the current anti Gunn one.  I have not read one reasonable post about why he should not get the job.  Just a load of abuse, and the old classic "he''s not a manager", without anything to back it up.  Dont get me wrong the Ipswich and Charlton defeats were simply shocking, however I hold the players 100% responsible for that display, not the manager.

Keep em coming, I need a laugh!!

Do you HONESTLY think Gunn is the right manager for us- at this present moment in time?I expect you to respond : ''yes, he was a good goalkeepr and knows the club well''

Why he should not get the job.Worst manager this decade.  Fact.  Look at the stats.  Granted the team may be poor but its only going to get worse.Gunn Out!

A valid reason why he should not get the job = he relegated us (we were not in the relegation zone when he took over), the fact that he''s not a manager is totally valid. He''s more interested in the power that being manager holds, he''s a co ck

[quote user="No Quarter"]

Everybody going mental about Gunny getting the job.  Its hilarious!!  I saw this board "come to life" outside the City stand on the day of the open day.  It was so bad it was funny.  People thought a few people were hanging about waiting for an autograph!!  That summed this message board up to me.  I used to come on here because I thought people actually knew what they were talking about, however, the majority (a select few posters aside) talk absolute rhubard, and jump on any bandwagon going.  Like the current anti Gunn one.  I have not read one reasonable post about why he should not get the job.  Just a load of abuse, and the old classic "he''s not a manager", without anything to back it up.  Dont get me wrong the Ipswich and Charlton defeats were simply shocking, however I hold the players 100% responsible for that display, not the manager.

[/quote] You are a fucking laugh , you typify the gutless wonders that support City now .

I agree with CT.

Why don''t you provide us with some reasons why he should be appointed as manager?

Agree with you. You can''t judge a him on other managers players. Any manager in the country would have struggled to keep this team up. He can only be judged after he has had a chance to make the team his own. But under this board he wont get full backing.

[/quote]

YOU SIR ARE A MASSIVE C##T

[quote user="CT "]Do you HONESTLY think Gunn is the right manager for us- at this present moment in time?

I expect you to respond : ''yes, he was a good goalkeepr and knows the club well''
[/quote]

Sure do, and here''s why:-

1) He knows how much money he has available

2) He is keen on utilising the Youth System

3) He stated at the fans forum that "you can''t run a football club with loan players in the team"

4) He clearly has a good eye on young, inexpensive talent (Cody McDonald for starters)

5) He forced the players to go and face the fans after they let the whole club down at Charlton.

6) Remeber some of the performances while he was in charge (Birmingham and Wolves away for example)

7) He got Fotheringham out of the club

Plus a load more reasons I can''t be arsed to type

I have not read one reasonable post about why he should not get the job. 

[/quote]

How about a couple of reasonable points: lost last three games of the season, while Barnsley were undefeated; his team selection against Charlton? I mean moving Shackell from a position where he was our best player over the last 10 games to left back? The actions of a man who didn''t want the job. I actually thought the one positive to come from Sunday''s debacle was that not even our lousy board would carry on with Gunn as manager - the board is even lousier than I thought.

[quote user="CT "]Do you HONESTLY think Gunn is the right manager for us- at this present moment in time?I expect you to respond : ''yes, he was a good goalkeepr and knows the club well''[/quote]

1) He knows how much money he has available

2) He is keen on utilising the Youth System

3) He stated at the fans forum that "you can''t run a football club with loan players in the team"

4) He clearly has a good eye on young, inexpensive talent (Cody McDonald for starters)

5) He forced the players to go and face the fans after they let the whole club down at Charlton.

6) Remeber some of the performances while he was in charge (Birmingham and Wolves away for example)

7) He got Fotheringham out of the club

Plus a load more reasons I can''t be arsed to type

[/quote]8) Any money spent on a manager would have been taken away from transfer funds.

Watch what happens next season, i''ll garauntee the squad will again contain at least 6 loanees if not more.

1) He knows how much money he has available - So would anyone else who was in the job for 10 minutes.

2) He is keen on utilising the Youth System - Anyone would with our great youth.

3) He stated at the fans forum that "you can''t run a football club with loan players in the team" - Any idiot can figure that one out.

4) He clearly has a good eye on young, inexpensive talent (Cody McDonald for starters) - He should go back to being Player Recruitment, oh wait he brought in Mooney!  Maybe not then.

5) He forced the players to go and face the fans after they let the whole club down at Charlton. - Worst excuse ever.  His tactics didnt help did they (or lack of)

6) Remeber some of the performances while he was in charge (Birmingham and Wolves away for example) WOW, two games!  What about the last six?

7) He got Fotheringham out of the club - A decent manager would have done the same thing.

Plus a load more reasons I can''t be arsed to type - You mean there are no more

[/quote]

[quote user="No Quarter"][:D][:D][:D]  Keep em coming, I said I need a laugh, and I''m only tittering at the moment[/quote]

YOU ARE A MASSIVE C##T WHO FANCIES HIS MUM.

These are the reasons, No Quarter:

1. He has no managerial or coaching experience.

2. He was hired to pull everyone together and motivate them; instead, we produced two of the most shameful no-shows in the club''s history.

3. He has not demonstrated the slightest sign of any tactical understanding whatsoever. For example: see his team sheet on Sunday, which the mild-mannered Kevin Baldwin rightly described as a "suicide note".

4. Mid-game, he stands on the sidelines like a rabbit in the headlights instead of knowing what to do to change it.

5. When he took over, we were 21st, and outside the relegation zone on goal difference. By the end of the season, we were 22nd, five points adrift of safety. In other words, we somehow managed to get even worse under his stewardship (sic).

6. Many of the players who capitulated on Sunday were signed by him.

7. As Head of Player Recruitment, he also played a longer-term role in bringing a bunch of clowns, mercenaries and journeymen to the club.

8. His only qualification for managing a multi-million pound budget is he''s a nice bloke (and I''m not even convinced about that any more) who played in goal for us. That''s it.

His appointment is final confirmation that the board either does not know what it''s doing, is fast heading towards financial disaster, or alternatively, knows full well what it''s doing, and doesn''t care about consigning us to the depths of English league football as long as the manager is a yes man who fits Delia''s cuddly, cosy image. If you think League 1 is easy to get out of, ask the fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, QPR or Leeds. That league is horrible. Playing attractive football doesn''t work unless you have money to spend, as Leicester did: it''s not so much blood and thunder as thud and blunder. If you''re not fully prepared for it, you''ll fail - and it''s impossible for someone who''s not cut his managerial teeth anywhere else to be fully prepared for it. Instead of entering that division with a manager who has proven he knows what he''s doing, we''re entering it on a wing and a prayer. That''s not just unacceptable; it''s an absolute scandal.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

These are the reasons, No Quarter:

1. He has no managerial or coaching experience.

2. He was hired to pull everyone together and motivate them; instead, we produced two of the most shameful no-shows in the club''s history.

3. He has not demonstrated the slightest sign of any tactical understanding whatsoever. For example: see his team sheet on Sunday, which the mild-mannered Kevin Baldwin rightly described as a "suicide note".

4. Mid-game, he stands on the sidelines like a rabbit in the headlights instead of knowing what to do to change it.

5. When he took over, we were 21st, and outside the relegation zone on goal difference. By the end of the season, we were 22nd, five points adrift of safety. In other words, we somehow managed to get even worse under his stewardship (sic).

6. Many of the players who capitulated on Sunday were signed by him.

7. As Head of Player Recruitment, he also played a longer-term role in bringing a bunch of clowns, mercenaries and journeymen to the club.

8. His only qualification for managing a multi-million pound budget is he''s a nice bloke (and I''m not even convinced about that any more) who played in goal for us. That''s it.

His appointment is final confirmation that the board either does not know what it''s doing, is fast heading towards financial disaster, or alternatively, knows full well what it''s doing, and doesn''t care about consigning us to the depths of English league football as long as the manager is a yes man who fits Delia''s cuddly, cosy image. If you think League 1 is easy to get out of, ask the fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, QPR or Leeds. That league is horrible. Playing attractive football doesn''t work unless you have money to spend, as Leicester did: it''s not so much blood and thunder as thud and blunder. If you''re not fully prepared for it, you''ll fail - and it''s impossible for someone who''s not cut his managerial teeth anywhere else to be fully prepared for it. Instead of entering that division with a manager who has proven he knows what he''s doing, we''re entering it on a wing and a prayer. That''s not just unacceptable; it''s an absolute scandal.

[/quote]Well I couldn''t have put it any better myself.  Brilliant work bigfeller.  Unbelievable if he actually has the job, I just don''t know what to do now.  GUNN OUT.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]A valid reason why he should not get the job = he relegated us (we were not in the relegation zone when he took over), the fact that he''s not a manager is totally valid. He''s more interested in the power that being manager holds, he''s a co ck[/quote]

Yeah because you know him sooo well don''t you! I am not saying he is the man job but the damage was done by the board in years gone buy. Maybe if you knew a bit more about him and the things he does outside of football you would button your mouth young man!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="No Quarter"][:D][:D][:D]  Keep em coming, I said I need a laugh, and I''m only tittering at the moment[/quote]

[/quote]

NO, I''M QUITE A SHORT C##T WHO FANCIES YOUR MUM [:P]

Tactically clueless and thinks a sub is something you get in a sandwich shop. Neal Adams has more coaching experience than this guy and Chris Goreham has more understanding of the game. Head of player acquisition (not a superfluous and token job, surely?) and what a fat lot of good that did. Has had more jobs at this club than Cureton''s missed an open goal and they''re never promotions in the same field.

Gunn has a long history with this club; so do over a thousand other former players and Captain Canary.

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Short + Your Mum ''jokes'' + idiocy = 12 year old boy. Bed time soon sonny Jim, hope you''ve done all your homework for tomorrow.

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

YOU FANCY A CORPSE? SICK C##T.

I posted this on another thread earlier but I think it deserves another airing... I do agree that the abuse a minority have given him is unwarranted.

However, by the same token, people should not allow the emotional

aspect (i.e. club legend and all that) to cloud their judgement. Plenty

of people have indeed given their reasoning as to why Gunn is a poor

manager, indeed I have myself but I will go through it all again anyway

while I''m here.

The most immediately obvious thing is the points-per-game ratio,

barely any better than Roeder''s. A lot was made while we were on a

half-decent run in March that spread over the entire season his points

ratio would have us in mid-table. A lot less is made of the fact that

now, after almost half a season in charge, spread over the season we

would have ended up with 48 points, just two more than we actually got,

and would have gone down anyway. If Roeder was sacked after five

defeats in six league games, then Gunn should not be kept on for

exactly the same run of form.

Also I think the ''team in freefall'' argument doesn''t stand up,

either. For all of Roeder''s faults, we should remember he took over a

team that was stranded at the foot of the table after gaining just

eight points from the first 13 matches. Indeed after his first three

games we only had one more point to show for it. From that position, 11

without a win, confidence shot to bits and an atrocious squad of

players, he got a few players in on loan (making just one permanent

signing) and by the end of February we were 12th. Granted, it fell

apart after that - but we still survived, something that looked

impossible after that infamous defeat at Plymouth. Contrast that with

Gunn taking charge with us outside the bottom three and winning his

first game 4-0, but still getting us relegated by five points. He also

worked under the same restrictions Roeder had, almost entirely working

with loans even in the transfer window, but still didn''t succeed.

I don''t necessarily believe the players had more respect and were

willing to work for him. Sure, to start with that was probably the case

- after witnessing Roeder''s total lack of PR and man-management skills

it was probably a refreshing change for them. But performances and

results were uncannily similar to the ones Roeder''s team produced - the

odd excellent result (Wolves and Birmingham away, Cardiff at home) more

than cancelled out by the spineless, clueless displays

(Southampton (arguably the most damaging result), Coventry and

Sheffield Wednesday at home, Blackpool and Charlton away) in which the

teams and tactics Gunn chose were questionable at best, and were

compounded by his apparent inability to use substitutions to his

advantage, all the while doing his best impression of a rabbit in

headlights - that is when he wasn''t having a go at referees (although

in fairness he was justified on several occasions - not that it should

mask the incompetence of the performances). If Plan A worked, then

great - but it often didn''t, and he was often out-thought by the

opposition manager, with no Plan B in sight.

And during the last month or so, it''s been painfully obvious that

the can''t motivate the team; summed up by being 3-0 down after

half-an-hour at bottom club Charlton. Yes, the players have to take

some responsibility for that, but being able to motivate and earn the

respect of your players is a big part of being a manager and standing

at The Valley at 1.50pm on Sunday, I saw firm evidence that he hasn''t

been able to do that.

Yes, the blame for our decline must go higher than Gunn, or indeed

any of the managers. The board (freely admitting that they offered him

the post on the back of that second half against Barnsley, where we won

despite playing Russell and Cureton up front) should never even have

considered him for manager. But he accepted the job, knew what that

entailed, worked with his hands tied like every manager since

Worthington won us promotion, and as Gunn has acknowledged himself, he

failed. Therefore he has to take some responsibility, as he was the man

in charge when we suffered our first relegation from the second tier

since 1939. Even as we celebrated a big win on January 17th, our fate

was sealed. Appointing a ''proper'' manager may have saved us from that

fate. Things would still have to change at the top, but we could do it

still as a Championship club. Now we are a League One team and it is

vital we pick someone who can do a job at this level, but is hungry to

move forward, has ambition and has shown he has real potential. Norwich

City surely an attractive prospect to this type of manager, and though

we need a fresh start at board level, the right managerial appointment

will also help no end.

That''s nothing, I''m pi$$ing myself reading why you think we should keep Gunny as manager. [:D]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]lol... charming!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

YOU FANCY A CORPSE? SICK C##T.

[/quote]

Give me strength.......

[/quote]I''ve got piss down my leg and aching ribs from when you said Gunn should be manager.Keep it coming, I need a laugh [Y]